This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You know I love Nordstrom, and I especially love the retailer at sale time. Free shipping, free returns without a time limit, and high quality items that are often seasonally appropriate. Below are my picks from the Nordstrom Half-Yearly sale which is taking place now through June 4, 2017.
- Sofft is my jam for comfortable summer shoes; I buy their sandals all the time and find them stylish without being trendy, and comfortable for long spans of time. These strappy low wedges are the perfect style that will work with regular or ankle trousers, and skirts of all lengths and silhouettes. Two colors available and a variety of widths, on sale for less than $70.
- I own this shoe from BP and find it comfortable and versatile. Love that it comes in widths and variety of colors. On sale for less than $50.
- A similar concept, this Vince Camuto lace-up sandal is a great look perfect for everything from boyfriend jeans to sundresses. I love that they come in widths, six colors, and on sale for less than $80.
- So many times I have needed shoes like these from Cole Haan – polished and professional, able to dress up for an event like a wedding, and a nice stable wedge base. Garden wedding season is upon us, these are perfect for it and 40% off. Nude and black available.
- Classic penny loafer, but in soft supple metallic leather! Two colors available, on sale 40% off.
- This saddle bag from Rebecca Minkoff is on trend but won’t be passé in a season. The color is perfect for spring, summer, and fall. The price is really nice; I have many bags from this brand and have been pleased with the quality and style longevity.
- If you prefer basic black, the same bag in a darker hue.
- It’s good to have a sparkly bag on hand. A clutch like this one works year-round, can glam up a black sheath, make jeans and a blazer look like an outfit for a night out, looks vintage and is on sale for less than $45.
- Some of you refuse to wear them, that’s okay. But I’m back on the fanny pack train, they’re so great for street fairs, music festivals, and travel. And to find one that doesn’t make you look like a tourist and is less than $13? Score!
- I own this clutch, and it’s so badass. You’ve seen in in a couple posts and I took it to the rewardStyle conference and it got so many compliments from fashion bloggers. And now it’s on sale for less than $90.
- Looking for a simple everyday crossbody bag? This one from BP is faux leather but a clean look that will appear more expensive than its $17.49 pricetag. Beige or black available.
- Need a pop of color for your summer wardrobe? Look no further than this fun bucket bag from Topshop. It’s a hair over $30 and comes with a detachable pouch for cards and essentials.
- I love the colorblocking of this Tory Burch clutch. It’s called a wallet on a chain, but there’s enough room in there for your phone, lipstick, and a couple other goodies. On sale 33% off.
Pants, Shorts, and Skirts
- These pants from Sanctuary are pretty perfect for summer. Clean lines, a casual look, the perfect length, these would look great with a tee and sandals, a chambray shirt and flats, or even a linen blazer and striped tee. Four colors and 33% off.
- I love the ‘Alina’ jean from NYDJ and have them in grey and black. Not too skinny, they don’t stretch out, and they look great as-is or rolled up for a cropped look. 11 different colors in regular and petite are available at this link for 33% off; this link has them in a classic denim wash perfect for spring and summer.
- Always great to find Eileen Fisher on sale; this navy a-line skirt can go from a business casual office to the weekend to your next vacation with ease. Regular and petite sizes available.
- Pull-on jeans are pretty brilliant – they’re more comfortable and provide a smoother line under untucked tops. These from NYDJ are the color and silhouette you’ll find yourself wearing with everything in your closet every week.
- Silk georgette ankle pants from Eileen Fisher – perfect for hot summer days when you still want to look polished. 40% off, two colors to choose from, plus sizes only.
- I own twill shorts from Caslon and think they fit pretty great and hold up nicely. I recommend sizing up for a better fit. Four options in regular and petite sizes available for less than $30.
Tops, Tees, and Blouses
- Looking for a sleeveless top that isn’t boring but still work appropriate? This ruched drape from tank from Halogen would be a great base piece for a business casual office and also add interest to more casual weekend looks. On sale for less than $35, regular and petite sizes available in eight different colors.
- Here’s a dressier sleeveless top from Vince Camuto that can work under a suit or on its own with trousers of all cuts or a pencil skirt. Three colors, regular and petite sizes, 40% off.
- Gotta love a breezy tunic in a fab print. This one from Sejour comes in two patterns, has that casual cool vibe, will dress up for work or dress down with some skinny jeans. 40% off, plus sizes only.
- Equipment makes great silk shirts; this one in a classic leopard print would look chic now with white jeans and gold jewelry and a pair of flat gold sandals. Come fall and winter, pair with oxblood, plum, black, and dark denim. 40% off.
- I love the color combo of this striped off the shoulder top! I also love it’s on sale for just a few coins over $25! Plus sizes only.
Blazers and Jackets
- I own a very similar jacket to this one from plus size brand Sejour. It’s awesome. It’s cute with a tee and jeans, dressed up with suiting trousers and a shell, or styled over a dress. Available in two colors, on sale 40% off and it gets great reviews!
