This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Until midnight, Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy are offering 40% off virtually everything with the code SUNSHINE. Below are my picks for what to snag during this sale to update your wardrobe for late spring, summer, and beyond. I stuck with New Arrivals because there’s just too much merchandise to pour through, but don’t ignore the Clearance and Sale departments – you can get some AMAZING deals with this promotion!
- Black Floral Midi Skirt – This is an elegant and classic piece that is on trend right now. So simple to style with a crisp white shirt or even a denim/chambray shirt (sleeves cuffed, collar popped, tucked or tied at waist), or a basic white, red or black tank or scoop tee. Pair with heels for the office, flat sandals for the weekend. Regular, petite, and tall available. And hello pockets!
- Heritage Silk Safari Blouse – Go back to Banana’s beginnings with this elegant blouse. While also available in camel, I am partial to Seaweed, which would look amazing with denim, white, black, and unexpected pairings like hot pink, coral, and chartreuse. The safari look is back in style this season, but it is never out of vogue so it’s a smart style choice. Tuck into a pencil skirt, wear out over slim ankle jeans or pants, tie over a maxi dress, and wear year-round.
- BR Monogram Silk Dolman Top – This is such a cool top that makes such a statement while being utterly comfortable and breezy. Pair with skinny jeans and pointed-toe flats for happy hour, with wide-leg cream trousers for the office, with white ankle pants and heeled sandals for a date. All this and the top will still look good if you indulged a bit too much at last weekend’s barbecue or crab feast and will still look cool and stand out years from now.
- Heritage Olive Leather Pencil Skirt – I’m a diehard fan of leather pencil skirts, and when they’re a neutral they’re far easier to style for the office, for warmer weather, and you’re less likely to tire from it. This olive is perfection – pair now with the silk safari blouse, a white or cream shirt, or even a striped tee and denim jacket. Come summer look chic with a simple black silk tank and strappy heels. Come fall style with a cream boyfriend blazer and snakeskin pumps or a black turtleneck and opaque tights.
- Soft Leather Small Duffle – I’m a big fan of Banana’s leather bags. I own several of them and find them high quality and classic styles that transcend time. This bag is a perfect choice – the duffle is a popular bag silhouette now but it never goes out of style. No trendy hardware or logos, you can wear this bag for many years to come. Available in black and white.
- Leather Slip On Sneakers – Similar to the silver leather Banana Republic ones I recently featured, but a much nicer price.
- Linen Tee – A nice drape that gives a luxe feel and updates the basic tee shirt and shorts or jeans, this tee is the type you buy in bulk. This tee would look slouchy cool with the olive leather pencil skirt from Banana Republic!
- Ballet-Neck Dress – This is the perfect travel dress. Pair with flat sandals, a wide-brimmed hat, and crossbody bag for daytime sightseeing and then switch out for heels or even pointed-toe flats or metallic sandals for evening. If it’s chilly, top with a denim jacket. Regular, petite, and tall and three basic colors.
- V-neck Ramie Maxi Dress – It’s hard to find maxi dresses with straps wide enough for standard bras. This dress has it, plus it’s not made of jersey making it cooler on a humid day and easier to dress up. Change the look with the addition of a belt. And yep, pockets!
- 1969 Sexy Boyfriend Denim Shorts – These come in a few washes and finishes and they’re all great, but I find these to be the most versatile. No butt cheeks falling out, no chance of looking painted on, and a cuffed edge that is relaxed but not messy. I always recommend going up a size in shorts and reviews seem to agree for this style. Tall, regular, and petites available.
- Cami Jumpsuit – I know many of you can’t get on the jumpsuit train and that’s okay. This isn’t a trend for everyone. But if you’re okay with stripping down to your bra to take a leak and think jumpsuits are cute, this is a great one to try. Rayon is more figure flattering for jumpsuits than jersey, and this one gets reviews that it’s easy to slip on and off. While the black may be your first choice, the print is pretty fun, hides lumps and bumps, and would go with a great variety of shoes and accessories. Regular, tall, and petite options.
- Patterned Soft Pants – Last summer I lived in my patterned pants from Karen Kane, and the year before that, another pair also from Karen Kane. A pair of lightweight loose pants are great for the summer – pair with a tank or tee for breezy style walking the boardwalk, sipping a glass of Vinho Verde on the back deck, visiting the farmers market. Dress up with a rayon or silk tank and a big bold necklace. Regular, tall, petite, and a few prints to choose from.
- Poplin Cami Dress – Each summer I buy a couple sundresses from Old Navy and other discount retailers to wear as beach coverups, loungewear, and to throw on with a straw hat and sandals to putter around town. While a spaghetti strap isn’t the best for all (there are comfy strapless bras out there, I’m a 36DDD and have two: this one and this one – get professionally fitted to find the right one for you), this has adjustable straps and is a fabric that won’t cling in humidity or when wearing a damp swimsuit. Add a belt and this could work for casual weekend activities!
- Eyelet Tee – I love tops that are as easy as a tee shirt yet look far more chic and pulled together. This eyelet tee is that. With a cami underneath, you can pair with twill cropped pants for a casual office environment, pair with a denim skirt for the weekend, or just style with your favorite linen pants or shorts for casual attire. Gets rave reviews, I think it would get a lot of wear all summer long.
- Poplin V-neck Tank – This is one of those tops that looks so darn boring and ho-hum but once you own you wear the heck out of it. Wear untucked with skinny jeans, metallic sandals and a fun necklace. Tuck in to trousers for the office, or wear under a suit. Pair with denim shorts and flip flops and feel far more comfy than wearing jersey. Heck, pair with the olive leather skirt from Banana with a gold necklace and some nude pumps and blow people away with your simple elegant style!
Jebus! I hope readers randomly send you flowers and chocolates for posts like this. 🙂