Woo-hoo, Talbots is having their Red Hanger Sale! Up to 70% off original prices, 50% off markdowns, and an extra 5% off if you use your Talbots card. Many of you have mentioned that items or fabrics I recommend are beyond your budget. Sales like this one are times to be able to get pieces like cashmere, lined wool blazers, suiting, and elegant dresses for prices you can find at discount and big box retailers. Talbots is one of my favorite places for wardrobe basics because they know how to make pieces that are classic yet have a cut or detail that makes it flattering, feminine, and timeless. Below are my picks from the Talbots Red Hanger Sale:
- I have this little crossbody bag in the Autumn Gold color and think it’s a great buy. It’s small enough to not get in the way, but big enough to hold all your essentials. Exterior and interior pockets, adjustable length strap, and four fun colors still available. This is my travel/sight-seeing/night out bag because of it’s perfect size and design. $44.99
- I adore this grey pebbled leather clutch; it’s so chic and the grey is more versatile than basic black. Not sure? Check out the rave reviews for this lovely bag! $59.99
Yes, Talbots has activewear and it’s pretty fantastic! The fit is great, the materials and construction impeccable. I have some pieces from this line and positively adore them.
- The Talbots ponte legging is awesome. Thick, opaque, and durable, these can go from the gym to weekends with longer tops and boots. Please note they do run a bit big, if you’re between sizes go down for a trimmer fit. Misses, Petite, and Woman sizes available. $37.49
- I have this zip-pocket hoodie. I love this zip-pocket hoodie. Seriously, it is better than any other hoodies or athletic pullovers in my wardrobe. Perfect color (I have Blaze Orange), perfect weight, perfect fit. Misses, Petite, and Woman sizes $44.99
Tops, Sweaters, and Jackets
- This patch pocket denim shirt is awesome; I have it and it’s really soft and lightweight with beautiful drape. I love this grey color, it would look so nice with all shades of denim (white, black, and blue) but also dress up nicely with a pencil skirt or twill trousers. Misses sizes only. $34.99
- Talbots cashmere is wonderful, and even more wonderful when on sale! Their classic cashmere v-neck has a flattering fit, five colors to choose from, and available in Misses, Petites, Women, and Women Petite. $69.99
- Speaking of cashmere, I have this watercolor printed cashmere sweater and positively adore it. It’s even prettier in person and surprisingly versatile. Misses, Petite, Woman, and Woman Petite sizes available. $74.99
- I may get this Herringbone Shetland Blazer, I’ve been drooling over it all season in the Petal color (and it IS one of the Pantone colors of the year!). This is a blazer that can dress up for work but also look quite smart with a tee and jeans for the weekend. Eight colors, Misses, Petite, Woman and Woman Petite sizes available. $64.99
- Another awesome blazer is this velvet one. I love how a velvet blazer adds texture to a look, can dress up nicely, but also looks so cool with jeans and a band tee. Three colors, Misses, Petite, Woman, and Woman Petite sizes. $59.99
- My sister has this shawl collar poncho and I would totally buy it but we already show up at places too often dressed alike. So buy it for me, okay? And I think the term poncho is misleading, this is more like an oversized sweater vest, and is perfect to add warmth to long-sleeved tees and has the length to look great with leggings and skinny jeans. $44.99
- This Surplice Wrap Top is a great alternative to boring tees and knits for the weekend, but can also dress up enough for the office. Not only that, the wrap style whittles the waist and flatters the bust. Four colors, Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites. $19.99
- Can’t go wrong with a cream fisherman sweater! This one is flattering and classic; pair with jeans or style with an a-line skirt and tall boots. Woman and Woman Petites sizes. $44.99
- The Marled Fisherman Sweater is even prettier in person. Seriously, the mix of colors is gorgeous, and the cableknit just highlights it perfectly. It’s a bit longer of a length with zippers on the side, making it perfect for weekends or paired with skinnier pants and leggings. Three colors, Misses, Petites, Woman, and Woman Petites available. $39.99