- If you want to get designer or an investment piece, this is the time to do so. This red leather moto jacket from Veda is utterly badass and will transform your wardrobe. Jeans, sheath dresses, they’ll all look better with this jacket. On sale 40% off which is pretty fab.
- The bomber trend isn’t over yet; this floral one from Sejour can work with jeans and a tee but can also replace a casual blazer for the workplace. I really like the collar, it makes it look more polished. 40% off, plus sizes only.
- A pretty perfect hooded raincoat from Michael Kors, available in two colors, regular and petites, and on sale for less than $90. I love the longer back, perfect for protecting yourself from damp bench seats in soggy weather.
- This collarless blazer from Vince Camuto has clean classic lines. I own a similar blazer and find it so versatile. On sale 40% off.
- Another great raincoat, this time from Cole Haan. A packable style, this one is high on style and perfect for travel. Five colors available 33% off.
- Utility jackets are so great for in-between seasons, but also for replacing a denim jacket or casual blazer for creating complete ensembles. This one from Hinge comes in two colors, is on sale for less than $50, and gets great reviews.
Activewear, Loungewear, and Sleepwear
- I have this tank, I like this tank. If you’re plus size, you too may like this tank, especially since it’s on sale for less than $30!
- Caftan. Need I say more? How about a caftan so polished you may wear it to answer the door, you may wear it to a backyard party with gold hoops and bangles, you may wear it as a beach coverup, heck you may belt it and wear it with sandals to work! Two colors, on sale for a bit over $35.
- The perfect summer shortie pajamas in the prettiest print from Carole Hochman. On sale 40% off.
Jewelry, Watches, and Other Small Accessories
- These earrings are similar to the ones I have from Jenny Bird that I wear ALL THE TIME, but they’re on sale for $12.49 and available in three colors. Get these while you can!
- While this necklace isn’t super cheap even on sale, it’s the kind of statement necklace that your wardrobe has been missing. It’s the kind of necklace that will take your simple tees and sweaters or even basic dresses and make them chic and have coworkers asking wherever did you find that cool necklace. And it is 40% off and a brand that I know from experience makes high quality costume jewelry.
- If you’re a peacock fan, you need this watch from Kate Spade. So chic, yet so fun! On sale 40% off, a great price for a great timepiece.
- It’s hard to find long necklaces that aren’t too much of a statement and not boring. This is the perfect type that will look great with suits, with sheath dresses, and even with a tank and white jeans for an evening on your friend’s back deck. Oh, and it’s only $18!
- A change from classic studs, these flat hoops will add a bit of interest without being too fussy or flashy. Three metals to choose from and on sale for less than $10.
- There are a TON of sunglasses in this sale and it’s hard to choose which pairs to feature. I decided on these from Sunday Somewhere because they’re classic but a bit funky and unique, look lightweight, are a size that should flatter a variety of face sizes and shapes, and would look cook whether you’re 22 or 72. Two colors available.
- I love lariat necklaces, they’re so versatile. Tie low for a long pendant necklace, loop around the throat a few times for a choker, or something in between. This one from Cristabelle can dress up or down, comes in three colors, and is on sale for less than $35.
- If you’re one who likes to make a statement with your socks, Halogen has a bunch of fun prints on sale for less than $6!
- This dress from Eliza J is the perfect thing for summer weddings; switch out nude shoes for navy and it can be worn into early winter. Plus sizes only, 40% off.
- Not often do we have the need for a full-length gown, but this gorgeous Kelly green dress from Lauren Ralph Lauren makes me want to create an occasion! Regular and petite sizes, a style and fabric that will work year round, and on sale for less than $95!
- So simple, so chic, this colorblock dress from Tahari is a piece you’ll wear for many seasons to come. Plus sizes only.
- My friend Cathy wore this dress to the rewardStyle conference in black so I could see that it truly looks that gorgeous and flattering in person. This version is a gorgeous poppy color and only available in plus sizes, on sale for less than $85.
- The same dress, available in regular and petite sizes in poppy and black.
- I own this dress from Leith in black and love that it washes great, is super flattering and versatile. And pockets! This price is amazing for the quality of the fabric (heavyweight like ponte).
- A pretty perfect black tee shirt dress. Flattering silhouette, versatile, and 40% off.
- That perfect floaty sundress that’s long enough for comfort and modesty, but doesn’t cause heatstroke. Looks relaxed and chill but polished. From Lucky Brand, plus sizes only.
- I adore this mixed print wrap dress from Adrianna Papell! Talk about making a statement, and so flattering too. Plus sizes only, on sale for less than $80.
Know this isn’t all that is great from the sale. I tried to keep it to pieces that would work now and still be stylish seasons from now, and pieces that have a decent size run (at least at the time of writing this Wednesday evening). I encourage you to use this post I wrote on how to shop a Nordstrom sale to find all the other great deals that are happening right now. Happy shopping!