Black Friday Early: Deals before Thanksgivingshopping tips
Not all deals are limited to the day after Thanksgiving. Some of my favorite brands and retailers are starting their sales early and I have the intel for you. As always, if you know of any other awesome deals, share them in the comments. The more the merrier. Happy shopping!
Dange Dover is offering 20% off their entire collection of amazing handbags. Ya’ll know I love Dagne Dover, and this is an awesome deal. You MUST check out their new leather and suede collection; I have their Ava bucket bag and it’s chic, classic, and just as intelligently designed as their classic totes. I'm drooling over the Elle clutch in Rust Suede and the Lola pouch is the perfect gift! Use promo code GETDAGNE.
LOFT has 40% off everything, promo code THANKS. They're also doing LOFT cash right now so you can get savings for a future order. I mentioned in this post some of the things at LOFT that I like, here's a few other goodies:
- I love the shape and neckline of this swing sweater; would be so cute with ankle pants and flats or slim jeans and booties.
- My puffer vest was such a great investment for style and practicality; this one has flattering seaming and some amazing colors to choose from
- I love this shimmer mosaic fabric; it's perfect for the holidays and beyond. The Shimmer Mosaic skirt would be great with a tee and denim jacket, a cashmere turtleneck, can become an evening look with a black velvet or beaded tee or cami. The jacket could dress down with a tank and jeans or be an alternative to a wrap with your LBD.
- The Lantern Sleeve Dress has the same versatility and ease as my printed shift from LOFT, but in a gorgeous blue and with the cool sleeve detail. I think it may be more versatile since this color and fabric could dress up with a sparkly collar or long tassel necklace.
- Want to make your black suit work for the holidays? Add a camisole in a festive fabric and some sparkly heels. This velvet cami is a great option, as is this stained glass lace camisole.
- A great gift or to treat yourself is this gold bangle set; I love how one has an initial on it to make it personal and the price is amazing!
- Winter is coming, a pair of fleece tights is a godsend. Even better when they're on sale!
Shoes.com has 30% off all orders of $99 and more which includes free shipping and exchanges. Use code HUGEDEALS2016. Some picks:
- These fabulous metallic block heels from ALDO that will be stylish yet comfortable for all your holiday parties and can be worn in the New Year with everything from jeans to little black dresses
- Rockport’s Total Motion collection is truly comfortable; I have a pair and they are wearable all day even when walking all over the city. Their Kalila pump is a great height for pants or skirts and comes in six colors (including leopard haircalf and a fab metallic snakeskin that would look amazing with ivory, gray and camel). The Kalila bootie would look chic with everything from work trousers to skinny jeans.
- Aerosoles’ ‘Laminate’ is the perfect heel to have in your wardrobe for holiday parties and beyond. The ankle strap is chic and provides stability, the heel is high enough to flatter but low enough to be able to stand and dance all night. Black, nude, and two metallics available.
- This Chelsea boot from Hardy is perfect for weekends and more causal workplaces.
- So chic, such a classic, the Midtown from Ariat is a beautiful riding boot that will be stylish for years to come. Three elegant colors available.
- A great gift or to treat yourself, this leather weekender from Cole Haan is utterly gorgeous and will only get better with wear, time and plenty of getaways.
J. Crew has 40% off EVERYTHING. Yes, you read that correctly! Use code HOLIDAY. This is amazing, not just for your but for the little ones and the guys in your life. I'll be honest I don't know where to start because J. Crew has really stepped up their game this year and reminds both me and my husband of the old J. Crew we loved so much. For those with tall guys in their lives, J. Crew is phenomenal for them, lots of tall tops and long inseams.
- This is the kind of sale where you can buy investment pieces, like this beautiful tuxedo blazer with satin lapels. Instant Le Smoking with these trousers, wear over a long gown, style with jeans and a camisole… you'll wear it for years.
- This pleated ponte dress is perfection. Regular, petite, and tall in two sizes, this will be the most versatile dress in your closet. Glam up with sparkly jewelry and heels for a party, wear to work with pumps or tall boots, style for the weekend with a denim jacket.
- This fit and flare lace dress is so chic, so classic, so beautiful. Wear for the holiday with a bright red lip, but wear all year long for weddings, cocktail parties, and other events.
