This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today the Chico's Semi-Annual Sale starts! This is Chico's biggest sale and it only happens twice a year. I think it's clear from my Instagram and my recent outfit posts I am loving Chico's lately. In fact, as I type this I am in this no-wrinkle tunic from Chico's. I have a LOT of Chico's in my suitcase for this road trip!
The Chico's Semi-Annual Sale is through July 24th, but I can say from past experience shop early because items sell out and when they're gone, they're gone for good. Items are up to 50% off with many looks starting at just $19. I am clearly writing this in the past, so I have no idea what exactly is part of the sale, so below I'll share my personal favorites that I own, hoping they'll be part!
- When I saw this “vaccinated” bracelet, I just HAD to have it! Especially now where most places just ask you to wear a mask if you aren't vaccinated and folks aren't always wearing masks outside, it's nice to wear it to let others know I did get my two shots of Pfizer. I have the black and white version and have worn it this whole road trip (even in the shower one time), but Chico's also has a blue one and a tan one. It is a magnetic closure so it's easy to get on and off yet is secure all day.
- I shared a couple of times on IG Stories that I got this tangerine pleated maxi skirt and love it. It's a gorgeous creamsicle color that looks beautiful with chambray and denim, a graphic tee, white and other neutrals… but also bold colors. I have now worn it twice with this tank from Chico's in Haute Pink which is a bright IRL as it is online. I knot the tank at the waist, add some gold hoops and it's breezy and cheerful and comfy! I find both pieces run a hair big; if you know your Chico's size go with that, if you're hovering between two sizes I recommend going down.
- This is the perfect travel bag. And I own this belt bag and think it is so fun!
- This tunic is even more gorgeous in person. While I usually go for the jewel tones, I got this one in Bright Ochre and it's so luxe. I read it takes 20 hours to embroider one of these! I am 5'3″ so this is long on me; I am using it as a swim coverup (my denim shorts just peek out from below). If I were taller or it came in petites, I'd rock it with white jeans, white wide-leg linen pants, distressed vintage jeans, and white Bermuda shorts. This isn't a sloppy fit; some say the sleeves and shoulders run small but I would say it's tailored. My big arms and shoulders and comfortable, but it is trim which elevates the whole look. And linen stretches.
- I allllmost took this sleeveless jumpsuit on my vacation, but didn't because I made a small enough capsule to fit into one piece of luggage. But this is adorable. It's a nice fabric, great drape, room for my bust, and the cropped length is a summery ankle length on me. I got the navy; I wore it with gold sandals and gold hoops to a restaurant and my white Birkenstocks to run errands.
- I have these pants in olive and wear them often. They are lightweight, dry quickly, have UPF50, are stretchy, and look cute. I wore them with a black tank, gold sandals, and gold jewelry one evening. I also have worn them with my denim ruana and a striped tank. They would be great for travel and match other pieces in Chico's Neema fabric.
- Speaking of my denim ruana… it's back in stock!!!
- Okay, let's go back to the Neema fabric. I really dig this fabric for summer. I brought these shorts with me on my road trip; they're the kind that dry super fast, they have deep pockets and won't slide down even if your pockets are full of stuff, and they don't ride up my thighs when I walk. I also got this jacket and it's an awesome summer to early fall topper. Zipper pockets, a functional hood, UPF protection, and lightweight enough to tie around your waist and not look like you're wearing a floation device… this also came on my trip. And finally, this skort is so good. I wore it on my last summer vacation and it came on this one as well. Looks nice enough to wear shopping or to lunch, but function enough for sports and activities. And the shorts do NOT ride up on me!
- One month I ordered this top and these pants thinking I'd style them for my monthly outfit as a Chico's Ambassador. It was soooo good… except I am petite and it doesn't come in petite. If you are at least 5'5″ I think this is a great look to wear to work, on vacation, and worn as separates. I got both pieces in navy and found they matched. The top is a boxy fit; if you want something more tailored I recommend sizing down.
- While I may have sent back the navy outfit I just mentioned, I kept this scarf which I ordered to wear with it. It is a big silk square; I can wear it as a belt. I tie it over my hair, wear it as a headband, I loop it around my neck, it's a great print and great size and a classic piece. I also brought this on my trip.
- You saw this dress when I wore it in this outfit post. It's a gorgeous dress; I have washed and dried it twice and it still looks like new. If pink isn't your thing, this is the same dress in black.
- I love this tank; I own at least four and brought one on my trip. If you want it to fit slightly loose (like as a shell under a jacket or cardigan or untucked with shorts or pants) go with your usual size. If you want it fitted, go down a half size. It doesn't shrink in the wash.
- I also love this ruana. I wear it as a swim coverup, I wear it with a black tank and denim shorts, I wear it with a white tank and jeans. It looks expensive and unique. I'm glad it's back in stock.
- I mentioned that I am wearing this linen tunic. It's awesome. It's a great swim coverup, it's chic untucked with chino or denim shorts, tucked into white jeans, tied over high-waisted denim, and much more. Here is the link to the same shirt in white. And if you would prefer a standard fit, this is the same shirt in a non-tunic length.
