This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Many of you have emailed me asking for advice on summer flats; Nordstrom recently reached out to me asking if I could write about their extensive collection of flats for summer right as I was writing a post on the very subject. As you know, I’m a huge Nordstrom fan; free shipping, free returns, a crazy great selection of shoes for all occasions and price matching. Who could ask for anything more? A few fab flats available at Nordstrom and why I think they’re a fab choice for this spring and summer.
- I’m all about a statement shoe; it transforms wardrobe staples and brings your outfit up a notch. The ‘Pallas’ skimmer flat from Via Spiga has a leg-lengthening pointed toe, enough structure to be appropriate in many office settings, yet a versatile shape that would look great with everything from fluid trousers to sundresses to denim cutoffs. While it’s available in cobalt and nude, this print I think is actually more versatile.
- Sperry knows how to do classic prep, and the ‘Harper’ flat fits the bill. These would look adorable paired with ankle pants, crisp cotton Bermudas, or even a cotton sundress. Come fall, pair with everything from boyfriend jeans to flared denim to camel or cream work trousers.
- It’s hard to find comfortable flats that are dressy enough for all the day and destination weddings on your summer social calendar, but the ‘Would I Lie' by Seychelles would work, while also being able to dress down for a weekday. Available in a pewter or black subtle metallic finish, these sandals get great reviews for look as well as comfort.
- A windowpane print is like a leopard print – an unexpected neutral. It also brightens any outfit and adds a mod touch. The ‘Willa’ skimmer flat from Kate Spade not only comes in this graphic black and white print, but six other colors, prints, and textures that will make it hard to decide which one is best for your summer wardrobe.
- I’m one who wears leopard prints year round; the ‘Chandler’ pointy toe flat from Sole Society has such an open, airy style it makes leopard summer-appropriate. Pair with distressed denim, rompers and dressy shorts, midi skirts, and work trousers.
- Shoes of Prey is the latest footwear brand on my radar – their prints and materials are so unique and exciting, their styles are quite wearable, and all their shoes come in a variety of widths from A to EE. I’m partial to their Cap Toe Fish Scale Ballet Flat because it’s a traffic-stopping combination that will work with everything from work trousers to boyfriend jeans. However, I recommend you checking out the other styles from Shoes of Prey; I think you’ll be as impressed as I.
- Espadrilles are in style this summer and you have a large variety available. I’m partial to the ‘Lida’ from Sam Edelman which has the classic braided base, but mixes up beading, prints, and leather trim. Two different combinations are available; this is a shoe that takes a simple tank and shorts or tee and jeans and makes the look purposeful and boho chic.
- The Dansko ‘Nanette’ is the kind of shoe I recommend in most any travel capsule wardrobe because it’s so versatile and so comfortable for long days walking and on your feet. Such a shoe works with cropped pants, skirts, shorts, and even long pants and can be worn all seasons of the year. If you’re planning to do a bunch of travel this summer, you may wish to consider this or a similar shoe.
- For those who find classic espadrilles too bulky, the ‘Tahiti’ D’Orsay espadrille from Kaanas may be what you’re looking for. Available in two different prints that are quite versatile, this is a casual shoe that will work with most everything in your summer wardrobe.
- French Sole’s ‘League’ skimmer is the perfect versatile summer flat. Made with perforated nubuck leather, this is an elegant yet extremely comfortable shoe and a classic look that will be wearable for years to come. While I chose to feature it in fuchsia, it was hard to make a decision between the five neutrals and statement colors.
- There’s something about this crisp black and white espadrille from Soludos that makes it stand out from the pack. Maybe it’s the black stitching, or the low profile, or the crisp black and white stripes that will look so fresh on a summer day. I must say the price is also pretty nice.
- I fell in love with the Ivanka Trump ‘Tadora’ ballet flat as soon as I saw it. So elegant, so feminine, and yet so comfortable. Available in light blue, white, black, and the print; all four styles are bejeweld and beautiful and proving that you don’t need a heel to look elegant.
Shop the Post: