The Nordstrom Winter Sale is taking place through February 25. I'm always cautious with sales like these – you don't want to buy items you won't need or wear next fall and winter. It's easy to be dazzled by the good deals. I searched through the sale and below are my picks of good buys from the Nordstrom Winter Sale:
- I recommended these loafers from Sam Edelman in several capsule wardrobes this season. Many of you let me know you bought them and love them. Four colors are still available and the shoe is now 30% off.
- It's great to have a pair of sparkly slim heels in your closet for last-minute festive events. These from Jewel Bailey Mishka are the perfect shoe for sheaths, full-skirted frocks, and ankle jeans alike. Four fun colors and an amazing low price.
- I love an almond-toe oxford. It's a comfy yet chic option for work, but also looks great on weekends with ankle or boyfriend jeans and even with retro-inspired dresses. This pair from Louise et Cie gets great reviews and comes in three color/texture options.
- Speaking of comfy yet chic, these super glamorous loafers are a great choice for formal occasions when you want to be comfortable. They'd also be stunning with simple black ankle pants and a turtleneck sweater.
- These pointed toe Chelsea boots from Marc Fisher are super chic, have great details, and are on sale 40% off.
- I adore these booties, I ordered them and they're super cute in person but unfortunately my feet are too wide for them. So get them and let me live vicariously through you. Seven amazing colors to choose from and 40% off.
- The perfect suede ankle bootie for the weekend, available in three colors. All that AND they're waterproof and 20% off!
- I've recommended these Cole Haan flats many times and I am thrilled to see them on sale for 40% off!
- I have a pair of leopard calf hair block heel pumps and they're some of my favorite shoes in my closet. These from Vince Camuto are a similar shoe and at a super nice 40% off price.
- A great price on a classic shoe from Steve Madden – ankle strap, block heel, thin toe strap and so many fantastic colors and prints to choose from!
- Okay these embroidered suede tall boots from Kate Spade aren't practical but gosh are they gorgeous!
- In the Wardrobe Oxygen Community on Facebook someone mentioned a pair of Mary Janes they love and it made me think of these from Summit. Well made, a nice block heel that is comfortable, and three colors that will work with dresses, pants, work and weekend.
- This is a great black dressy shoe from MICHAEL Michael Kors – a reasonable heel height, a classic style, and great reviews. Doesn't hurt that they're 40% off!
- This heeled leather knee-high boot from Linea Paolo is similar to the pair I own and wear all. the. time. Seriously, they need to go to the cobbler but I hate to part with them! These are a great price at 40% off.
- I have a couple coats and jackets from Bernardo and find the quality stellar; they also do a great job of styling to flatter a woman's body. This plus size leather Moto jacket is chic, sleek, and right now a fantastic price. Both color options are awesome.
- Same jacket in straight and petite sizes.
- This packable hooded raincoat from Cole Haan is practical and stylish. Six colors to choose from, regular and petite options, and great reviews make this a good buy. 35% off makes it a great buy!
- Teddy coats aren't going anywhere (these are the fuzzy furry coats that look a bit like a teddy bear). This one from J. Crew has the trendy texture in a classic silhouette that will transcend this trend. I don't know which color I like more!
Jewelry and Accessories
- This cuff bracelet from Kate Spade is positively stunning and right now on sale 40% off.
- I'm a fan of Canadian jewelry designer Jenny Bird. I love the clean, modern, unique pieces and have a necklace and three pairs of earrings from the brand. I may have to add this gorgeous pendant to the collection, especially now that it's 33% off.
- Gorgeous jet beads creating a statement pendant necklace that will look amazing with so many things already in your closet.
- Nordstrom sales are the best time to get quality pashminas for less. I have this same one in other colors and it's perfection. I love this icy lavender color, it would look great with black, grey, camel, and be a perfect wrap with spring dresses.
- This fluffy feathery pink bag would be the perfect accent to any LBD (or grey dress or red dress or navy dress or white dress or denim dress or a black sweater and jeans or so many other items in your wardrobe).
- I own this bag in black, you've seen it in all the recent outfit posts. This is a great price for what I find to be a great bag!
- My sister has this Vince Camuto bag and it's the perfect size with the perfect number of compartments. And now it's the perfect price at 50% off!
Underpinnings and Sleepwear
- I've mentioned my love of the Hanky Panky retro thong many times, and it's now on sale in this pretty cross-dyed purple color.