- Looking for holiday shoes that aren't stilettos? J. Crew has you covered. Their Sophia Pump has a block heel and comfy toebox. The green glitter option is the perfect way to add some holiday sparkle to your LBD (or little navy, or little burgundy or little gray dress); the gold sequin option has an ankle strap for added stability and would look amazing peeking out from ivory wool trousers as well as dresses.
- Speaking of festive shoes, these glittery Chelsea boots would add glam to jeans, trousers, and dresses with tights.
- Going practical, I'm loving this chunky cableknit turtleneck. The shape, the color options, this is perfection for winter.
J. Crew Factory has 50% off EVERYTHING and free shipping on orders $50 and more. No promo code, prices as marked. My picks:
- Get your holiday look now to reduce panicked shopping last minute next month. This silver sequin skirt would make black tights, boots, and a turtleneck festive, it would also look awesome with just a band or patterned tee and denim jacket or glammed up with a silk blouse and heels.
- I have two of these Artist striped long-sleeve shirts and I love the weight, the flattering neckline, and how they have held up so nicely through so many washes, dryer runs, and wears.
- A calf hair loafer is a way to stay comfortable but add interest to work trousers or jeans of any silhouette. Two prints available and the price is very nice.
- For 11 years I have recommended a dressy top to be in your wardrobe. Maybe this sequin tee is the right one for you? Pair with jeans for a night out with the girls, velvet pants for a holiday party, a taffeta midi skirt for New Year's Eve.
- A merino turtleneck is a great way to add warmth and style to your current wardrobe. Wear under blazers, look Audrey chic with a pair of slim ankle pants or jeans and flats, style with skirts of all styles, it can also look great with a formal skirt! Six colors to choose from.
- J. Crew's Teddie Sweater is a classic; I'm partial to the leopard and polka-dot options to add some whimsy to your wardrobe. This stripe is also super pretty!
- I love this patterned schoolboy blazer, both color choices are awesome. Pair with a striped tee and jeans, camel turtleneck and jeans or trousers, the silhouette would also look great with skirts.
- Nothing more flattering than a fit and flare dress and this one looks like perfection. Add a pair of heels and you're ready for a holiday party or evening wedding three seasons of the year. However, which pattern to choose? The blue peacock jacquard, the metallic gold dot jacquard, or the striped black and silver jacquard?
Kiyonna has a sale starting today of 30% off all orders of $150 and more; use promo code THANKFUL30. Also, all orders over $100 have free shipping! My picks:
- This vegan leather biker jacket looks soft and perfect to slip over dresses or style with sweaters, tees, and jeans
- I get so much use out of my printed maxi wrap dress; this is a great one with a flattering print that will work three seasons of the year. Make it holiday ready with sparkly tassel earrings and a red pout!
- Get holiday party ready with their Mademoiselle Lace Dress. I know many friends and bloggers who have this dress and it is gorgeous on all of them. A great dress to have in your closet for that last-minute party, wedding, or date night. Four colors to choose from.
- The Feminine Frills Lace Top is a wardrobe workhorse. Pair with dark jeans and heels for a night out with the girls, style with a pencil skirt and blazer for work, pair with a taffeta midi skirt for an evening affair.
- Looking for something dressy to keep you warm while you wear your cocktail dresses and formal fashion? How about this adorable faux fur short coat? Even better… it's already on sale!
Through Wednesday, Amazon has 20% off select fashion and the selection is pretty amazing. Discount applied at checkout. My picks:
- The Leo Clutch from Rebecca Minkoff is so perfect, and how utterly amazing is this version with stars all over it? Pair with an LBD or jeans and a blazer.
- Speaking of Rebecca Minkoff, the large Suki handbag is so beautiful and a style that will be chic for years. I can’t decide which color I like better!
- I have the Rebecca Minkoff ‘Vanity' bag; wore it yesterday on the blog. Pretty awesome to find it on sale!
- Karl owns this very shawl collar cardigan from Penguin and it always gets him compliments. It’s the kind of sweater a guy can wear over a button-down or a band tee and will be loved for years. Three colors available.
- Adidas is hot; impress the guy on your list (or gift it to yourself) with a classic trefoil hoodie from the brand. Six different colors available.
- This silver cuff bracelet is the perfect message and gift for your brave beautiful best friend
- The perfect gold bangle from Kate Spade is a great gift or addition to your jewelry box
- This black and white blouse with flared sleeves from Karen Kane is utterly gorgeous; pair with jeans and ankle boots for the weekend, style with trousers for work, and glam up for evening by tucking it into a midi or pencil skirt.
