This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Colleen Rothschild Beauty is celebrating 8 years with a big sale – 25% off the entire store! Through January 24th, use the promo code 8YEARS at checkout and get 25% off your purchase. I have used Colleen Rothschild skincare since 2016 so clearly, I am a fan and clearly, I find it effective and worth its price. I've used almost every single product Colleen Rothschild offers and these are the ones that I like and find right for my skin (over 40, prone to being dry, sometimes sensitive, can react to ingredients with inflammation and breakouts):
- Colleen Rothschild Radiant Cleansing Balm: I have used this facial cleanser almost exclusively since 2016. I have tried other products, and always come back to this effective solid oil-based cleanser. I have even tried several other solid and liquid oil based cleansers and in my opinion they don't compare. It feels like a more solid coconut oil but smells like a fancy spa. You rub a little bit onto dry skin and it dissolves dirt, oil, makeup, even waterproof mascara. Then wipe off with a damp cloth (each jar comes with a lovely face muslin). It will leave your face clean, but not tight or dry. Since switching to Colleen Rothschild Radiant Cleansing Balm from previous face washes for sensitive and dry skin, my skin has completely changed. I no longer deal with an oily T-zone, I don't get so dry in winter that my skin cracks under my nose, I am no longer flaky, and I seem less sensitive to other ingredients. I gotta say I am obsessed.
- Colleen Rothschild Extreme Recovery Cream: I ran out of this cream and decided to use up the other night creams and rich moisturizers in my arsenal. Some of them are more expensive, and some of them are very nice. But none of them compare to Colleen Rothschild's Extreme Recovery Cream. What's unique about this is that it's rich and hydrating but not at all greasy. In the winter, I will wear it as day moisturizer and it plays nice with makeup. At night, I tap a facial oil over it to add extra hydration and seal everything in. In the summer it's my night cream. It's pretty perfect and I can't wait to finish up the just okay fine cream currently in my medicine cabinet so I can crack open a new jar of Extreme Recovery Cream.
- Colleen Rothschild Retinol Supreme Night Oil: If you are one who has no patience or desire for a several-step skincare routine but want something easy to help improve tone and texture and slow down fine lines without being irritating… you need this. Wash your face, apply this, and if you have normal to dry skin, slap a moisturizer over it. And there is your nighttime skincare routine, and you will see results without dealing with redness or sensitivity. I am one who likes to play with skincare, but when my skin is grumpy, and when I am on travel, I use Retinol Supreme Night Oil because my skin always welcomes it.
- Colleen Rothschild Glycolic Acid Peel Pads with Blue Agave: I am submitting this on behalf of my husband who is obsessed with this product and he doesn't “do” skincare. But he keeps a jar of these pads on his nightstand and wipes his face with one before bed and said his face looks less craggy. I've tried it too and find it does make my skin look brighter without drying or irritating. This is a great choice if you are interested in glycolic acid but want something easy and effective.
- Colleen Rothschild Micro Mineral Resurfacing Scrub: I keep this in the shower. Once a week I use it and it makes my skin glow without being sensitive. You don't need to press hard, just move it over your skin and it will gently exfoliate without scratching, and it rinses easily. My husband who doesn't “do” skincare has been known to also use and like this scrub.
- Colleen Rothschild Discovery Collection: If you are curious about Colleen Rothschild Beauty, this is a great way to try some of the line's bestsellers. If you love Colleen Rothschild, this is a way to get TSA-friendly sizes of your favorites in a chic travel bag AND all but one of the containers are refillable! I have this set myself and it's always at the ready in my toilitries bag and I love how I can refill them easily from my everyday containers.
- Metal Tube Roller Key: This may seem random, but I think every household needs more than one of these. Use it with any product in a tube to get the ultimate amount of product out before disposing. I use it with the Micro Mineral Resurfacing Scrub, but also other products like toothpaste. I've even taken it down to the kitchen to get the last bit out of a tube of pesto or sundried tomato paste!
And in case you were curious, Colleen Rothschild is a real person, and a lovely one at that! I had the pleasure of meeting her back in 2017 at a rewardStyle blog conference. I was already a fan of the line of skincare, but after meeting Collen, I became even greater a fan. Colleen is passionate about skincare and has over 20 years of experience in the industry and the line of products shows it!
Equilibria, the organic woman-owned CBD company I love is having 50% off subscriptions through the end of the month. Subscriptions make sense with Equilibria because it means you get the items 20% off retail each month with automatic free delivery. The packaging is set for a month, so you will always have your supply of products for fighting inflammation, helping with mood, sleep, aches, or relaxation. It's also super easy with Equilibria to pause, change, or cancel your subscriptions. Use WARDROBEOXYGEN50 at checkout to get 50% off new subscriptions.
For those who don't want to subscribe but do want to shop Equilibria, through this month my regular promo code of WARDROBEOXYGEN will give you 30% off (usually 15%). My personal favorites are the Softgels (I take two before bed and it helps prevent me from waking up at 3am), the Daily Drops (take orally or use on the skin to fight inflammation and to help fall asleep) and the Relief Balm (I use this on sore knees, cramps, feet after wearing heels, even to soften my cuticles overnight). This bundle has all three for 20% cheaper and you can subscribe to save even more!
Oh, and on top of these three deals with Equilibria, there is also a Warehouse Sale where holiday-branded items are 40% off! This is SUCH a good deal, shop soon because they're selling out quick!
What I Bought and What I Thought
I shared in a prior Friday Shop that I was going to order these boots from Torrid. As someone with thicker ankles and very wide calves, it is near impossible for me to find tall boots, especially tall winter boots. After getting caught in a snowstorm earlier in the month, I made it a mission to find a pair of tall wide calf winter boots and I chose these. Based on reviews I went with a half size larger than I usually wear. The boots arrived in less than a week.
I shouldn't have sized up; they are super roomy even with thick socks. Since there is no arch support, I am going to take advantage of the room by adding a pair of these inserts which I have in my short winter boots. But these are wide enough for my 19″ calves and solid ankles!
They aren't primo quality, but you shouldn't expect such for less than $65. But they aren't ugly, they have a nice rubber base and water-resistant quilted shaft, they fit over a pair of jeans or Polartec leggings, are easy to get on and off, and will give me the wind, cold, and snow protection I need for the occasional winter weather situation. I may replace the laces with some that aren't so slippery (think flat would be better than round and still look nice). Not perfect, but when you have wide calves, pretty okay is good in my book!