Oh Nordstrom, I just can't quit you. Each time I venture to another retailer I find the prices are higher for the same things, the selection is smaller, there's fewer pieces in my size, and the service just doesn't compare. Add a sale of up to 40% off current items and I swoon. So on my lunch breaks this past week I checked out the sale, and here's the things I felt were swoon-worthy. Everything except the purses is under $100 too!
- Street Level Silver Metallic Tote – This has been sitting in my shopping cart for months. I'm a sucker for a great leather tote, they survive pointy and heavy contents and only get better with time. And for those who worry about silver, imagine how it will get burnished and vintage looking with use. The price is awesome, especially for real leather!
- Milly ‘Astor' Saddle Crossbody Bag – This is a perfect everyday size, and I love how it can be a shoulder bag or crossbody. Classic lines, tumbled leather which can take a beating, but an amazing bold blue hue that will add style to any look. It's amazing to find such a bag from such a brand for under $200!
- Loeffler Randall ‘Baby Rider' Satchel – If you're like me, a tiny crossbody that carries only the essentials is a must come summer. For picnics, outdoor concerts, festivals and more, a bag like this is stylish, spunky, and will carry the basics without weight and while leaving your hands and arms free. While the white is crisp and chic, I'm partial to Bright Fuschia which will look so nice against neutrals, denim, black, white, and even summery shades like turquoise, yellow, and orange.
- Kate Spade ‘Cobble Hill – Small Toddy' Hobo – Like the Milly above, this is the only color on sale (less than $200) and like the Milly above, this is a classic bag in a statement shade that will go with everything. With a handle plus an adjustable crossbody strap, plenty of pockets, and a cheery papaya color, this is a bag that you will love and wear far past summer.
- Rebecca Minkoff ‘Mini Fringe Moto' Bucket Bag – If I didn't already have a small brown leather bucket bag, I'd be buying this in an instant. It's classic, but with a touch of fringe to keep it from looking ordinary. Available in a lilac so pale it's almost white (so gorgeous) and an almond color, both shades are great for summer but will transition beautifully into the cooler months. On sale for less than $180.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Large Dottie' Bucket Bag – I love the glossy black leather, the silver hardware, the minimalist feel. This is a bag that is an elegant classic and looks expensive… yet it's 40% off!
- Ted Baker London Leather Shoulder Bag – First glance, this looked like a sleek and elegant black leather shoulder bag. Then I checked out the metallic option and the description and realized it's essentially a large pouch-style clutch with a really nice removable handle. That's when I fell in love – how utterly perfect, especially for travel or desk to drinks!
- Phase3 Perforated Clutch – I love having clutches like this in my wardrobe for nights out, desk to drinks, and ways to glam up a simple outfit. In black or white, this under $35 bag will get a lot of use.
- Halogen Embossed Leather Envelope Clutch – This is another awesome clutch that will go with a ton and really make a statement. Even nice that it's real leather and under $50!
Blazers, Cardigans, and Jackets
These sales are such a good time to pick up that little jacket that can make a knit top and ankle pants look corporate friendly, ward off chill on a cool evening, or add style to jeans and a tank.
- Caslon Roll Sleeve Knit Blazer – One part blazer, one part sweatshirt. Less than $40 and can work for the office as well as the living room couch!
- BP. Lightweight Cotton Moto Jacket – In black or olive, this less than $35 jacket is the kind of thing that adds style to a simple shift dress or can be thrown over a floral sundress for a '90s vibe.
- Trouve Drape Front Knit Jacket – I have a lot of pieces from Trouve, and think they do a good budget-friendly alternative to Vince or Zara. This soft jacket has a flattering drape and moto vibe for less than $35.
- Sejour V-neck Cardigan (Plus Size) – A classic cardigan in black or red on sale 40% off; perfect for warm summer days and icy cold offices.