- The same color, in the Retro Vikini (my favorite everyday undies).
- I have a Barefoot Dreams cardigan and it's so comfy and plush (and washes well too). The idea of a bathrobe in the fabric is utterly decadent, and even better that it's on sale!
Sweaters, Tops, and Blazers
- Cashmere for less than $50? And it's highly rated? Yes please!
- This blouse from RACHEL Rachel Roy is way cuter in person than it looks on this model. I know because I borrowed it from Gwynnie Bee, wore it during my Facebook live with them, wore it to work twice, and considered not sending it back. It's pretty tucked in or bloused out and a nice price!
- I love a dressy blouse, and this one is so chic! Style with dark ankle jeans for a night out or a pair of wide-leg or pajama-inspired trousers for a cocktail party. Both choices are great though I am partial to the Champagne (envision with winter white trousers).
- I'm kinda sorta completely obsessed with this leopard jacket from FRAME. I can't afford it even on the sale price but I couldn't not share it in this roundup!
- Nordstrom makes the best cashmere, I have a dress, a cardigan, and a couple sweaters in it and all have been bought during sales. This ribbed crewneck is a fantastic luxe wardrobe staple.
- This is a really great shell to wear under blazers and cardigans and can even glam up with a fun necklace for a night out. I saw the blue color in person and while it's a hint sheer (you want to wear a seamless skin-colored bra), it's utterly gorgeous.
- A beautiful sequined twinset that would be pretty with dark jeans or with flowing pants. This is that perfect dressy piece for your wardrobe that you can throw on for a last-minute invite.
Jeans, Pants, and Skirts
- So many of you have raved about Wit & Wisdom jeans. I have a pair of their shorts and find them pretty fantastic. These are a great pair of skinny jeans in three great colors. Just a few pennies over $40, the price can't be beat. Available in regular and petite sizes.
- These utterly badass jeans from KUT from the Kloth will take your basic blazers and knit tops to the next level of coolness. Less than $60 for a statement-making silver toned jean from a brand that makes such flattering and well-made denim.
- I love NYDJ jeans, they're nice quality, good fit, and flatter. The release hem style still seems to be going strong for 2018 and these skinnies from NYDJ embrace the trend without looking too trendy.
- A different wash but the same style in plus sizes.
- A beautiful pink dress from Eliza J with bow detail to wear to all the upcoming spring weddings and events. On sale for less than $100, this is a gorgeous dress at a gorgeous price.
- A pretty perfect dress for holiday events, and in a silhouette that won't feel dated in a year or two. I love the mix of sequins with long sleeves and a jewel neckline; it's a piece you can wear to the company holiday party with black sheer stockings and pumps or get glammed up with some gold strappy heels and statement earrings.
- The same dress in plus sizes.
- I love when spring dresses are in winter sales! This pretty dress from RACHEL Rachel Roy is begging for warmer weather and will look great at the office, a daytime wedding, date night, and more!
- I have a Nordstrom cashmere dress I bought at a similar sale a few years ago and it was SUCH a good buy. The quality is stellar, the fit classic and chic, and it has held up beautifully. I bet this one would be just as good of a purchase.
- I had this very jumpsuit in my virtual shopping cart but didn't pull the trigger because I couldn't justify the purchase. I already have similar pieces, but it's such a cool jumpsuit that would be perfect for a day wedding, a night out, a vacation, and more.
- I have a jumpsuit from Karen Kane that is at least 5 years old and still looks and feels great and still looks stylish. This is another jumpsuit from Karen Kane that I bet will be just as good of a buy.
- How positively darling is this dress from Kate Spade? If it came in a size larger than 12 I'd be buying it!
- I don't need this Eileen Fisher velvet wrap dress but I've been eyeing it all season and even had it in my cart at one point. Available in two colors, this relaxed style will dress down with tights and boots or glam up easily with a strappy shoe.
- The same dress in plus sizes.
- I currently have this dress from RACHEL Rachel Roy thanks to Gwynnie Bee. It's super flattering and so versatile. I wore it with fleece tights and tall boots on a cold winter night, and when the temps improved I wore it with nude pumps. I wore it for a Date Night and even wore it to jury duty!
Do know this is not everything that is awesome that is part of this sale. You should scan it especially for bras, sneakers, denim, and statement tops. Happy shopping!
Shop My Sale Picks: