What I Wore: Party Time, Excellent

What I Wore: Party Time, Excellent featuring a Dobbin Clothing lace dress, Dagne Dover clutch, and Talbots leopard coat What I Wore: Party Time, Excellent featuring a Dobbin Clothing lace dress, Dagne Dover clutch, and Talbots leopard coat What I Wore: Party Time, Excellent featuring a Dobbin Clothing lace dress, Dagne Dover clutch, and Talbots leopard coat

Dress: c/o Dobbin Clothing | Coat: c/o Talbots (similar) | Shoes: Nine West | Bag: c/o Dagne Dover | Bracelet: Nordstrom | Lipstick: Revlon ‘Really Red'

I took a break from the blog over the winter holidays and ended up not capturing some of the great outfits I wore for holiday parties. I wore this dress Christmas Eve and love how it looks so dressy but is so easy and comfortable to wear. Like everything else I have from Dobbin Clothing, this dress fits and flatters my curves so nicely straight out of the box. This is the kind of dress that can be worn all four seasons of the year and all levels of formality with a quick change of accessories.

Review of the Dagne Dover Clutch

I featured this clutch-wallet from Dagne Dover in a previous outfit post; this time I added one of the two straps available for the bag. The included short strap makes it easy to slip on the wrist to hold a cocktail or plate of hors d'ourves; there's also a longer strap available to turn it into a shoulder bag. I had to show the interior of this little clutch, it holds so much! Inside the pockets I have more cards, change for the meter, blotting papers, key, and a couple pieces of gum; everything you need for a night out on the town. Plus, the portion with the cards is held on with a magnet so you can easily remove it, use it like a wallet and switch it to a different bag. Brilliant!

27 Comments

1. Amy
    January 28, 2015 / 11:12 am

Hey Allie. Love this clutch (and the dress!). From the photos, it looks like you have the coated canvas version rather than the leather. Is that right? I think I may have to order this… Love the idea of the magnetic card holder.

• January 28, 2015 / 2:26 pm

It’s the limited edition black python version. I do have the coated canvas in the tiny and mini totes, and gave my sister the clutch wallet in coated gold and it’s really nice too 🙂

• Amy
        January 29, 2015 / 12:16 pm

Oooh. Jealous! That one is sold out. Thanks for the info!

2. crtfly
    January 21, 2015 / 3:52 pm

This dress looks sooo good on you. I wish they had it in other colors. It is the exact thing I’ve been seeking for a wedding. Too bad I can’t wear black. Unfortunately black makes me look like a cast member of Night of the Living Dead.

Chris

• January 24, 2015 / 1:36 pm

It would be a nice dress in navy or even a softer color like gray or teal, we’ll see what Dobbin offers in the future!

3. Lynn
    January 21, 2015 / 1:54 pm

You look absolutely gorgeous in this outfit- perfect!

4. Happinessatmidlife
    January 20, 2015 / 10:55 pm

First, you look stunning in this outfit! And second, I think I need this clutch though I never go anywhere that requires a clutch 🙂

Alice

5. Lilliasrose
    January 20, 2015 / 5:46 pm

I love the idea of the clutch, but where do you put your phone? Also, question, is putting a magnet next to all your credit cards a good idea? Not being snarky, genuinely curious.

I wish I could dress like that this time of year! I’ve got 147 layers on right now.

• January 20, 2015 / 5:50 pm

There’s two small magnets on the back of that piece, which is reinforced and multi-layered. Haven’t had any issues so far. And my phone fits in the zippered pocket, I forgot to mention it because I had it in my coat pocket! Both good questions/comments!

6. Pam S.
    January 20, 2015 / 12:46 pm

That is a gorgeous dress on you! It’s funny, on the model in the picture, the dress looks short, tight, and not especially elegant. I would never look twice at it. You, on the hand, make it look amazing. I love that!

• January 20, 2015 / 1:01 pm

Can’t judge a dress by its model! Lately I’ve been finding a lot of things look better on some curves than a tall straight figure. WOO HOO!

• HokieKate
      January 21, 2015 / 7:57 am

I also think this looks so much better on Allie! I love where it hits on the knee. Unfortunately, I’m 5’10” so it would hit me well north of the knee.

7. Alexis
    January 20, 2015 / 12:18 pm

“WOW WOW WOW.” That’s what came out of my mouth, out loud, when the blog post uploaded. You rock that dress, most splendidly.

8. Aimee
    January 20, 2015 / 12:09 pm

I love this dress and clutch! One of my goals is to find a dressier dress that will fit weddings/fancy occasions. I just need to have one on the ready because when something comes up I’m scrambling and end up buying an outfit that is just so-so due to time limitations.

9. Ginger
    January 20, 2015 / 11:56 am

Nice outfit. A dressy dress is a great thing to have because you put it on and you’re ready to go.

Good luck with the magnet thing. I have had bad luck with magnets and my Smart trip card and try to avoid bags with magnetic clasps.

• January 20, 2015 / 12:52 pm

I had a bag destroy my SmarTrip too, was so frustrated. Luckily this one has two tiny magnets in good places in the back so I don’t think they’ll cause a problem.

10. Sandie
    January 20, 2015 / 11:12 am

I score this coat because of you and love it and it’s elegance! Thank you!

11. Lynn
    January 20, 2015 / 9:58 am

I need that clutch. So cute!