Important for travel:
1. Comfort. I will be on a plane for a very long time. I want things that stretch, don't itch, bind or look bad when I rise from sitting for 50,000 hours.
2. Appearance. I think those who wear lacrosse shorts and their husband's tee to the airport are terrible. As you see, confort is number one with me, but it is possible to look tasteful and elegant while being comfortable.
3. Shoes that are easy to remove for the metal detectors.
4. Ditto for jewelery
5. Hair and makeup styled so that they don't look nasty after falling asleep sitting up, sweating and freezing and getting dehydrated.
6. Versatility. One may have to go straight from the airport to a business dinner. today I have to go from work straight to the airport. Sometimes it's freezing on a plane, sometimes hot. Often going from my climate to one that is colder or hotter.
So what I am wearing:
Candy pink fine gauge cotton scoop neck sweater. Holds it shape through the day, got it at Nordstrom a year ago. Adore it.
With it I am wearing the weird black pants from the Gap that collect a lot of lint, but I washed them alone with fabric softner and doused them with Static Guard and now they are fabu. Super stretchy, but a heavy stretch that keeps it shape and does not crease. Nice bootcut leg and flat front – very flattering.
Black heeled slides – very simple, easy to remove, professional yet fun.
Silver hoops and cuff.
Hair straightened, makeup is tinted moisturizer, powder, nude shadow, mascara and black liquid liner with a pink gloss.
I will only be in CA for about 24 hours, so I am takjng my small pullman and a black laptop toe as my purse and computer bag.
I am leaving in 2 hours so I better get off of here and get back to work!