- I have these very silver mirror pumps from Nine West; they're so much fun, glam up outfits so easily, and are a walkable height
- Make any sweater or blouse in your wardrobe holiday party ready with this black sequined pencil skirt from BB Dakota
- I have a few pairs of JAG jeans' Peri straight jeans and I adore them. Smooth waistband that disappears under fitted knits, and denim that stretches but doesn't bag out with wearing. Seven colors available.
Woo-hoo! Not only has ELOQUII's fall collection been insanely awesome, they're offering 40% off dresses, skirts, and tops and 30% off everything else with promo code SHINE. What I am drooling over:
- A quick way to make any blazer, blouse, or sweater in your wardrobe ready for the holidays is with a festive skirt. This velvet pencil skirt is a brilliant choice and one that will be chic for seasons to come.
- I am so loving their Allman Blazer, especially in white. So chic! Wear now over a black dress, with dark jeans and a camel, grey, or black turtleneck or crewneck sweater and come spring style with a Breton tee!
- I love a ball skirt, it's so fun to wear and this time of year is one when it's completely appropriate and acceptable. Style with a crisp white shirt, a cashmere tee, a turtleneck sweater or go funky with a printed tee or bodysuit!
- The color, the silhouette… I love everything about this long cape jacket. Add a jeweled gold brooch and it's the perfect topper for your cocktail dresses. Wear to work over suits and dresses, and glam up jeans and booties!
- I love the faux wrap style of this sequin tulip skirt. So flattering and adds interest so you can more easily style it with a simple top. Like the ball skirt, pair with a white shirt, a turtleneck or crewneck sweater, sweater tee, a band tee, a striped tee, a denim shirt, a denim jacket and tee, a biker jacket, a silk blouse… once it's in your closet you'll be making all sorts of outfits with it now and past the holidays!
BaubleBar is offering 30% off their holiday collection and gift sets with promo code HOLIDAY30. I love BaubleBar's ability to make quality yet reasonably priced costume jewelry that incorporates the current trends without looking too cheesy or twee. My picks:
- Tassel earrings are hot this season, and a perfect way to look festive or glitzy. These in black are perfection. Toss in your bag to put on after work for a holiday happy hour, glam up an LBD, go all out with a sparkly frock, and after the holidays style even with a simple tee and jeans for some fun.
- Why keep all the tassel fun to yourself? Treat a loved one to this gift set of two pairs of these earrings… or split it up with one pair for you, one for them!
- This crystal collar is a great way to glam up a merino or cashmere crewneck in your wardrobe. It's also a good length to wear with a button-front shirt – wear under the collar so it peeks out for a bit of sparkle. Of course, it's also fabulous with off the shoulder, scoop, crew, and strapless styles of dresses.
- Three of the hottest styles of earrings in one gift box – pave studs, ear jackets (earrings that have a separate piece that shows behind the lobe), and crawlers (earrings meant to go up the lobe instead of dangling down). All three are sparkly, stylish, and a great gift or a great way to try out these trends!
I am a big Colleen Rothschild skincare fan; since using it my adult acne has disappeared and my skin is more consistent through the month. They're having 30% off their entire line, promo code BLKFRI. My favorite products:
- Radiant Cleansing Balm – Double cleansing has been a gamechanger for me. First I wash my face with micellar water or cleaning wipes. Then I use this. It gets everything off, including waterproof mascara, doesn't dry me out, doesn't irritate my eyes, and my skin is so happy!
- Sheer Renewal Cream – I've always used moisturizers that fought wrinkles or uneven skin or radicals or something. Funny how when I switched to this moisturizer my skin started looking younger, plumper, and more even. I'm almost finished with my second tube and I know I'll be getting a third.
- Discovery Collection – Want to try the line? This is a great way to do so, and it's all travel-friendly sizes in a smart little bag.
- Hygge Artisan Candle – I haven't tried this yet but just reading the description of this candle's scent and the elegant black jar makes me know I'll love it and think it would be a great gift!
- Nourishing Body Lotion – Another product I haven't tried… yet. But if it's anywhere as awesome as the face lotion (and smells anywhere as awesome) I'll love it!
I just saw they have 50% off your first item with promo code BRFIFTY and 40% off the rest of your purchase with promo code BRFORTY. I didn't have time before posting to share my picks, but I'm off to find Karl some clothes because like J. Crew, Banana is a great place for tall guys!
So if you find some great deals, share them below!