This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Nordstrom Fall Sale is always a hit or miss for me. Unlike the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, this is a true seasonal sale where you are more likely to find scores on sandals than items you can wear now. I find the sale is best for shoes (though don’t discount other departments for the occasional mega score). However, I found some really great wear now and all winter long footwear including boots, flats, and occasion shoes, all at great prices. My picks, and some styling tips too:
Y’all know I think it’s not the time to buy a pair of classic knee-high boots, but I am digging the over the knee boots if your figure and personal style works with them. I love them with a shift dress that hits just above or just below the boots, with leggings and a slouchy tunic sweater, with dark jeggings and a turtleneck.
- These slouchy heeled boots from Sole Society won’t look as Pretty Woman as super tight ones and the price is awesome.
- I like the solid sleek simplicity of these over the knee (OTK) black suede boots. Not too low or high of a heel, no bows or lacing or frou frou. Smooth and sleek, these could be worn over tights with dresses to add a layer of warmth and wind protection without looking bulky.
- Okay, okay these are a knee-high boot, but they’re the utilitarian and practical yet stylish combo that’s great for cold winters and travel. Waterproof, wide calf (and with a great elastic band to keep them from looking like pirate boots), cushioned footbed with arch support, and a sole that will keep you from skidding on sidewalks. All that and good ratings and a great price. I’m not afraid to admit when I’m wrong.
Ankle Boots and Booties
An ankle bootie is so versatile. Slip under straight and bootcut jeans and pants, wear with skinny jeans tucked in, or take those skinny or boyfriend jeans and cuff them above the boot top (visible socks optional). I also like them with skirts; bare legs for the warmer months and tights in the same color as the skirt or the boot for a long leggy effect.
- These sleek black booties from Aquatalia have a chic pointed toe, a wearable heel height, and a waterproof making them the perfect shoe for work and the commute to get there.
- This bootie from Sole Society is a really nice price, a classic look, and comes in seven different colors. I love that it has an almond toe, which is more elegant than a round or square one.
- Another waterproof bootie, this time from Blondo and in a more casual suede and wood heel version. Good reviews and three colors to choose from.
- I just added a black patent bootie to my wardrobe and I wear them all the time. It’s a bit of shine that looks great with work trousers or glams up your favorite weekend jeans. This bootie from Treasure & Bond not only comes in black patent, but leopard calfhair and burgundy suede. For such a price it’s tempting to get all three.
- The statement bootie trend is still going strong and if you find a pattern you love, it will transcend trends. This bootie from Kenneth Cole comes in two amazing yet very different patterns and a black leather with a subtle metal detail.
- I know you all don’t love a slim high heel, but for those who adore them like me, this bootie from Charles David is phenomenal and begging to be worn with dark denim.
- There is something completely badass about these brown animal print calfhair booties. If I didn’t get all crazy and quit my job and have to save pennies I’d get these and wear them with boyfriend jeans, with skinny jeans, with long skirts in a boho feel, and any time I possibly could before snow is on the ground. If you get them, send me a picture, let me live vicariously through you!
- I love a good statement flat, it ends up being far more versatile than a plain neutral version. These from Sam Edelman come in a variety of prints and colors and also has a variety of widths!
- Another amazing statement flat from Sam Edelman, this one with a detail that will have strangers stopping you in the streets to shower compliments and ask wherever did you find them.
- These flats didn’t fit my feet properly (I reviewed them here), but I now have six friends who own them and love them. So if you don’t have wacky feet like me, you should get them and you likely will love them too.
- Every time I feature Emerson’s cat flats people comment saying they wish they made them in adult sizes. Wish granted, thanks to Kate Spade!
- If you desire a simpler flat, this one is a great choice. Structured, sleek silhouette, and a brand known for quality and comfort. This pointy toe flat from GH Bass comes in five different colors.
- A pretty wedge shoe is such a great wardrobe addition. Whether it’s an outdoor wedding or a day when you are on your feet and want more support than a standard heel, you’ll be glad you have them in your wardrobe. These from Cole Haan have a pretty cross strap and come in a great variety of colors.
- This wedge is a bit more glam and perfect for evening weddings and cocktail parties. Two colors and plenty of positive reviews.
- These are like mullet shoes – subtle black strap in the front, but a party full of embroidery and embellishment on the back and heel. All that and a practical low block heel? Here’s your holiday season dress shoe, ready to glam up all your not-so little black dresses!
- Another great low-heeled occasion shoe. Closed toe, ankle strap, and plenty of sparkle and glam!
- Super chic and versatile pointed toe block heel pump. Perfect for work, but the two colors and finishes can also venture into cocktail affair territory.
- This T-Strap block heel sandal in black patent is a wardrobe workhorse that will look great with cocktail dresses now, wider-leg pants this spring and summer, and dresses of all levels of formality as the temps rise.
- Simple and stylish, this patent block low heel strappy shoe is perfect to wear to all your holiday events with dresses of all lengths. Come spring and summer, they’ll look great too (consider styling with a pair of ankle pants).
- A similar shoe, but in silver mirror finish.
- This ankle strap D’Orsay sandal is a chic and classic dress shoe that will be worn for years to come. This link offers them in black suede or white satin; this link is the same shoe but with crystals and in three formal colors.
Loafers and Oxfords
- Brogues, oxfords, whatever you call them, menswear-inspired lace-up shoes continue to be chic. Wear with ankle pants or jeans, wider leg trousers, even with flippy skirts. Available in blush or black patent or an awesome metallic snakeskin print, these from Louise et Cie get great reviews and have a great price.
- These loafers caught my eye and I can’t stop thinking about them. I mean, how cool are they? Imagine them peeking out from your work trousers. Style with black jeans and a simple sweater for the weekend, or pair with boyfriend jeans. These would look amazing some spring and summer with white too.
- Desire comfort and a festive feel? How about these spectacular spangled loafers from Kate Spade? I have a velvet suit from Ellos (link to jacket, link to pants, stay tuned to see on the blog) that would look so good with them!
- I really love these sneakers in grey, I think they’re so cute, not too flashy, and would look great with jeans or leather leggings and a big cozy sweater, or with ankle pants and a blazer. Again, I can’t afford them right now but if you buy them take a picture of you wearing them and send it to me!
- These are also some pretty gorgeous sneakers. I love the snakeskin print, and think these would elevate every weekend look and be utterly adorable with a midi skirt and t-shirt.
- I have these very boots from Bogs (different color combo, see them in this post and this post with a younger spry Cindy). I wear them ALL THE TIME. I wore them just the other weekend for a walk in the woods and they sit at the front door ready to be put on for any situation that’s cold, wet, or muddy.
- Similar concept, same brand, but a pull-on snow boot. Looks like another pair that would do great sitting by the door all fall and winter!
- While there’s a few snowboots like this in the fall sale, I prefer these from Kamik because they’re monotone. Black fur, black lacings, black hardware. This makes them far more possible to wear once you reach your destination without looking as though you’re ready to climb Mt. Everest. Dare I say they could look chic with skinny jeans and a slouchy sweater?
Don’t think these are the only great shoes available during this sale, just the ones that caught my eye, I found very wearable and good buys for the season, and had, at least at the time of writing, a decent size selection. Note that while this sale shows dozens and dozens of pages, while scrolling through I saw items repeated multiple times. For any sales, to help narrow down the selection, review my tips for shopping a Nordstrom sale. Happy shopping and be sure to let me know what you end up getting!
I’m not normally an Oxford kind of person – but those Louise et Cie’s are kind of calling my name. May have to order those! Thanks for this – I’m not sure I would have found them otherwise.