I’m not a big one for shopping a lot after the holidays. Often the sales are just trendy items that will be passé come spring. However, Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale often has some amazing gems that are great purchases for now and years to come. I did the work for you, going through the sale and picking out the best deals that won’t cause buyer’s remorse come the New Year. I focused on accessories as clothing has limited sizes for sale and is a bit more personal. However, the sale is worth a look – use my tips on how to shop a Nordstrom sale to narrow down the options!
- Clare V. Croc Embossed Clutch – I’m biased because I own this purse and love this purse and paid full price for this purse and don’t regret it. So buy it at 40% off and you’ll love it too!
- Leopard Calfhair Crosbody Bag – If I didn’t already own a leopard print calfhair crossbody bag, I’d buy this one. The color is perfect, the trim is real leather, it’s a wonderful size, and the price is insanely good!
- Red Leather Hobo – A gorgeous classic hobo in the perfect statement color that will go with everything in your closet. You’ll be amazed to find that a red bag is actually more versatile than a neutral, a bright spot in the winter yet still as chic in the warmer months. Even nicer that it’s 40% off!
- Tassel Leather Crossbody Bag – A classic color, classic shape, classic details, great reviews, and a great price especially for real leather! This is a bag you can use all year long.
- Crystal Mesh Clutch – Along with a pair of sparkly earrings, I recommend having a sparkly clutch on hand ready to elevate any look for evening. Heck, this bag will also be great with a silky top and jeans for a night out! This one is a great price and comes in three metallic colors that won’t look passé in a year or two (or five).
- Sequin Pattern Minaudière – This is a fantastic dressy bag, a classic shape, a beautiful pattern that will coordinate with so many colored outfits, and the 50% off price is astounding for the quality!
- Botkier Large Leather Hobo – A gorgeous classic shape of bag available in a gorgeous variety of colors. This bag gets great reviews and is an incredible low price under $200!
- Frye Leather Shopper – This bag is utterly gorgeous. The color, the finish, the shape, the hardware. I don’t need another leather tote but if I did I’d be buying this one! This is the ,kind of bag you could carry for decades and it would just look better with time.
- Nylon Crossbody Bag – If you’re looking for a great travel bag, this is it. A chic color, stain- and water-resistant fabric, a perfect size with plenty of pockets to organize all your essentials. All for less than $50!
- ALLSAINTS Convertible Bag – I have a bag from ALLSAINTS and it’s one of the nicest quality bags I’ve ever owned. This bag looks equally as lovely, but I love how it can convert from a shoulder bag to crossbody to backpack!
- Halogen Faux Fur Stole – This may seem like a silly purchase, but as a woman who owns two of these, one that is six years old, I think they’re a great wardrobe addition. I wear with simple black dresses, as a collar on coats and sweaters, sometimes just over the shoulder. And this one comes in two colors and the price is super duper nice.
- Halogen Cool Tiger Faux Fur Stole – This one is a bit longer, a bit more luxe, and the color is utterly gorgeous.
- Halogen Slouchy Cashmere Beanie – I have two of these. They’re soft, lightweight yet warm, and don’t give too bad of hat head. And again, the price is super nice.
- Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves – I have a pair from this brand that are about six years old and they still look fantastic. A pair of gloves like this will give you many many years of elegant warmth.
- Silk Lined Leather Gloves – From the same brand, but lined instead with silk and available in a nice variety of colors.
- Velvet Gloves – If leather isn’t your thing, how about some luxe velvet? These get great reviews and have a touchscreen feature so you don’t have to remove them to answer your phone!
- Cashmere Cardigan – Luxe cashmere, three colors to choose from, and a relaxed open-front style that will look great over a sheath dress, a knit top and pants, or your weekend loungewear. And how often can you find quality cashmere for less tan $75?
- Cashmere Wrap – For evenings on the couch watching The Crown (I just started this week!), flights and train rides, a cold office, or an extra layer under your coat this winter, you’ll find yourself constantly reaching for a wrap like this. And at this price how can you resist?
Scarves, Bandanas, and Pashminas
- Oversized Dot Scarf – This is a really classic yet statement pattern, a classic shape, a piece you could use for years. And come on, that price is sooo good?
- Nordstrom Pashmina – This is the same pashmina I have bought from Nordstrom many times over the years. The weight, the softness, the size, and style are utter luxe perfection. This color is really gorgeous, and a very nice price!
