Reader Chris contacted me to share what I’m currently loving at Ann Taylor. Through Sunday, Ann Taylor is offering 40% off everything (including sale merchandise) with the promo code GOSPRING. Ann Taylor is one of my favorite retailers for career wear that has style but is relatively timeless; I have piece in my wardrobe from Ann Taylor that are years old but still look modern and fresh. Offering tall and petite sizes and regular sizes up to XXL and 16 online, it’s a good major retailer go-to, especially when they have fab sales like this.
I’m limiting my picks to full-price merchandise as sale is often sold out by time I post. But do check out the sale section, I get some amazing deals from Ann Taylor. With Ann Taylor, you can return online purchases to their stores without hassle; if you do need to do this check their floor selection as it’s often different from online, especially in the clearance department.
- Crepe Shirred Popover – This is the type of blouse you think it ho-hum and pass over in the store, but if you do purchase you wear the heck out of it and wish you bought two. Looks great tucked or untucked; pair with a pencil skirt and pumps for church, wear untucked with boyfriend jeans for brunch. Slip over skinny dark jeans and pumps for a night out, or wear untucked with ankle pants and pointed flats for the office and looks great under a blazer.
- Stitch Pocket Blouse – A variation on the same concept of the popover – the simple blouse that ends up being a wardrobe workhorse.
- Silk Camp Shirt – I bought this shirt last spring in navy and wear it quite often. I’ve paired with white jeans (seen here), last week wore it tucked in with navy trousers (seen on Instagram), and often wear it untucked over distressed jeans. They’re well made (and I love the covered placket – dresses up much more easily), but my tip is to tack the rolled sleeves as the silk is too soft and the cuffs unravel.
- Striped Wrap Top – I became a new fan of tops like these last spring and summer; with my broken arm they were a way to look polished without sleeves and buttons. The wrap style is flattering to a bust, the draping hides a tummy, and it can look at home at the workplace or the dance floor. Pair with trousers of most any length or leg opening, with jeans, and even a pair of black shorts for a summer party.
- Crepe Drape Neck Top – Ann Taylor has a variation of this top almost every year and I own it in hot pink (seen here) and navy. I wear it tucked in with a suit, untucked over skinny jeans or ankle pant, untucked with a skinny belt over a pencil skirt. It’s great for travel because it’s so versatile, doesn’t wrinkle, and can be spot cleaned quite easily.
- Shoulder Button Tee – Available in stripes and solids, this is another basic that Ann Taylor carries a version of year after year. I have a button-free version of this top in black and red that I have been wearing for years; it’s a great length sleeve to pair with ankle pants and midi skirts and the length makes it great tucked in or left out.
- Cashmere Poncho – I own this (see here) and wear it all the time. Just a bit chilly? I throw it over everything from a shift dress to a striped tee and jeans. In the winter I’d wear over long-sleeved tops and sweaters. It has a great drape that is figure flattering, and now is available in a variety of great colors. This is a piece you’ll own and wear for years.
Dresses and Skirts
- Layered Crepe Dress – This is the dress you’ll wish was in your closet come mid-July when it’s hot and humid and you’d rather be at the beach than the office but you have to be a responsible adult. You don’t want anything tight or stuffy, but you need to be appropriate and would be oh so happy slipping this on with a pair of pumps or wedge sandals instead of a blazer. Buy it now, you can thank me later.
- Floral Embroidered Shirtdress – In a world of bold colors and boring neutrals, this feminine peachy frock is a breath of fresh air. Pair with tan sandals and aviators for the weekend, style with nude pumps for the office, switch out the self-belt for a rope or weather leather belt to create a completely different look.
- Fine Stripe Shirtdress – If you’re like me and feel more at home in bold patterns and neutrals, this alternative is for you. The vertical stripes are modern and slimming; the split neck with mandarin collar elongates the neck, and you can create a completely different look with a switch of belt.
- Doubleweave A-line Skirt – Classic flattering shape and a hot coral color that will add a punch to your neutrals, chambray and denim, and also brights like turquoise, yellow, and berry.
- Circle Skirt – A nice weight of textured black knit makes this a great skirt for work or play. Flattering fit and length.
Jackets and Coats
- All-Season Stretch Two Button Jacket – ‘Tis the season to buy suiting from Ann Taylor. This jacket is a classic cut that will stay stylish for many seasons; create a suit by pairing it with the All-Season Pencil Skirt or All-Season Trousers.
- Spring Leopard Coat – This is like the spring version of my Talbots coat; collarless style which looks great paired with a tank and jeans or worn as a lightweight coat over a dress or trousers. Simple and chic, will become a closet favorite.
- Relaxed Crepe Trench – White available in navy, the mustard color is phenomenal. You may say it’s not your color, but imagine it paired with cobalt blue, bright blue-red or hot pink lips, with black and white, magenta or purple. It’s an accent that can elevate your wardrobe.
Shoes and Accessories
- Leather Corset Belt – When big sales like this happen, I always buy belts. They’re not too pricey (especially with a nice 40% off promo code), and they transform your wardrobe. This belt has a unique style and two great colors to update your wardrobe in a jiffy. Slip over a sheath dress, pair with a fitted tee and midi skirt, replace the self-belt of a dress, use it to cinch a tunic blouse or kimono. I’ve found Ann Taylor belts can run a bit small, if in doubt size up.
- Kylie Leather Pumps – Ann Taylor makes great shoes, and the Kylie is one of their best. Available in two classic colors, this is an elegant shoe at a reasonable height perfect for desk to drinks.
- Juliet Leather Ankle Zip Sandals – Tough, but not too tough. Chic, but not too trendy. This is a hot shoe, but elegant enough to be able to work in some office environments and even be worn to a day wedding yet would look awesome with jeans.
- Faceted Stone Collar – I used to get the BEST jewelry from Ann Taylor but in the past few seasons it has been a lot of the same. This necklace makes a statement without being too heavy and would look amazing with a simple tee or tank, or in the neckline of a work blouse.
Did you buy anything from the Ann Taylor sale? Purchased any recent pieces from the brand? Would love to hear your buys and recommendations in the comments!