Holiday Gift Guide: Making it Personalshopping tips
Over the years I've found gifts both received and given that have a personal touch are more appreciated. I have monogrammed and personalized gifts decades old that are still in my possession and still treasured. A personalized gift can often be budget-friendly yet have more ooohs and aaahs than a gift twice its price. My picks from around the web for great personalized gifts, in a variety of pricepoints.
- This monogrammed leather bag is made to perfectly fit a laptop. Slim, sleek, and elegant, this is a great gift for a college grad or the stylish professional in your life. Two colors available, with free monogramming and free gift wrapping!
- Have a friend who is planning a tropical vacation in the New Year? Maybe she's just a beach (or pool) bunny. Help her stay safe and chic in the sun with this monogrammed floppy sun hat. Available in 16 different colors and a variety of monogram styles.
- Everyone in my family has monogrammed beach towels from Lands' End; they are incredibly thick, well made, absorbent, and keep their rich color after years of beach and pool use and lots of laundering. It's that gift one wouldn't expect but will end up loving.
- I seriously want this longitude and latitude sign for my city; I'd hang it up in my kitchen where everyone congregates when we have people over. Available in four colors and able to be hung indoors or out, it's a great gift for the loved one with a beach house, a college kid who misses home, or like me, a big heart for her town.
- Emerson has hit the age of wanting a diary. From 7 to 107, it's nice to have a place to jot down thoughts, lists, doodles, or a log of travels. This little personalized journal has unlined pages so the recipient can use it for most anything he or she desires. While I featured the journal in blue, this Etsy store has other colors and styles available.
- Whether they're newlyweds or just act like them, your favorite couple will get all gushy-wushy over a personalized pair of coffee mugs. The price is great, and this Etsy seller has a ton of other fun personalized mugs (and ones specific to your state of residence).
- Talk about a personal gift! Take your handwriting (or that of a loved one here or passed) and have it made into a bracelet! Using your phone, camera, or scanner, get a very clear image of the handwriting and in Sterling Silver, yellow, or white gold plating it can become jewelry. The price is extremely reasonable for such a sentimental gift.
- The Transport Tote from Madewell has been a popular bag for a long while; anyone on your list would be thrilled to receive it. Make it personal with her initials in gold embossed on the top ($10 additional). Available in saddle (pictured) and black.
- Cashmere-lined leather gloves are always a welcome gift; these not only can be monogrammed but they come in six fabulous colors and get great ratings for quality and fit.
- L.L. Bean makes great bags and luggage; this lightweight tote has the classic Boat and Tote styling but weighs far less, making it perfect for travel. Reviews rave about it's perfect size and how it's great for flights. Ten color combinations available and all under $25; add a monogram for a personal touch.
- A comfy pair of pajamas is a great gift; a pair that is personalized it even better! These classic knit pajamas will stretch with you as you sleep and lounge, come in two colors and the monogram is elegantly embroidered on the cuff.