Monday – Ballerina Skirt with Stripes

Tee – Lands' End Canvas (similar)
Skirt eBay
Shoes – Halogen “Payton” (similar)
Bag HOBO The Original “Finch”
Necklace and Ring – c/o Kristin Biggs, Stella & Dot
Sunglasses Marc by Marc Jacobs

Now honestly, Alison, do you REALLY need a tulle ballerina skirt? Nope. However, I have been really wanting one for a long time and wishing I never sold the black one I had from Express circa 1999. When I saw this one on eBay for such a sweet price, I decided to treat myself. Eh, it's not the best made item. While it says one size fits most, I think it only fits comfortably up to a size 10. The elastic waistbands twists, the slip inside is very fitted and sheer, it's not nearly as full as the photo, but it's fun. I think I will like it with my black blazer and think come winter it would be fun with a fitted boatneck or turtleneck sweater.

Follow Me | Twitter | Facebook

37 Comments

1. Arielle Kostan
    June 27, 2013 / 5:26 pm

I have exactly that skirt *and* that top. But it would have never ocurred to me to put them together! Bless you for sharing this inspired look. ♥ ~Ari @ http://ever-belle.blogspot.com/

2. June 15, 2012 / 2:25 am

I’m clearly behind on my blog reader, but I am excited about your gorgeous skirt. I have been longing for one after seeing Sal’s. But we just got a new kitten, so I may have put off a tulle purchase just a bit longer 😛

3. Lynne DeVenny
    June 14, 2012 / 10:24 pm

4. Erindelahunty
    June 12, 2012 / 12:19 pm

Long, long, long-time reader. Very rare commenter. BEST. OUTFIT. EVER. You somehow manage to look like comfy, gorgeous and like YOU in a ballerina skirt. How is that possible? Because you’re fab. That is all. 🙂

5. Erindelahunty
    June 12, 2012 / 8:19 am

6. June 7, 2012 / 3:02 am

Ladylike + casual + pattern mix = awesome!

7. June 7, 2012 / 1:47 am

I love the knotted tee, it is an unexpected twist (literally!). I think everyone should have a skirt like this in their closet, just because!

8. June 6, 2012 / 9:47 pm

9. ONEWEIRDWORD
    June 6, 2012 / 7:50 pm

Alison, I think everyone needs a tulle ballerina skirt <3

10. ONEWEIRDWORD
    June 6, 2012 / 3:50 pm

Alison, I think everyone needs a tulle ballerina skirt <3

11. June 5, 2012 / 1:17 pm

I love the classics all together here in mainly monochrome. Princess skirt, stripe top, pearls and leopard. A winning outfit from head to toe!

12. June 5, 2012 / 9:17 am

13. June 5, 2012 / 2:34 am

You look so beautiful in these pictures! Those stripes perfectly fit on you! And your necklace is very fabulous!

14. Laurice
    June 4, 2012 / 10:34 pm

15. June 4, 2012 / 10:22 pm

Hey Alison! You’re looking a little like Carrie Bradshaw! Love that skirt and necklace!

16. June 4, 2012 / 6:22 pm

17. June 4, 2012 / 7:56 pm

The stripes with the  tulle is so pretty! I have a black one I got super cheap off ebay that’s one size fits all and I feel the same way about it!

18. June 4, 2012 / 3:56 pm

19. Emma Yamada
    June 4, 2012 / 7:40 pm

You have definitely inspired me! I have a light pink tutu skirt and was unsure of what to do with it as to not look too cutesy and a striped top is the answer! Love this and will definitely try it!

20. Emma Yamada
    June 4, 2012 / 3:40 pm

21. June 4, 2012 / 7:14 pm

I disagree, Allie… I DO think you needed this skirt. It’s adorable and I love that you grounded it with strong stripes and threw in a little leopard. One my fave looks of yours so far.

22. June 4, 2012 / 3:14 pm

23. June 4, 2012 / 3:28 pm

My favorite part of your outfit (which is fantastic, btw)? The expression on your face in the first shot!

24. DC Celine
    June 4, 2012 / 11:28 am

25. ashemischief
    June 4, 2012 / 3:24 pm

“do you REALLY need a tulle ballerina skirt? Nope.”
    I try not to be someone who corrects others often, but I’m pretty sure the answer to that is HELL-FRACKIN-YEAH. 😉

This outfit is so fabulous– I could see myself doing one very similarly, from the striped top to contrasting leopard shoes. LOVE IT.

26. June 4, 2012 / 11:24 am

“do you REALLY need a tulle ballerina skirt? Nope.”

• November 3, 2012 / 2:11 pm

I agreed. I absolutely need a tulle ballerina skirt! They’re kind of the best thing ever. (Although I’m sad that this one only fits up to a size 10, because it’s so gorgeous and so cheap. Someone needs to start making plus-size cheap-ass ballerina skirts, because I’d totally buy one in every color.)

27. June 4, 2012 / 3:22 pm

The skirt looks fantastic on you! Love the addition of the pearl necklace to this look. You look so pretty.

28. June 4, 2012 / 11:22 am

29. June 4, 2012 / 3:10 pm

You just made my craptastik day a little better! I’ve always wanted one of these skirts! You look great!

30. June 4, 2012 / 11:10 am