The Best Black Friday Deals in Fashion and Beauty
Essentially every retailer has a promotion for Black Friday, but not all are worth getting up at the crack of dawn or spending time away from family. Below is my opinion on the best Black Friday deals going on today and through this weekend, and a few tips of what to purchase at each of the sales. As I learn of new promotions and Black Friday promo codes for fashion and beauty thist post will be updated. Brands are in alphabetical order so it's easier to scroll through.
ALLSAINTS: 40% off Everything, No Code Needed
My Paradise North/South Tote from ALLSAINTS was my best buy of 2017. Get it at a nice price on their website and while there check out their other amazing bags and fashion!
Ann Taylor: 40% off Everything, Promo Code THANKFUL (through 11/24)
- Um, don’t mind me I’m just drooling over this velvet belted jacket and wide leg trousers. How incredibly chic is this look?
- A pretty green lace skirt to glam up everything from a denim shirt to a crewneck sweater.
- Love this leopard printed faux fur coat, the hood completely makes it!
- The perfect sequined dress – chic, classic, sophisticated, a bit modest, but all out glam.
- A velvet cami in a variety of colors to glam up your basic blazers. Just add sparkly earrings and you’re ready for a night out!
- Cozy, chic, and so flattering. Loving this belted cardigan. Wear on the weekend but style for the office with a ruffled blouse and wide leg trousers or classic trousers and a sleek turtleneck.
Anthropologie: 30% off Everything, no Code Needed
Anthro is another one of those places where you may find a fabulous holiday dress for you, but can find amazing gifts for other as well. Their collection for kids is utterly precious. I tried this dress on in their store recently and if I were 10 pounds lighter and an inch taller (they didn't have the petite option in store) I would have bought it on the spot. They have a lot of great items under $25 and are offering the discount on top of the sale prices.
ASOS: 30% off Everything with Promo Code EPIC30 (valid 11/22-11/28)
Y’all know I LOVE ASOS. They’re awesome for trendy wide width shoes, cool plus size fashion, and couture-looking pieces at reasonable prices through their ASOS White line. Recent purchases I’ve made at ASOS:
- My black patent booties (link for wide width, link for regular width)
- This rainbow kaleidoscope of a faux fur coat
- A denim boilersuit – stay tuned to see how I glammed it up!
- I adore my embroidered leather jacket; here's the link to it in straight sizes (I got Curve 14)
- This amazing heavy satin dress that looks designer and only returned because I am 2″ too short for it.
- This zebra print blouse with the coolest sleeves
- My sister got this sequined wrap top and says it's even more gorgeous in person
- This elegant, sexy, and totally Studio 54 dress is amazing; if I didn't already have a sequin dress for New Year's Eve I'd be buying this one!
Banana Republic: 50% off Everything, No Code Needed
- Machine washable cashmere blend poncho? Say no more!
- Quick way to look festive is with some sparkly pants. These are a classic fit and will make a simple turtleneck or jewel neck sweater cocktail-ready!
- I love metallic oxfords and brogues. It’s a way to glam up a look without sacrificing comfort and adds such a fun touch to a menswear look. I’ve always been happy with Banana’s footwear, these come in two colors.
- The perfect not-so-little red dress for the holidays and beyond, in a flattering silhouette and in comfy stretchy yet refined Ponte. It also comes in black.
- Yep, I think need to add this embroidered striped top to my collection!
BaubleBar: 30% off Everything, Promo Code FRIDAY30 (valid until 11/25)
I'm a fan of BaubleBar, I think they do trendy jewelry right – not too cheap, not too pricey, and good quality. They have some fantastic gift sets to give to teens, adults, or to treat yourself. Their holiday collection is full of sparkle, glitz, and festive colors to help transform your wardrobe basics for the season.
Chico's: 40% off Everything, Promo Code 29037
If you're a Chico's Passprt member you can take an additional 5% off this promotion. This sale is on everything including already discounted prices at Chico's.
Clare V: Spend $300, get a $50 Gift Card (and Free Shipping)
I love the elgant simplicity of Clare V bags and accessories, and love that they're all made n the USA. My green croco clutch is from Clare V. They have a wonderful selection of unique gifts on this page.
Colleen Rothschild: 30% Off Everything, Promo Code BFRI30
As I mentioned in this post, Colleen Rothschild Skincare is having 30% off everything, which includes gifty items like their candles and Discovery Kit. If you haven’t tried their Radiant Cleansing Balm, it’s pretty amazing.
