This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of the best things about going to BlogHer this summer was meeting with Amazon. I have learned so much about the company and how great of a place it is for fashion. I’ve learned since then if there’s something specific I know I want to search for it at Amazon as I can usually find it cheaper, more colors available, and usually with free Prime shipping and returns. I also now get emails notifying me of promotions they are hosting and this promotion is a good one – 20% of select accessories with a focus on bags, luggage, umbrellas, and sunglasses though November 19, 2015. Use the code SAVE20BAGS at checkout for the items available at this link. Not every item on Amazon is included in this promo, but the selection available is pretty phenomenal. If you don’t want to scroll through the hundreds of pages, here’s my picks for the best items for you and for gifts that are part of the 20% off promo:
- We all always need another umbrella – one for the car, one for the office, one available when you get caught in an unexpected shower. An umbrella is a great gift, especially if it has style or a message. I adore the City Scenes umbrellas from Totes; they’re adorable and represent some great cities in the US. Get one for your friend who lives in that city, is from that city, or finds it to be her favorite vacation spot.
- Get the highly coveted green mirror Ray-Ban aviators for less. This is the classic 58mm size that is part of the promotion, and Amazon already has them almost half the price of department stores. Mega score!
- I have a fringe crossbody and it’s a favorite, adding interest to a simple look and not being too fancy for a concert, outdoor festival, or casual weekend. The Finn Crossbody from Rebecca Minkoff is simple in style to let the fringe take the spotlight, but also not look obvious from a brand or dated after one year. 12 colors available and again the Amazon price before the promo is cheaper than most department stores or even what I’ve seen on Poshmark!
- Desire a well-made leather bag free of frills, logos, bling, yet doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? The Fossil Sydney Shopper is for you. Five colors available, quality leather but the type that can handle being stuffed and used a lot. Stands on its own, smart inner pockets, zipper closure, sturdy straps and a style that is chic now and for many years. Great for work (will fit a laptop), as a carry-on, or your everyday purse. 81% of the reviews on Amazon are 5 stars, you can’t go wrong with this bag!
- I love HOBO for wallets; great quality and smartly designed. I’m on my second HOBO wallet but the previous one I had for almost a decade. The ‘Vera’ wallet is a very similar style to the one I have but with an additional zipper compartment that can transform this wallet into a clutch. Eight colors available.
- These are the aviators I wear every day in the same color combination. This is a great price for Ray-Bans, and with the 20% off the price is even nicer. Please note these are oversized; some may find them too big, some may also find these are a perfect gift for the man in your life (Karl is always stealing mine!).
- Many of you over the years have mentioned that you swear by the LeSportsac Everygirl Tote for the gym, for travel, for work. Durable, lightweight, and able to smash into your suitcase or under a seat for your flight. Come sin 21 different color options and a really reasonable price for a well-rated bag.
- I’m picky about umbrellas, and this one from Totes I own and is a fave. It’s compact but opens up full size. It can handle a windy day without turning inside out, and can open with one hand. 17 colors and prints to choose from and a price lower than what I paid when I bought it last year!
- The Sherpani Wisdom Fitness Tote is brilliantly designed while still looking great. Available in four colors, this bag has a ton of smart pockets to hold everything from a tablet to your water bottle. The straps will fit over your shoulder even while wearing your coat, and it can keep you organized and able to function even if one hand is holding onto a subway pole, a child on your hip, or a hot cup of coffee. While made for fitness, this would also make for a great baby bag or work tote. And by the way, the price before discount is cheaper than what I saw on other sites!
- I’m not a super athletic gal, but even I realize that my Ray-Bans aren’t the best when riding my bike, kayaking, or doing other physical activities. These wrap sunglasses from Tifoli are great for us occasional weekend warriors as the price is reasonable and so is the quality. They got from about $35 to over $100 depending on the version you get, but they’re lightweight, comfortable, have transitional lenses and are fog resistant. Oh, and they get good reviews from others who have purchased them.
- I know the bucket bag is a hot trend now, but it has been a classic shape for a long while and won’t look dated in a year. I love the clean lines and elegance of this version from Fossil. Available in three colors that aren’t typical but extremely versatile and chic, it looks far more expensive than it’s price (less than $150 before the promo) and has plenty of pockets for storage.
- If you’re looking for the perfect bag to go with all your holiday events, this chainmail clutch from LaRegale is perfect. Five colors available including silver and gold, this will add the perfect bit of sparkly and will look great with a silk top and jeans as much as a floor-length gown. Oh, and every color is under $50 and some are even under $30 and that’s before the promotional code!
- Most diaper bags look goofy, not the ‘Knocked Up’ by Rebecca Minkoff. Sophisticated, stylish, AND practical! This bag continues to get rave reviews from moms, and they also share it becomes a great work or travel tote once baby grows up.
- My friend has this large leather tote from Piel and every time I see it, I swoon. She uses it as her weekender bag and it’s so well made, so chic, so understated in its elegance and it has only gotten better with time and wear. Four colors available and a price so low I may finally pull the trigger and get one for myself!
- Oh this Minaudiere evening bag from Halston Heritage is so lovely. It’s classic but with an edge, will look amazing with your LBD this holiday season and throughout the year, and will be a piece, if well cared for, that will look stylish for years even decades to come. It has a strap so you can wear it over your shoulder or in your hand.
- Looking for a cute gift for a teen or college student on your gift list? How about this ‘brunch fund’ leather pouch from Rebecca Minkoff? With the promo code, this is a really reasonable price for a gift that will be well received!
- Another lovely wallet is this one from Fossil. Elegant, streamlined, but a place for everything. Four classic colors, but an unexpected contrast color interior that keeps it from looking too boring (or getting lost in the bottom of your bag).
- The Samsonite 24” Fiero gets rave reviews for being a durable and reliable suitcase. Bigger than a carryon bag, but not so big it overwhelms you, this is a great choice for longer trips and overseas travel. Four colors available and a really reasonable price even before the promotion.
- I like having a non-dressy statement clutch in my wardrobe. I have a patchwork one with a cat design on it, and a leopard woven fabric pouch and they both get a ton of use. It’s an easy way to dress up a work look for after-hours events, looks chic with a sundress, and if it’s funky enough it goes with everything. The Deculus clutch from Aldo fits the bill, is big enough to hold the largest smarphone plus all your other essentials, and the price is very nice.
- From my years of business travel I know the value of having a bag that can stand out in a crowd, is lightweight, flexible, and easy to maneuver when racing to your gate. This upright from Liliput Paris is all of that and more and receives rave reviews. 12 colors to choose from (and reviews that says it seems to repel dirt), no one should be surprised that I’m a fan of it in orange!
- A retro cat eye with a modern touch, the ‘Ursula’ sunglasses from Kate Spade are chic and fun. Eight colors available that range from classic black and tortoise to gold glitter. On sale for under $100 before the sale code.
- If you’re one who enjoys a smaller wallet, the ‘Darla’ from Kate Spade in Saffiano leather is lovely. While it’s available in black, I’m partial to pink which is fun but also easier to find in the depths of your purse. This would also be a great gift for anyone from 13-103 who likes the brand or wants a smartly designed compact wallet.
- If I didn’t own my Mini MAC, I’d totally buy the Rebecca Minkoff ‘Love’ crossbody. It’s feminine yet tough, can dress up for a night out, look appropriate at the office, or can be smart looking with jeans and knit tops. My Rebecca Minkoff is still holding strong after years of hard wear, this one is under $200 before the promo and a fab deal.
If you get any goodies at this sale, be sure to let me know in the comments. Any scores I missed?
Leave a Reply