- Um… I NEED THIS DRESS IN MY LIFE! A sparkly silver wrap dress? DROOL! The review says it’s as stretchy, comfortable, and flattering as I imagined. Misses, Petites, and Woman sizes available.
- A sparkly cardigan is a wonderful addition to any wardrobe, no matter the time of year. The Sparkly Charming Dress Cardigan has a feminine fit and jewel buttons to make it the perfect topper for dresses (a nice alternative to wraps and shawls) but would also look lovely paired with trousers. Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites available.
- The Rose Jacquard Fit-And-Flare Dress is uber flattering and that perfect dress that can look festive for the holidays but be wearable any time of the year. Not only that, it has POCKETS! Misses, Petites, and Woman sizes available.
- I love a velvet blazer; it’s a great way to add luxury and style to a wardrobe. Pair this velvet blazer with jeans for a casual party at a friend’s house or style with a sheath dress or cigarette pants for a more elegant situation. Then come the workweek style with a crisp white shirt and pencil skirt or trousers. Six great colors available, and in sizes for Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites.
- I think this Buffalo Check Midi Full Skirt is absolutely adorable. Talbots has it styled with a white button-front shirt which is classic and elegant, but imagine it with a black turtleneck, a red twinset, a brought green scoop neck tee in a refined knit or silk blend, with a chambray shirt or a denim jacket. This is also a fabric and print that works year round, though it could look pretty festive for the holidays! And yet again, pockets! Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites available.
- The Sequin-Dot Party Blouse is the perfect way to add some shine to your look without going overboard. Sheer sleeves and sparkly dots make this a top that will look great under a jacket for the office or a work-related happy hour, paired with jeans for a house party or night out with the girls, or can get more glam paired with ankle pants or a pencil skirt in a dressy fabric. Two color choices, and available in Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites.
- Even a merino sweater looks festive when paired with these Doupioni Side-Zip Ankle Pants. In four colors, this elegant pant will make every piece in your wardrobe look more formal. Style with a crisp white shirt and kitten heels, a cashmere twinset and sparkly statement necklace, a sequined blouse to celebrate the ball dropping at midnight, or pair with their Doupioni Jacket for a sophisticated suit that will look chic for years to come.
- An easy way to make any outfit in your closet holiday-ready is with a festive brooch. This sparkly snowflake brooch has the trim plated in 12K gold and would look great pinned to a dress, a blazer, or even worn over the collar with a button-front shirt or blouse. Also how great to hold a scarf in place with this snowflake!
- The Dot Mesh and Ponte Sheath Dress is a way to be comfortable yet be festive. A ponte knit body but with a sheer dotted neck and sleeves, this is elegant and versatile. Two colors available, in Misses, Petites, and Women sizes.
- Plaid is hot this season, and a quick way to feel festive. The Tartan Twill Fabric Belt comes in two different plaids that will look adorable for the holiday season but great for other times of the year. Imagine it with a chambray shirt and cropped pants and a pencil skirt for spring or fall, or replace the self-belt in a shirtdress.
- I am loving the Glitter Party Clutch. Small enough to look dressy, but the measurements show it will still be able to hold your larger SmartPhone as well as purse essentials. Carry as a clutch or use the chain strap. Gold and silver available.
- The Metallic Round Buckle Belt (also available in Woman) is brilliant… literally! Ad shine to any look. While the site says pair with jeans, I would totally wear this with one of those dresses with a seam at the waist or one that’s tailored to give it a completely different look. This belt would also be fantastic to take a big scarf or ruana and cinch it at the waist.
- A Buffalo Plaid clutch purse? Yes please! Oh gosh I think this is adorable; wear with a simple dress to look festive, style with jeans, imagine it with a blazer and Breton tee… the options are endless!
- I own this Double-Pocket Crossbody Bag in yellow (Autumn Gold) and it’s excellent. It’s small but in it I can fit my large wallet, sunglasses case, iPhone 6s, lipstick, compact, and a couple other purse essentials. Two front pockets and an internal zip pocket makes it easy to stay organized. The strap is not only adjustable but removable so it can be a clutch. This is the perfect travel purse. Eight colors to choose from.
- The easiest way to make your LBD (or not-so little black dress) look festive is with a sparkly pair of shoes. The Skylar Glitter Pump has a reasonable 2.5” heel, leather lining and sole, and memory foam footbed to keep you on the dancefloor all night. Available in gold and silver glitter.
- Not a heels kind of person? The Edison Glittery Pointy-Toe Flats are a wonderful alternative and just as festive. Narrow, Medium, and Wide widths available as well as the silver and gold glitter options.
- The Edison Flat also comes in suede; I tried it on in store and it’s gorgeous and well made. Also available in three widths but six rich colors to complement any wardrobe.
- Buffalo Check Taffeta Pumps? I think I am in love. No seriously. Imagine them with a red dress for the holidays, with black ankle pants and a crisp white shirt, with cuffed jeans and a black blazer, a black silk midi dress, even a hot pink sundress this spring. This is the kind of statement shoe that you’ll be wearing more often than you would have ever considered.
- Talbots’ Skylar D’Orsay Suede Pumps are a classic. The heel height and style works with skirts and dresses of any length as well as everything from slim cropped pants to full drapey trousers. Six colors available; many customer reviews state the owners liked them so much they bought them in more than one color!
- The Eve Pump is utter perfection. A chunky heel that provides style and stability and a sophisticated silhouette. Available in a couple suede colors; I’m also partial to their haircalf version.
- If the Eve is too high, the Porsha Wedge is a chic alternative. 1 ¾” wedge heel is comfortable, but style is not sacrificed. Available in patent leather, suede, and haircalf and a variety of widths.