Dagne Dover: 20% off Sitewide with Promo Code DAGNETHANKS
I have several Dagne Dover bags and positively adore them. You can see the archive of them, most with detailed reviews at this link. I haven't yet shown the Allyn Tote on the blog, but it's my absolute favorite commuter/work bag. It's leather, lightweight, easily held my larger work laptop along with commuter shoes, lunch, a notebook, bottle of water, and everything else I'd need on a daily basis. The straps are that perfect length that works in the hand but can also fit over the shoulder even while wearing a puffer coat. The card case is elegant simplicity and a favorite of mine (would make a really nice gift with a gift card).
Dermstore: 30% off, Promo Code FRIDAY (brand exclusions may apply)
Dermstore is my new favorite go-to shop for beauty brands. With a mix of department store, luxury, and drugstore they have an amazing selection. Their staff tests and tries the products and is selective with what products they offer. Free shipping, free returns, tons of free samples with orders, and really good reviews from beauty lovers. Several brands are on sale for 30% off, others will be 15-20% off
- I know that brands like Peter Thomas Roth, Perricone MD, Dr. Dennis Gross, T3, GlamGlow, DevaCurl, Jurlique, Alchemie Forever, Dermologica, and Elemis will be 30% off
- Murad will be 20% off and Paula's Choice will be 15% off. But there's many more brands part of this promo and available at Dermstore
- I’m obsessed with Perricone MD’s No Makeup Makeup line. The No Eyeshadow Eyeshadow is a daily must on its own or as a shadow primer.
- Paula’s Choice is one of the best no-nonsense beauty lines out there (she’s the woman who used to write Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me). I’ve tried the line and have not been disappointed.
- Their BeautyFIX monthly subscription box is one of the best I’ve tried and would make for a great gift.
- I know that Harry Josh tools will be on sale. I recently got the brand's ultra light hair dryer and it's phenomenal – very lightweight, three heat settings, long cord, well made.
Dress Barn: Buy One Get One 50% off, Entire Store, Promo Code FRIDAY50
Dress Barn is a sleeper hit for fashion. The holidays is a great time for this brand, they have some adorable festive pieces at really nice prices. I appreciate that almost all their looks are available in regular and plus sizes. Quick glance and I am liking:
- This Buffalo plaid belted coat
- This flutter sleeve (AKA flattering) sequined top
- A must-have sweater for any French Bulldog owner or fan
- This black flattering dress with sleeves… and speaking of sleeves that gold embroidery detail is so chic!
- An uber flattering jumpsuit you can wear all year
eBags: 30% off and More
eBags is great for luggage, but also for travel essentials, small electronics, and more. They're also having some awesome doorbuster sales today like Bose Quiet Comfort headphones 40% off and North Face puffer coats for $149.
ELOQUII: 50% off Everything with Promo Code FRENZY
I’ve featured a few pieces from ELOQUII recently. For quick reference:
- Faux wrap denim jumpsuit (I style with my Rothy’s flats and statement earrings)
- Kimono sleeve silky wrap top (perfect for the holidays)
- Flounce sleeve top (great for work or going out and it’s machine washable)
- Blue sequined dress (total bombshell moment)
- Dark floral maxi dress
- Black sequined swing dress (it’s not on the blog… yet but if you’re looking for sparkly fun that doesn’t require spanx this dress is it)
eShakti: 40% off
The email I got from eShakti said 40% off everything, but when I went to their site only this page had 40% off items. It may change on actual Black Friday (I'm writing this ahead of time). It's worth it to check it out, eShakti is great for custom fitting clothing (I recommend getting your measurements and going that route versus buying standard sizes – it's worth it for a great fit). Right now they're also offering more customization – you can switch up differnet fabrics with silhouettes. For those who haven't tried eShakti, they have sizes 0-36W, can make custom fit clothing, and modifications to existing styles (shorten or lengthen the hem, change the neckline, add sleeves or pockets). I plan to feature them again in the near future and know many of you readers are big fans!
Gap: 50% off Everything, Promo Code BLKFRIDAY
On top of 50% off everything, there's free shipping on any orders of $50 or more. I recently wrote about what to buy at Gap, I bought the Crazy Stripe sweaters for the family and they're even cuter in person (heads up the women's sweater is a shorter style and will hit near your waistband, not your mid-hip). I'll be using this to stock up on jeans for the whole family and clothes for my eight-year-old weed who seems to be an inch taller every month!