- I got this cardigan in ecru, which is something I would normally never wear. But I wear it all the time! I almost brought it on my trip and wish I did considering how chilly it is this evening I am writing this! It's the perfect summer cardigan. It's enough of a contrast that you can wear it over white, and it looks at home with linen and denim.
- I got these jeggings which are not skin tight, and they're awesome except yet again, I need petite and they don't come in petite. But if you're 5'5″ or taller, I highly recommend them!
- This sweater is a sleeper hit. I have it in rose (seen here) but now want it also in black!
- As for jewelry, which Chico's does incredibly well: I brought this necklace, and this necklace on my trip. You saw this necklace in this post but I wear it very often (like it with the ecru cardigan I mentioned above, a white tank, and jeans). I wear these rings often; with my fingers I can only wear two together max, but even one alone makes a luxe-looking statement.
Shop Chico's Jewelry and Accessories I Own and Love:
Shop Chico's Fashion I Own and Recommend:
What's On My Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Wish List
If you follow me on Instagram Stories, you may have seen me venting yesterday about my incredibly slow hotspot that I was trying to use to finish today's blog post. My family is on a road trip and we were driving from NYC to Massachuttes. My hope was to use the drive to finish a post sharing my picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I scanned over 75 pages of the sale and began creating collages based on category, and the categories I felt were the best deals/must-sees of the sale.
Yeah, that didn't happen. In fact, my computer crashed somewhere in Connecticut and all my options were gone (except the coolest shoes in the sale, I did get that done) so I will have to start over. But that's okay because I totally nerd out about these sale round-ups and look forward to it. I'll have it up before the 16th.
Until then, here are the items that I currently have on my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale wish list. While the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale hasn't yet opened up for me (all the details on the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale are here), it makes sense to fill up my Wish List so it's ready when the sale opens to me on the 16th. Below what caught my eye and my reasoning behind it:
Shop the Collage:
I was going to do my normal Row One, Row Two, and then have a carousel of the items below. But I wanted to explain the why behind my choosing these items for my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Wish List so you get a different format:
First column: After this road trip, I could go for some supportive yet neutral sandals like these from Born | I've been considering the “Joanna” hat from Brixton all summer; the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has two colors at a special price | my mom always had a jewelry box like this; it's not cheap but it's beautiful and well-designed and may last as long as my mom's | I love Bombas socks; considering this six-pack for the bike and this three-pack to wear with sneakers out and about. I own and love both styles and find this a good deal. | I love the colors of this dress. I envision with a brown obi belt and boots, black boots, nude-to-me pumps, and how it could work for a blogger event, a wedding, a business meeting, a date night…
Second Column: This cardigan is just weird enough for me to like it, and just relaxed enough that I'll wear it with everything | this cardigan is very proper but not; I'd love to wear it with one of my band tees and some chunky boots. The same cardigan in plus sizes is not part of the NSale but still on sale (don't get the separation but hey, enjoy it!). | The Halogen cashmere sweaters have disappointed me; this one is from Nordstrom so I am hoping it's better quality. I am sizing up for a relaxed fit. | This vest is weird but cool; I used to wear a puffer vest a lot but it stopped really fitting my personal style. This could be a cool alternative.
Third Column: This past year at home, I have loved cardigans of this length and looseness. I think this color combo is cozy and would look pretty with gold jewelry. | My beloved cream cableknit sweater has seen better days; I like this as a modern alternative (dig the zipper). | How could I resist? | My Bernardo coat like this is several years old (here I'm wearing it in 2015). It has been washed so often some of the down is poking out and the pockets have gotten sticky and crinkly. This one from North Face is a similar concept but has a proper hood, which I missed from my current coat.
supposed to be on vacation says
all this testing is getting me testy
I bought a sleeveless long puffer vest last year and was really surprised how often I reached for it. It is the perfect layer over a sweater for a fall day and great for warmer winter days over sweats when you are just popping out and don’t need a heavy coat. I think you’d find it useful. I use it way more than a short vest.
of course my blog acts up when I am on vacation! says
Testing testing 123!
Rebecca Connelly says
So fanny packs are now belt bags? I’ll have to see if I still have any from the late 80’s-earl;y 90’s. But I think I threw all mine out.
Chico’s has been a good fit for my post-COVID body–I was consistently a size 1 there before, but I have gone up to a 2 in a couple things like the beautiful shirtdress, and it’s worked. Still seem to be a 1 on top, but mostly I just have to look at the garment and see how fitted it is. I appreciate your tip awhile back that Black Label is more traditional sizing.
My Nordstrom wish list is quite different from yours, but from the just weird enough to be me department, I picked this cape. I love fuschia/purple and animal print, and the drape just might be great for my tummy. We shall see! https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ted-baker-london-emmonda-euphoria-print-silk-cape/5934277?origin=wishlist-personal
Susan L says
Love the suggestions and links. Thanks! Enjoy vacation~