This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Talbots invited me to check out their new arrivals with a focus on their fall pants selection. I was already eyeing Talbots Stretch Corduroy Flare Leg Pants after a recommendation by a member of the Wardrobe Oxygen Community, and I saw so many additional styles that I'd like to wear this season.
Those corduroy flare pants? They're so popular they were in stock when I requested a pair for this review, but by the time the order was received, they were again sold out (don't worry, they're back in stock). Just an example of how stylish and successful Talbots pants collection is this season.
I tried the Talbots Greenwich Pants in-store and loved how they were comfortable yet refined ponte, feeling like athleisure but looking polished enough for the workplace or a social occasion. And I personally liked the idea of a pair of straight-leg corduroys this fall. With the return to style classics (thank you Princess Diana nostalgia and Quiet Luxury), straight leg cords in ivory sounded pretty fantastic.
How to Style Ivory Corduroy Pants
The Talbots Stretch Corduroy Straight Leg Pants are available in 10 colors, and Misses, Petite, Plus, and Plus Petite sizing from 2-24. They are also available in a curvy fit. Not wanting these too tight, especially in a light color, I asked for these pants in a size 16 petite and am glad I went with this size.
I have been a Talbots fan and customer for decades and my closet shows it. This look is a mix of current and past Talbots pieces that all looked great together with the addition of the ivory stretch corduroy pants. The black turtleneck is a previous year's version of the Talbots Perfect Turtleneck. The topper is the Double Faced Wool Blend Duster currently available at Talbots; I am wearing it in Petite Large.
I was thrilled to see this duster matches the orange leather tote I got from Talbots at the beginning of this year; you can see me style it this past February. I have Talbots bags that are years old and still look stylish and have the quality to endure. This leather satchel in Talbots current collection looks like another fantastic bag that is on trend this fall and remain stylish for years to come.
The leopard calfhair belt I've owned for many years… it may be from Talbots from before my daughter was born! Talbots has two lovely leopard calfhair belts this season; this one accented with gold and this one with brown leather trim.
This is a version of an outfit I've worn for years, though usually it's styled with jeans. Switching out denim for ivory corduroy elevates the look and gives a dressier vibe. I envision a piece at least three ways before adding them to my wardrobe. Here are some other ways I thought of styling the Talbots Stretch Corduroy Straight Pants:
- With this denim boyfriend shirt. It can be worn untucked, bottom 1-2 buttons and top 2-3 buttons unbuttoned, or else tucked in, or a half tuck if you so desire. You can wear with loafers like these in any of the three colors or Chelsea boots like these (either color). For warmth, you could add this coatigan which gives me such a ‘Yellowstone' vibe.
- With this sweater in really any of the colors, but I personally would pick indigo. I'd tuck in the front from first belt loop to first belt loop and again I'd pick these Chelsea boots in black and would add this belt and these classic hoops.
- With this ribbed mockneck in ivory, and this sherpa shirt jacket over it. You can tuck in the mock neck or leave it out; a light-colored yet rugged boot like these would look good.
- With this cableknit funnelneck sweater also in ivory, the sweater left untucked. Style with these cool gold loafers and these mixed-metal earrings that are so of the moment.
- With this turtleneck in walnut and this longer cardigan open over it (digging the gold buttons for this season). Add this leopard belt for the most classic of pattern mixing, and these boots in dark brown.
- This tee in and of the shades of brown or ivory, with this jacket, and this scarf (as a scarf or a belt). You could also replace that tee with a graphic t-shirt in your wardrobe and for shoes you could rock your favorite sneakers.
- With this blazer. As for what goes underneath, it could be a lot of things. A graphic t-shirt, a Breton striped top, a denim shirt, a cashmere crewneck, or a turtleneck. For shoes, you could do any color of these suede loafers.
Why Consider Ivory Pants for Fall and Winter
Ivory is an elegant way to elevate your existing wardrobe. Corduroy is very on trend along with other cold-weather fabrics with texture like tweed and boucle, and also fits the classic vibe of this season. Machine wash and tumble dry low, you can feel comfortable wearing out for a coffee date and dribble your latte. Ivory looks great with other neutrals, but also looks stunning with neons, jewel tones, metallics, and icy pastels.