- It’s always good to have a dressy cardigan or topper on hand to slip over frocks when the temps drop. The sparkling charming dress cardigan is perfect for this and is available in Misses, Woman, and Woman Petite sizes. $34.99
- I have this back-zip ponte sheath in a grey leopard print and it’s an amazing fit. I’ve machine washed it on gentle and line dried and it still looks great. Three solid colors in Woman and Woman Petite sizes. $64.99
- When I had a shopping event at the Talbots in Tyson’s Corner Center in Virginia, I grabbed this dress for a customer. She wasn’t thrilled with the print, but she tried it on and fell in love. It is uber flattering and the print seems less extreme when on the body. And who can resist a three-season dress that flatters, resists wrinkles, and is machine washable? Woman sizes. $59.99
- This merino sweater dress is a classic, but do know it runs a bit longer than other dresses from Talbots. It’s meant to be below the knee; great if you want that length or if you’re tall. If not, consider the petite which my 5’6” friend fit well everywhere and hit her right at the top of her kneecap. Misses, Petite, and Woman sizes and four great colors. $74.99
- Every woman needs a dress like this crepe sheath in her wardrobe. Whether it’s your not-so little black dress or in a statement color, it’s the piece that will be so versatile year-round, dressing up and down with ease. Oh, and it’s machine washable! Four colors, Misses, Petite, and Woman sizes. $49.99
- Another fabulous crepe sheath dress, just in Woman sizes, in a gorgeous blackberry color and basic black. $69.99
Pants, Skirts, and Jeans
- The Talbots Newport Pant is a workhorse – classic cut and style, can go from the office to weekends. Available in four colors as well as Misses, Misses Long, Petites, Women and Women Petites sizes. $39.99
- I have a pair of the Flawless Five Pocket Bootcut jeans and think they’re really flattering. They tuck the tummy a bit, elongate the leg, and hold their shape through a day of wear. Deep Ocean is a nice classic color, and comes in Misses, Misses Long, Petite, Woman, and Woman Petite sizes. $39.99
- These jeans are also available in Delta, a darker color with some whiskering. Same sizes and price.
- This ocelot-print skirt… you’re likely sick of me raving about it as it has been in pretty much every Talbots post of mine since summer. It’s gorgeous, it’s a great fabric, and a great fit. Wear it now with a wool sweater, come spring with a silk blouse, in summer with a chambray shirt. Misses and Petites sizes. $39.99
- I have this skirt and think it’s well made, a flattering cut, and a classic style that will be wearable for years to come. Two colors available, Woman sizes only. $47.49
- Oh how I LOVE a pair of pants that look professional but are made of something comfy. These houndstooth ponte pants are exactly that. Comfy, professional, and machine washable? Score! Misses and Woman sizes. $54.99
- A wedge is so great for work; it gives a bit of height which makes trousers look more polished, but is far more comfortable. The Porsha Wedge from Talbots is an elegant shape and comes in Narrow, Regular, and Wide widths. This is the patent leather version, available in three classic colors. $64.99
- The Porsha Wedge is also on sale in three fabulous colors of suede. Same sizes and price.
- Flats can be tricky for the office, but the Edison Flat from Talbots has a structured shape, gently pointed toe, and a flat heel to make it look polished and professional. All that and a memory foam footbed for comfort! Three colors available in Narrow, Regular, and Wide widths. $49.99
- Also available in suede, same widths and price.
Talbots has great outerwear; great cut that flatters a woman’s shape, classic styles but with a stylish edge.
- The Long Hooded Puffer is a classic. Machine washable, faux fur trim on the hood, four colors to choose from, and available in Misses, Petite, Woman and Woman Petite sizes. $89.99
- Similar coat but with a shorter silhouette and a different variety of four colors. Misses, Petite, and Woman sizes available. $69.99
- This plush twill coat is even more luxe in person, and the Aster color reminds me of boysenberry yogurt from when I was a kid (which I adored, I thought it was so pretty). Also available in a pretty indigo shade and in Misses, Petite, and Woman sizes. $139.99