What to Buy on Amazon Prime DayFashion Advice
Unless you live under a rock, you know that it’s Amazon Prime Day. Well actually, TOMORROW is Prime Day but deals start today at 9pm ET. To celebrate their birthday, Amazon has started this annual tradition of thanking their Prime members with amazing deals. I love Amazon. As a busy working mom, it’s my BFF for when I need the unexpected – green leggings for a role in a school play, felt for a Girl Scout project, the best hair detangler on earth for Emerson’s rats nest, six bottles of clear school glue for a school event. I love it for making shopping easy – I have recurring purchases for popular home products like eco-friendly detergent, sweet almond oil, and plant-based protein shakes. It’s a given for things like Kindles, e-books, regular books, and music; but I also love it for finding designer fashion and name brand beauty and skincare. Prime Day is a great time to stock up on all these categories and more. While some of their deals are lameola, here’s the ones I think are pretty fantastic:
First and foremost, if you’re not a member of Prime, you need to sign up to get these deals. Prime more than pays for itself in my opinion. Along with free speedy shipping and returns on so many products, you also have access to Prime video for great movies, TV shows, and more. Click here to sign up.
Amazon Products on Sale
- If you don’t have a Kindle and want one, TODAY IS THE DAY. Amazon is offering $30 off the classic Kindle, $30 off the Kindle Paperwhite (I have this and LOVE it, read my original review in this post), and $30 off the Kindle Fire HD 8 (which has Alexa built in). You can also get $20 off the Kindle Fire HD 7 (also with Alexa), and $50 off the Kindle Voyage.
- Audible is on sale! I love Audible, it’s great for long commutes. Today only, get 40% off six months of Audible using this link.
- Kindle Unlimited is also on sale. Like a library for your device, with Kindle Unlimited you have access to millions of titles. This link will give you 25% off a 6-month subscription, 33% off a 12-month subscription, or 40% off a 24-month subscription.
- The Amazon Echo is on sale 50% off – this is amazing and the lowest price it’s ever been. You can also get Echo Dots for only $34.99, again the lowest price ever seen for this product.
Fashion and Beauty on Sale
Even though Prime Day is best for appliances, there’s some great deals going on for your closet!
- 60% off select jeans: this is the link to the styles on sale for women, men, and kids.
- This link has women’s fashion on sale under $50 from their highly-rated in-house brand Paris Sunday.
- Speaking of which, Amazon has a ton of in-house brands that are getting rave reviews. This link shows all the styles that are on sale 20% today only. We’re talking fashion, underpinnings, styles for men, baby clothes, gorgeous accessories (I have this bag and the Prime price is amazeballs), and more.
- I swear by velvet flocked hangers. They’re super streamlined so you have more space in your closet. Not only that, the fabric keeps items from slipping off and falling to the abyss of your closet floor. Amazon Basics makes a great version; they’re usually $12.99 for a 30-pack, but today they’re on sale for $9.69.
- If wood hangers are more your style, you’re also in luck. These highly rated wood hangers are usually $23.99 for a 30-pack, on sale today for $17.99!
- Select luxury beauty products are 40% off; this link will direct you to which ones are on this promo.
- And other luxury beauty is 30% off; this link directs you to the ones on this promo.
- There’s some beauty products where you don’t see the deal until you drop them in your virtual shopping cart. Annoying, but usually this means killer discounts. This link sends you to those items on promo.
- This leather tote is perfect for work, gets amazing reviews, comes in five colors and is on sale for less than $50.
- I have owned a variation of this dress many times and find it so versatile. Great for travel, dress up for a wedding, wear to work, throw on with sandals for the weekend. I don’t yet know the special Prime price but even normally it’s less than $30. By time you read it the Prime price may be revealed.
- Again, a deal not yet advertised at the time of posting, but these classic Cole Haan pumps will have a special discounted price the late morning of the 11th. Six colors to choose from.
- I’ve tried so many brands of mascara and am willing to pay a lot for good lashes. However, I keep coming back to L’Oreal’s Voluminous Carbon Black. It’s cheap, it’s effective, and for Prime Day you can get three tubes for only $11.49. Score!
- I mentioned my daughter’s rat’s nest of hair earlier; using a smoothing shampoo and conditioner, that detangler I linked to, and these brushes has saved time and tears every morning. All of us in the family love these wet brushes, and for Prime Day you can get 2 for $12.47.
- At the time of posting, the Prime Day price for bliss Body Butter isn’t yet available so keep checking it. But this is some of the BEST moisturizer I’ve ever tried. It’s thick, it absorbs, it’s not greasy, and this is the fragrance free version which is truly free of any scent (no weird plastic or chemical smell). So gentle I’ve even used it on my kid.
- Weleda Skin Food is a cult favorite for good reason. For cuticles, rough elbows and heels, lips, dry patches, you name it, this will heal it. At the time of posting the Prime Day is not yet visible, so keep checking, it’s worth it to stock up if it’s a good deal (likely will be since Amazon usually has it at the lowest price around). Again, so gentle I’ve used on my child.
- I have this same exact makeup mirror and I love it. You can read my review of it here. At the time of posting the Prime Day price hasn’t been revealed, but I have found it worth the regular price. Seriously, it’s amazing.
- Another item I ADORE is Body Shop’s Satsuma shower gel. I’ve raved about it before on the blog, and I currently have a bottle in my shower. Again, the price has yet to be revealed but watch this link for a good deal on one of the yummiest smelling shower gels to wake you up each morning.
Home and Office on Sale
- Eight is a high-tech mattress brand that’s getting a TON of press and positive reviews. While the price is normal on their website, through Amazon they’re offering $200 off their smart mattresses AND free shipping. Use code 8PRIMESM and this link. Code only valid on July 11, 2017. If I didn’t have a relatively new mattress I’d likely try Eight; if you have one of their mattresses or order one on Prime Day let me know!
- Erin Condren planners are so popular. I haven’t tried them yet, but with this promo of 20% off I may finally bite the bullet.
- Delta showerheads are 20% off. This may seem super random, but showerheads have gotten so high tech, able to conserve water while providing better water pressure. A new showerhead could improve your bathing experience while saving money and the environment!
Travel Necessities on Sale
- If you don’t own packing cubes, you should. They’re a travel gamechanger, making more space in your luggage, help keep things organized, and prevent wrinkling. This set of large packing cubes (the size I use most) are usually $26.99 but on sale for $18.69.
- For traveling overseas, visiting heavily populated cities, or attending a protest march, it’s good to have a neck wallet. It hangs on a strap undetectable under your clothing to hold money, your passport, credit cards, and more. Usually $14.99, today it’s only $8.69. So cheap (and so highly rated), there’s no reason NOT to get one and have it at the ready!
There’s plenty more deals happening, but mostly appliances and Amazon products. I highly recommend you take a look, it’s a great way to get amazing prices on high quality items. And unlike a Black Friday promotion where you’re racing through a store like a mad woman, you can shop from your computer or phone AND have access to tons of customer reviews to help you make the right buy. Happy shopping!