- Ted Baker Silk Scarf – Sales like these are when I stock up on little luxuries like silk scarves, cashmere, and leather. This is a gorgeous and classic silk scarf that will look chic with a Breton tee and jeans, tucked into the neckline of a leather jacket, or styled for the office. This print will flatter most wardrobes effortlessly. If that print isn’t your style, maybe this one also from Ted Baker would better fit your wardrobe!
- Kate Spade Silk Scarf – I love the nesting dolls pattern as well as the pink and red color combination. This is a beautiful scarf that can also be a conversation starter and the sale price is quite nice. Another beautiful one from Kate Spade is this silk scarf in watercolor hues featuring a map of part of Europe.
- Do you have hot sauce in your bag? Then you may like this silk scarf from Kate Spade. This silk bandana also from Kate Spade covered with hot peppers is right up my alley for topic but also color story!
- Tory Burch Silk Scarf – I love the letter design, this would be great for a teacher, writer, or anyone who loves the written word! What a great price for a popular designer and a silk scarf!
- Leopard Print Scarf – Do not be surprised if you see me wearing this in 2018. I love the drape, the fringe, the oblong length that can be thrown around a neck so effortlessly yet add drama to anything from a tee shirt and jeans to a sheath dress.
- Crystal Teardrop Earrings – If you don’t have a pair of dramatic sparkly earrings in your wardrobe, I recommend getting some. They can work wonders in taking your simple black dress and making them cocktail ready, to add some sparkle to a blouse and pants for a holiday party, to be that signature piece you wear for evening events. I’ve bought costume jewelry from this brand and find the price awesome for the quality. If you’d like a bit more drama, these from the same brand will bring it!
- Malibu Beaded Necklace – This multi-strand beaded necklace from Baublebar can bring a much-needed pop of color to outfits all year long. It’s hard to decide which color is better, for this price you can get both!
- Louise et Cie Kitten Heel Pump – A comfortable heel height, elegant pointed toe, tons of colors and patterns to choose from, and less than $60!
- Born Riding Boot – I know I said not to buy any more knee-high boots this year, but this one is sleek and the type that will look better with wear and tear. Don't style with a puffer vest, leggings, and a plaid shirt but styled with a slouchy cozy sweater and skinny Ponte pants, or a '70s-inspired midi skirt and sweater would look amazing with these.
- Sperry Saltwater Boots – A classic duck boot available in eight different colors, and right now at an awesome low price.
- Marc Fisher Chelsea Boot – I love the sleek streamlined cut and pointed toe of these boots, they'd be perfect with jeans or even to the office. Six colors to choose from too!
- Halogen Heeled Ankle Bootie – I ordered these in red suede and my feet were just a bit too wide for them. However, they're really lovely in person, a sophisticated silhouette, tons of colors to choose from, and the price is pretty amazing.
- Willomenia Bootie – I have a pair of booties from L'Amour des Pieds and they are some of the most comfortable and well made shoes I own. I just adore how these are practical with a reasonable heel and classic black, but have such funky details that transcends trends.
- Louise et Cie Ankle Heel Pump – This is an elegant shoe and the ankle strap adds interest and stability. No surprise I love the leopard print, but all the options are beautiful (and so is the price).
- Jeffrey Campbell Loafer – These shoes may not look practical, but they're well made, cool looking, a comfortable height, and will elevate any look from weekend jeans to work trousers. The dark red will go with more than you would think and the white is a way to make your current wardrobe look more modern.
- SARTO Penny Loafer – A classic pump in modern finishes, and it gets great reviews too!
- Wonders Loafer Pump – Another loafer in that black cherry color that is so chic and will transform your current closet.
- Dr. Scholl's Pointed Toe Loafer – These are surprisingly chic, super comfortable, and versatile. I'm partial to the nude leather for now and into spring, though all the colors are fantastic.
- Naturalizer Pointy Toe Pump – A classic pump in a flattering shape, available in multiple widths and four perfect neutral shades.
- Trotters ‘Paulina' Pump – If you prefer a lower heel, these are utter perfection, multiple colors, and a great low price.
- Aquatalia Block Heel Pump – A commuter's dream, this pump has a walkable height block heel and is completely weatherproof!
- Summit Oxfords – Stellar reviews, fabulous colors and finishes, and an elegant Oxford/brogue to go with all of your looks three seasons of the year.
- Botkier Block Heel Sandal – While few live where they can wear such an open shoe this time of year, I find this shoe so festive and fun, timeless, and a comfortable heel. I can't decide which option I like best!