J. Crew: 40% Off Everything and Free Shipping with Promo Code THANKU (now through 11/26)
- I’m loving the ruffle cuff detail of this otherwise classic Fair Isle sweater – two colors to choose from
- I’m all about the lady tux this season, and dang if this plaid tux isn’t amazing. Wear the jacket alone with a black turtleneck and black skinny pants, the pants with a blouse, sweater, or even denim jacket, and the combo together with a simple black cami to be the belle of the holiday ball. Even better, it comes in petites and talls as well as regular sizes!
- I love a sweater dress – so flattering and so cozy on a cold winter day. This one isn’t too body hugging but won’t make you look like a pillow, comes in two colors and is polished enough for the office but chill enough for leggings on the weekend.
- Wrap sweaters are so great for layering and are a chic alternative to a classic cardigan. This would look pretty over a dress or with your weekend jeans
- Looking for that top that is festive but not so festive you feel foolish wearing it after the New Year? I’ve got you covered.
- This drapey wrap top comes in green as well as other chic colors and would look smashing with winter white trousers, black ankle pants, or your favorite pair of jeans.
- Velvet is a hot trend this season; a simple velvet tee in red will holiday up any wardrobe staples, but can be worn through the New Year with dark jeans and a leopard print belt or flats.
- The comfort of a t-shirt, the festive effect of metallic sequins. This is a tee that can be worn with velvet pants for the holidays and your favorite denim into summer.
- J. Crew is great for finding tees and knit tops with polish. The kind that make an outfit, upgrade a cardigan, work with a blazer. My picks:
- This embroidered rose tee would look chic with denim, black pants or skirt, under a blazer, even paired with a big full midi or maxi skirt for the holidays.
- Positive color, positive message, and a flattering neckline.
- My favorite striped shirt. Seriously, I have two of this same exact one and am buying a backup one for this sale. For reference, I wean an XL.
- The velvet tie and keyhole neck of this top is so very pretty, you’ll want to wear this all the time!
- Oooh this tee is tres chic tres chic tres chic!
- I featured this tee in a capsule wardrobe and you all freaked out it sold out. Well it’s back!
J. Crew Factory – 50% off Everything, No Code Needed
J. Crew Factory will also have several specific sales on giftable items like slippers and pajama pants. Visit the site to see the exact promotions.
- Their classic crewneck sweater is a great piece at a great price and likely a color for every person’s taste.
- Their tissue turtlenecks are a pretty perfect layering piece and come in a great variety of colors.
- No one is surprised I also have this striped Artist’s Tee; I love the fit of it and the neckline is great under a cardigan or jacket.
- The ‘90s are back and in some ways that’s a good thing. I don’t plan on wearing a crushed velvet bodysuit with oversized Calvin Klein jeans again, but this black scoop bodysuit would be perfect with a full skirt or under an oversized blazer.
- This pencil skirt is a classic for a reason. Great quality, clean lines, amazing colors, and it also comes in petite. When you see a pencil skirt in one of my capsule wardrobes you can bet it’s from J. Crew or J. Crew Factory.
- An elegant wool coat for pants or skirts, jeans or suiting, cords or cocktails. I’m partial to the green color and note this goes up to a size 20.
Jenny Bird Jewelry: 30% off Everything Including Sale, Promo Code BFEVENT
My absolute favorite earrings are from Jenny Bird: I have the Edie Medium and the Edie Large. I also have a pendant from Jenny Bird and am consdiering getting more from this talented artist during this sale.
Lands' End: 50% off Everything plus Free Shipping Over $50, Promo Code BLACK Pin 8933
You KNOW I will be taking advantage of this sale at Lands' End! I'm a big fan of their Drifter Sweaters and I have three of their coats so clearly I am a fan of their outerwear. Their kids' clothes are really great, high quality and fun too.
Levis: 40% off Everything, Promo Code INDIGO40 (through 11/27)
Levi's is a classic, and buying directly from Levi's means more selection. I wanted their Original Trucker Jacket but couldn't find it in larger sizes at department stores and online boutiques but found it at Levi's. I also have this denim shirt which is way cooler than any I've found elsewhere. I get Karl's jeans from Levi's too. They're also having free shipping and free returns.
LOFT: 50% off Everything, Promo Code THANKS
LOFT is hit or miss for me, but I seem to have more success with the brand in the winter months. Some of the items I am admiring:
- I love the lace sleeves on this shift dress
- This is the kind of skirt that works great with a big chunky sweater, thick tights, and boots.
