Many of you have asked over the years if I do personal styling consultations. While I did this in the past, I stopped once Emerson was born and started researching personal stylists to be able to recommend quality individuals to you. Through this research I got to know, and become friends with many personal stylists and one is Rosana Vollmerhausen of DC Style Factory.
With a combined 30-plus years in style and fashion, DC Style Factory offers expertise to plus-size, petite, tall clients and more. They’ve worked with high-profile big wigs who require polish for television appearances, attorneys, CEOs, stay-at-home moms juggling carpool, young professionals taking the next step in their careers and much more. Getting to know Rosana and her team at DC Style Factory, I learned their personal style beliefs are very in line with what I discuss here at Wardrobe Oxygen, and recommend their services with confidence. Some of you have worked with DC Style Factory after my recommendation and have reported back how it was a positive, fun, and enlightening experience and it helped you better understand your style and shop with success.
While DC Style Factory is located in the Nation’s Capital, they have been known to travel for special circumstances and also offer thorough and personalized virtual consultations. DC Style Factory is generous enough to provide one Wardrobe Oxygen winner with four hours of personalized online styling!
- Initial phone call and email sharing basic information (sizing, headshot, full-body shot, etc.). From this, winner will receive:
- A checklist of essentials with directions on how to audit your own closet
- A private Pinterest board where you and DCSF will communicate about how you wish to evolve your personal style
- First hour:
- 30 minute Facetime or Skype consult to discuss body type, lifestyle, and personal style/taste. This consult will also delve into your closet, addressing any orphan garments, items you are wondering if you should keep, and more.
- Following this consult, winner will receive a personalized style memo which includes:
- Snapshot of where you are style-wise and where you want to be
- Personalized style tips for your specific body type and lifestyle
- A budgeted and prioritized shopping list of pieces that will help refine, update, and complete your wardrobe.
- Second Hour:
- One hour of online shopping for the high-priority items on your list. You will receive multiple links to specific high-priority wardrobe items from your personalized memo.
- Winner will provide pictures of new purchases so they can be reviewed prior to next Facetime/Skype consult.
- Third hour:
- One hour Facetime or Skype discussion to discuss purchases, possible ways to wear, and next steps.
- Fourth Hour:
- Rosana will create eight (8) outfits on Polyvore based on your new purchases so you can start trying out your new style!