- Caslon Zip Pocket Open Jacket – I have this jacket in off-white and think it's so flattering, well-made, and stylish. Coral's a hot color this season and looks great come fall with olive, black, white, and denim. On sale for less than $40.
- Halogen ‘Esteem' Stretch Suit Jacket – At first I thought this was chambray, but it's a blue and white pattern that gives the effect of tweed for summer. This would look super sharp with white jeans or ankle pants, though would also look amazing with a pop of color like yellow or coral. 40% off.
- Halogen One Button Suiting Jacket – A classic black blazer (and there's plenty of different skirts and pants at Nordstrom to match this into a suit) under $100? Score! Regular and petite sizes available.
- Chelsea28 Open Front Fringe Cardigan – Cardigans like these are awesome, you can belt it and dress it up for the office or throw over a tee and jeans for the weekend. The fringe makes it look boho and cool even when you're rocking Day 3 hair and a hangover. On sale for less than $50.
- Chelsea28 ‘Easy' Crepe Blazer – Simple lines, no closures, 3/4 sleeves, this is a truly easy blazer to throw on and make anything look polished. On sale for $52.80.
- Caslon Linen Blend Stand-Collar Utility Jacket (Plus Size) – I love that it's linen so it's not hot, and it has give. Available in olive and navy at 40% off, this would look cute with shorts, ankle pants, jeans, wide leg linen pants, over dresses and more!
- Ellen Tracy Reverse Lapel Blazer – Still professional, but with a cool touch, this blazer will look great at the office but also with a cami and jeans for a night out. On sale for $71.96
- Ivanka Trump Peplum Panel One-Button Jacket – Don't let the peplum dissuade you, it's a layered detail, nothing Judy Jetson. This is another reverse-lapel jacket but in a soft pink
Sweaters, Knits, Blouses, and Other Tops
- Foxcroft Plaid Cotton Roll-Sleeve Shirt (Plus Size) – Foxcroft makes some of the best shirts for women; they flatter a woman's curves and are made with quality materials. This looks an awful lot like a Foxcroft shirt I have and wear all the time! On sale less than $40.
- Lucky Brand Paisley Embroidered Knit Top (Plus Size) – I love tops like this come summer. As easy as a tee, but with a bunch more style and interest. Both color options are great and the top is just a few coins over $35!
- Halogen Scoop Neck Woven Tank – I love tops like this. Wear with ankle pants and a necklace, under a suit jacket, tucked into a skirt, even with shorts and sandals. Since it's woven it won't stick to you in the heat and humidity. Four different prints, regular and petite sizes and less than $25.
- CeCe by Cynthia Steffe Pleated Keyhole Blouse – These sorts of tops are musts in an office environment come summer. This will look professional even without a layering piece, but will also look lovely under a blazer or cardigan. Four fantastic colors to choose from.
- Trouve V-Neck Sleeveless Silk Blouse – Another great sleeveless top that can dress up and down with ease! Eight colors and prints to choose from for less than $45.
- Vince Camuto Chiffon Overlay Top (Plus Size) – With skinny jeans (white, black, denim), it's an instant outfit because of the cool asymmetrical (and yes cool, not dorky sharkbite hem) style and awesome color. Add some gold jewelry and gold gladiator sandals!
- Foxcroft Linen Shirt – This is a steal for linen, and since it's Foxcroft I know it will be shaped nicely and not look like a paper bag. Regular and petite sizes and a couple colors to choose from.
- Foxcroft Linen Shirt (Plus Size) – Slightly different style and colors, but still Foxcroft and still the same great linen!
Shorts, Pants, and Skirts
- Caslon Chino Ankle Pants – Available in regular and petite sizes and a ton of colors, these are a wardrobe workhorse that can dress up and down with ease. On sale for less than $40.
- Sejour ‘Addison' Stretch Bermuda Shorts (Plus Size) – A flattering length, a ton of colors and prints to choose from, and on sale for less than $40.