- A pair of velvet tuxedo pants will glam up any sweater, shirt, or blouse in your closet.
- I think I need this amazing embroidered sweater in my life.
Macy's: Additional 20% off with code SCORE (through 11/25)
Macy's is good for shopping for the whole family. Beyond clothing, they have amazing deals on home, kids, and more. This code also provides free shipping of any order over $49 (excluding mattresses). Be sure to stop by their home page before searching because they're having some phenomenal door buster sales throughout the weekend.
Madewell: 25% off Everything, Promo Code DONTSTRESS (through 11/26)
- Madewell’s totes have become iconic. Well made, good size, no logos or frills so it’s a bag you can use and love for many stylish years.
- How utterly fabulous are these glittery Tretorn sneakers? The slim profile would look great with jeans, ankle pants, and midi skirts.
- A sweater dress AND it has stripes? You know I’m loving this!
MoMA Design Store: $20 off $100+, $40 off $200+ and Free Shipping, Promo Code HOLIDAYS
MoMA is one of my go-tos for holiday gifts every year. Fun, intelligent, unique, and often full of color. Each year we hang this calendar in our upstairs hallway; it's fun to punchout the dates and see the rainbow appear. I have this cutting board, a gift to myself last Christmas and it always makes me so happy.
Naturalizer: 40% off and Free Shipping with Promo Code BLKFRIDAY
I was just chatting on Twitter with reader Hilary how Naturalizer makes some of the best wide width boots in regard to fit, quality, and style. But they also have amazing shoes, booties, and bags. This is not a sale to miss up (and FYI Canadians, this code also works for you)!
Nordstrom: Extra 20% off Select Sale Items, No Code Needed (through 11/28) and Personal 10 Points Day for Rewards cardholders (11/24 only)
Nordstrom is great for clothes for you, but their gift selection is quite surprising and varied. For most anyone, and all ages, Nordstrom has curated a great gift selection and many are on sale. They also are having up to 50% off many beauty tools, which make for great gifts or New Year’s resolution items! And the 10 Points Day is a do not miss!
Nordstrom Rack: 30% off Clearance
Score an additional 30% off clearance for a total savings of 75% off. No promo code is required.
Premme: 40% off and Free Shipping, Promo Code FOODCOMA
The plus size fashion brand by Nicolette Mason and Gabi Gregg is on sale only through midnight today. Shop fast, their pieces sell out quickly and have a cult following!
Soma: Buy One Get One 50% off – Entire Store
This promo excludes national brands, but otherwise go bonkers with bras, underwear, pajamas and more. And with every sleepwear purchase you receive a free pair of slippers! While supplies last, get a free tote with every $85 purchase, code is 74363.
Talbots: 50% off One Item Until Noon, 40% off Everything Until Midnight
Now's the time to snag that lady tux I wore earlier on the blog! Talbots has so much good fashion this season!! Check out their RSVP collection, there's such pretty pieces for the holidays and beyond. Spoiler alert, I have this coat, I'll have it on the blog soon, and thik it's pretty fantastic. I also love the fit and quality of their jeans; if you haven't tried their denim you should now. They also have a good gift section – some amazing pins and scarves this season and cashmere is almost always a welcome gift!
Torrid: 40% off Everything and an Extra 50% off Clearance
Also free shipping to the US, 50% off international shipping, and $20 flat rate shipping to Canada. Torrid isn’t a brand I usually shop from but I know many of you love them for their jeans and swear by their bras. They’re also a great resource for wide calf boots.
Wide Widths: 30% off Everything, Promo Code BFR17 (Valid through 11/26)
If you're looking for wide width boots, you MUST check out Wide Widths. They have the best selection, the highest quality, and by far the best customer service. Don't be afraid to give them a call, they are so kind and knowledgeable they'll help you find the perfect boots for your unique body. They're the store I check out first when looking for boots.
Zappos: Special Pricing on Hot Cold-Weather Brands
At the time of writing this, I only know that SOREL, Hunter, and Frye will be on special pricing but do not know the other brands in their promotion or the discounts. Visit Zappos to see the specifics. Zappos always has free shipping and returns and sells much more than just shoes. I often buy many gifts from Zappos at holiday time because of their extensive selection!
Dagne Dover Promo Code
Dagne Dover has offered Wardrobe Oxygen readers 25% off their Signature Collection. Use promo code Alison-25 at checkout!