- I love the Raine Rain Boot. Classic Chelsea boot style but waterproof with a removable tricot sock lining. Two colors available; this is a boot you’ll wear and love for years.
- When all the reviews are positive on a tall boot, you take notice. The Tonie Bit-Trim Boot is a classic riding boot in three classic colors and will be a wardrobe workhorse. Style over leggings and slim jeans or wear under skirts and dresses.
- How gorgeous is this metallic gold hooded puffer? Two-way zip closure, detachable hood, and machine washable. I love a metallic coat; as versatile as black but far more cheery! This coat comes in Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites so you can find the perfect size for you.
- I am sooo tempted to get this metallic puffer vest. I saw Talbots’ puffer vests in person and they’re a perfect weight to be warm for fall (or layered) but not so thick you’ll look like a marshmallow. Also the strategic stitching flatters the figure. Available in Misses, Petites, and Woman.
- For those in warmer areas, Talbots’ Faux Fur Trimmed Parka may be perfect for your more mild winters. Detachable faux fur trimmed hood, Thinsulate lining, and machine washable. Available in two classic colors, Misses, and Petites.
- Talbots’ Solid Hooded Puffer Coat is a classic that comes in four utterly gorgeous colors. The faux fur trim on the hood is detachable, the coat is machine washable, and it has great details like two-way zippers, zipper pockets, and 90% down fill. Misses, Petites, and Woman sizes available.
- I adore the Grammercy Short Coat. Luxe wool blend with a concealed button placket and a detachable faux fur collar so you can control your level of glam. Comes in three colors, Misses, Petites, and Woman sizes.
- Talbots has a bunch of adorable holiday-themed socks. While you may find such socks at other retailers, with Talbots you know they’re better quality and fit. My favorites are the Merry & Bright Trouser socks, Mistletoe Trouser Socks, and the Fair Isle Snowflake Trouser Socks (available in two colors).
- I wouldn’t mind having the Quinn Metallic Slipper Slides under the tree for me! Silver and shearling is so my jam! Memory foam footbed and a rubber sole, you can stay cozy with a bit of a glam touch!
- For the new professional on your gift list, consider the Metallic Pebbled Leather Card Case. On trend and fun, yet sophisticated enough to slip out at a networking event. Also, what a great way to present a gift card to a recipient?
- The silver mirror compact is an adorable gift for the fashionista on your list. Zip closure to keep it clean, and a size perfect to tuck into a clutch yet be big enough to see to fix a stray hair or reapply lipstick.
- The Faux Fur Neck Warmer is a great gift; it’s an unexpected luxury that is also warm and practical. Available in three colors.
- The blanket scarf is still a hot trend and a great gift to give to a woman most any age. In two Buffalo Check prints, this 100% wool scarf will keep someone cozy all winter long and stylish to boot!
- I have a tassel necklace from Talbots and love it; big fan of this Glitter Tassel version. Mixing metals makes it extremely versatile and stand out in a crowd. Make it a set with the matching Glitter Tassel Earrings.
Fall and Winter Fashion
- Every time I visit Talbots online or in person I am drawn to this ribbed poncho. Problem is, my sister owns it. We already own so many similar pieces and often show up at events looking like twins… I just can’t get this. So get it and wear it because I can’t! Misses and Women sizes available.
- After seeing this faux fur vest in person, I’m even more of a fan. You know how many vests can make you look bigger? This one is soft and pliable with a rib to the fur that makes it so flattering. Two colors available, it’s also available in Womens.
- I own the A-Line Pocket Skirt, I’ve worn it twice on the blog and more in person, and I think it’s pretty swell. While I have the yellow, there’s three other great colors available and it comes in Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petite sizes.
- I love the Elegant Paisley Pencil Skirt. When I last visited Talbots, I saw it in the Woman department and it made me gasp, it’s even prettier in person. Then I saw a customer try it on and I swooned. Misses, Petites, and Woman sizes and enough colors that you can find something great already in your wardrobe to pair with it and a fabric that can work even when the temps rise.
- Another great skirt is this Ocelot-Print Pencil Skirt. I mentioned this skirt in my newsletter that I tried it in store and loved it but couldn’t find a single thing in-store to style with it. However, the colors in it are pretty easily found elsewhere and it would look smashing with white, black, and denim. Misses and Petites available.
- Talbots’ blazers in my opinion have improved in fit. I really like their Herringbone Shetland Blazer; it’s classic yet cool. I’d roll the sleeves up and pair with jeans but it looks lovely as-is and styled for work or in more classic of ways. Nine amazing colors to choose from; don’t be afraid to consider a pastel this winter as it looks fresh styled with gray or denim. Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites available.
- Another great blazer is their Italian Flannel. Luxe and elegant, it comes in two soft colors that are sophisticated and on trend. Style with other soft shades, wear over a navy and white striped Breton tee, or make them pop with a black turtleneck. There’s plenty of separates in this material so you can make it into an elegant suit.
- Sweater dresses are hot this season; this one has a cozy classic turtleneck style with a Fair Isle print. I almost put this with the festive holiday fashion, but I think this is classic enough that it can be worn from fall to spring with style. Misses and Petites.
- I have this Cashmere Watercolor Floral Sweater and adore it. It’s so soft, so pretty, and looks so nice with so many different things! Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petite sizes.
- Fair Isle sweaters are a classic, but they’re especially popular this season. This is a pretty version that will maintain its style for years to come. Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites.
That’s not to say these are the only great pieces available during Talbots’ Friends and Family event. Seriously, the selection this season is phenomenal and so far I have had great success with them. Happy shopping and be sure to comment with what pieces you either already own or buy during this sale!