- BP. Denim Midi Skirt – Have the desire to rock the '70s button-front denim skirt trend this summer? This skirt will let you and it's just a hair over $40.
- JAG Jeans ‘Peri' Straight Leg Jeans – Another item I own and love. JAG Jeans makes truly opaque white jeans that don't suffocate your thighs. These are the pull-on style which minimizes muffin top and also keeps a smooth look under fitted untucked knits. 40% off!
- JAG Jeans ‘Nora' Skinny Jeans – Want a slimmer silhouette? JAG sent me these and they're just as awesome as the Peri but with a skinny leg (sadly too skinny for my mega calves – they can get on, but they look painted on from shin to foot). Regular and petite sizes available.
- Halogen Skinny Stretch Twill Pants (Plus Size) – Navy ankle pants that will go with everything, and at a very nice price.
- Kut from the Kloth ‘Catherine' Boyfriend Shorts – Want to wear distressed denim shorts but don't want everything hanging out? These are for you. They're cool, they're slouchy, and they hit lower in the thigh for comfort and coverage.
- Caslon Distressed Stretch Crop Boyfriend Jeans – I ordered these while writing this post. I wanted a slimmer pair of distressed boyfriends I can wear with a tee or tank and my silver Birkenstocks. I'll be sure to review and let you know what I think, but the price is awesome and I love they have petite sizes!
- Sejour ‘Ela' Curvy Fit Pants (Plus Size) – Five colors, petite and standard plus sizes, and a classic cut that works year-round. On sale for $52.80.
Dresses and Jumpsuits
- BB Dakota ‘Phillipa' Stripe Ponte Dress – I love dresses like this; wear with sneakers, with ankle booties, with tights and tall boots come winter, wear under a denim or leather jacket… anyway it's a good dress and a good price.
- Karen Kane ‘Julie' Maxi Dress – I had this dress (see here) and it's super flattering.
- Charles Henry Chambray Shift – A great breezy summer dress that depending on your workplace, can also be styled for the office.
- Donna Morgan Chambray Trapeeze Dress – Another chambray dress, this one with more of a relaxed fit and flare shape that can dress up nicely or look great with Birks or sneakers at the farmers market. 45% off.
- Ellen Tracy Belted Print Jersey Dress – I think this print is so expensive and elegant, and Ellen Tracy dresses fit really nicely. Switch it up by removing the belt or adding a leather belt from your closet. 40% off.
- Halogen Zip Pocket V-neck A-line Dress – A pretty perfect dress that you can dress up and down. Regular and petite sizes, wrinkle resistant fabric, and POCKETS!
- Halogen Zip Pocket V-neck A-line Dress (Plus Size) – The same dress, but in two colors and more size options.
- Halogen Surplice V-neck Ponte Sheath – Another pretty perfect dress, available in red and black on sale for less than $65.
- Karen Kane Cascade Short Sleeve Wrap Dress – This is one of the most flattering dresses on the planet, and no worry about having to pin the neckline. In black and sort sleeves so you can wear now, it's on sale for less than $60.
- Karen Kane Cascade Long Sleeve Wrap Dress – Buy it now at the sale price to wear this fall. Five different colors available on sale for less than $65.
- Vince Camuto Wrap Dress (Plus Size) – The black and white speckle print works all seasons of the year and the fabric is travel-friendly. On sale for $71.40.
- Zella ‘Z6' Tee – I have this tee. I love this tee. I love that it comes in plus size as well as standard. I love the colors, it's lightweight, it's flattering, and it's under $18.
- Nike ‘Leg-A-See AOP' Leggings – I saw a woman wearing these very leggings in the LAX airport last week and they looked even cooler in person (though ladies, do not wear workout leggings with a man's hoodie and UGG boots to the airport, please no). On sale for less than $40.
- Zella ‘Fusion' Capris (Plus Size) – I love Zella, I love that they make quality reasonably priced activewear, and I love that they make plus size activewear that's pretty and fun. These capris are just that, and on sale 40% off.
- Columbia ‘Adcadia' Hooded Rain Jacket (Plus Size) – A great price for a great brand, and three colors to choose from. This is the kind of jacket that's good to own for a multitude of situations, I have one very similar I've had for years and wear often.
Underpinnings and Sleepwear
There's far more available than what I have listed here. Bras, panties, shapewear, hosiery, and more. It's worth taking a gander and filtering by your size to see if there's any other great deals!
- Halogen ‘No Show' Camisole – More and more sheer and cutout styles are coming down the runways, it's great to have a thin lightweight cami in your arsenal. Even better when it's on sale for for less than $14!
- Halogen ‘Now Show' Half Slip – It's smart to have a couple half and full slips in your lingerie drawer, especially when summer dresses and skirts can be so lightweight and sheer! Beige and black available.
- Natori ‘Shangri-La' Robe – I have this robe. I had it in XL in black but when I lost a lot of my baby weight, it was too big. I bought it in Large in red on Amazon, thinking it was a steal of a price for such an awesome robe. Nope, this is a better price.
- BCBGeneration ‘Pinni' Pump – A perfect pointed toe, 3″ slim heel pump in black leather that will go with everything. I know, I have a pair from Nine West of a now-discontinued style I wear like crazy. These are a perfect replacement and only $40.80.
- TUSCANY by Easy Street ‘Lauria' Sandal – Wedge slide sandals like these are summer mainstays; they look awesome with everything and are so easy and comfy. Narrow to Extra Wide, nine colors available, and less than $45!
- Seychelles ‘Into Thin Air' Huarache – My favorite shoes ever were a pair of teal suede wedges from Seychelles – so comfortable and the color was amazing. These look to be in the same teal suede color (also come in pink), and will be a nice pop of color with any outfit. Great for those who want breathability but don't want your heel or complete toes exposed.
- Vince Camuto ‘Evel' Sandal – This is very similar to the Effel I bought from Vince Camuto a couple years ago and wear. to. death. I wish I had a second pair for backup, they're so perfect. Three colors and wide widths available.
- BCBGeneration ‘Funky' Flat Sandal – A super classic sandal in four colors and gold metallic. This is the kind of sandal that looks awesome with a maxi dress to a garden wedding as well as a pair of Bermudas and a tee shirt at the grocery store. Less than $50.
- Nine West ‘Antonecia' Loafer – I want these for me, but I know they don't work with my personal style, my feet, my ankles. So if you can rock some slim-toe suede loafers with your ankle pants, boyfriend jeans, or shift dresses buy these and send me a photo so I can live vicariously through you!
- Nine West ‘About That' Gladiator Sandal – The thin straps and patent finish makes this a gladiator that could work in some offices or dress up for a daytime wedding. $51.90 and three colors available.
- Seychelles ‘Hazel' – Nordstrom calls these a peeptoe pump, but I think that's misleading. It has a thin ankle strap and open toe, it's more like a sandal with a wearable 2.5″ heel and comes in three colors. Click this link for the same shoe in three other color options. It's a year-round classic shoe and on sale for less than $60.
- Nine West ‘Jackpot' Pump – This is the pump I'm wearing in this outfit post. I think these shoes are really comfortable for the height. On sale for less than $60.
- Dr. Scholl's ‘Tenacious' Almond Toe Flat – A little less extreme than a pointed toe, but still elongating and more polished for the office. Available in metallic and bone to work with your summer wardrobe. On sale for less than $65.
- SARTO by Franco Sarto ‘Sierra' Block Heel Sandal – Another shoe I want you to buy so I can live vicariously through you. Reviews say narrow, and I need wide wide wide for sandals like this. But gosh it's pretty, I don't even know which of the colors I would choose if it would fit me!
There are plenty of other deals I didn't list because there weren't enough sizes left. But I encourage you to check out the sale, filter by your size, and find some amazing scores for summer and beyond!