This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you have wide feet, it can feel impossible to find stylish footwear. As someone with wide feet, I feel your pain but have learned to find the best places for truly stylish wide width shoes. Below I share my favorites that are currently available online with some styling tips. I also offer tips for shopping for stylish wide width shoes and look forward to reading any tips you have in the comments below!
Truly Stylish Wide Width Shoes in a Variety of Styles: My Picks
Below, I have broken down my picks of truly stylish wide width shoes into categories so you can easily scroll to what you are looking for. Work or play, summer or winter, I have suggestions and will update this post periodically as retailers change their selections with the seasons.
Stylish Wide Width Sandals
While I can usually find a decent selection of wide width fall and winter boots and shoes, I struggle to find truly stylish wide width flat sandals for everyday wear during the summer. I've learned to focus on simple, classic styles that transcend trends and let my outfit shine. Below are some options I've found:
- Leopard slides with buckle detail: While I love the leopard print with the black buckle, this slide sandal from Sam Edelman comes in a variety of other colors.
- Silver thong sandals: These highly-rated flat sandals from Sam Edelman come in a variety of colors and skin prints.
- Brown leather braided sandals: I actually ordered these exact sandals from David Tate last summer and thought they looked very expensive in person, but were just a bit wrong of a shape for my wide feet with short toes. But they would be perfect for everything from linen trousers to sundresses and look chic with jeans as the temps drop.
- Black thong sandals: Clean style with subtle gold detail, this sandal from ASOS will go with most everything in your summer wardrobe.
- Zebra and black leather ankle strap sandals: A super chic gladiator-inspired sandal from 27 Edit will look so chic with everything from chino shorts to maxi dresses.
- Cognac leather croco-embossed sandals: I have had a lot of success with Bella Vita sandals, the brand that makes this simple yet chic slide available in four different colors.
- Navy sandals with leather detail: The navy part of this sandal from VANELi is actually stretchy offering a custom fit and support. Available in six colors.
- Gold leather sandals: Elegant and classic, these sandals from Salvatore Ferragamo are an investment, but one that will provide many years of stylish wear.
- Tan croco-embossed gladiator sandals: Also from the shoe brand Bella Vita, this gladiator sandal comes in five colors and four widths.
- Yellow flat sandals: Athletic details plus a memory foam footbed makes this sandal from Sava perfect for travel and long days on your feet. Available in three colors.
Fun and Stylish Wide Width Shoes
Not all wide width shoes are boring, though it may seem like that from first glance at department store selections. Below I collected a few wide width shoes that are plenty of fun:
- Red velvet bow mules: These mules from ASOS would be so pretty peeking out of a pair of jeans or styled with your favorite dress or power pantsuit!
- Camel padded heeled mules: Who says wide-width feet can't be on trend? These mules from ASOS are very current and at a nice price for your wallet.
- Blue colorblock sandals: Add a pop of color to any look with these sandals from Iman's line for HSN. Available in four color combinations.
- Tan and black zebra sandals: With a fierce block heel and ankle strap, these statement sandals from Sam Edelman will perfect any look. Available in nine different colors and finishes.
- Green velvet Mary Jane flats: A sweet shoe at a sweet price; these flats from ASOS are adorable and also under $30.
- Tropical print mules: Available in two fun prints that tie into a bow detail on top, these heeled mules from J. Reneé are the perfect pop for spring and summer neutrals.
- Pink floral bow-front mules: Feminine and fun, these mules from Margaux come in a variety of color/print combinations.
- Rainbow slingback pumps: Rock a rainbow wave with these fun slingback pumps from J. Reneé.
- Rose gold glitter pumps: Fun, fashionable, and comfortable, these sparkly pumps from ALLY NYC are perfect for a fun night out as well as a formal event.
- Zebra calfhair pumps: A block heel makes these chic pumps from Margaux more comfortable and more on trend.
- Floral jacquard mules: A vintage-inspired print with sparkly embellishment, these shoes from ASOS would look amazing with tweed work trousers or your favorite denim.
- Green snakeskin heeled sandals: Also available in a variety of other colors and metallics, these heels from Good American are chic and versatile.
- Rainbow glitter pumps: I should have included these in my rainbow fashion blog post! How fun are these sparkly heels from Nina shoes?
Stylish Wide Width Tall Boots
When shopping for wide width tall boots, you often are sent to options for wide calf boots. I know this is two separate needs; some with wide feet do not have wide calves and vice versa. These styles are specifically designed for those who need a wide width shoe.
I also know that it is hard to find stylish wide width tall boots because they are often over-decorated with buckles and flourishes and glazes. Below are truly stylish wide width boots that have all the style that are found in standard widths.
- Croco-embossed high heel boot: This sophisticated leather dress boot from Vince Camuto has a 4″ heel and pointed toe for classic style. This boot comes in eight colors and two widths.
- Black block heel knee-high boot: Available in both wide and double-wide widths, this classic buttery soft leather boot from La Canadienne is waterproof and has a memory foam insole for comfort.
- Burgundy leather tall flat boot: This is a classic riding boot that will provide years of stylish wear. From Franco Sarto, this boot is available in two widths and three colors.
- Brown tall shaft flat boot: this boot, also from Vince Camuto, is available in two colors and is the perfect finishing touch to midi skirts, leggings, and skinny jeans.
- Brown leather over the knee flat boot: Taking the riding boot trend and giving it a taller shaft to go over the knee, this leather boot from Franco Sarto has a 16″ shaft and comes in four colors.
- Beige suede slouchy boot: With a 3.5″ stacked heel and pointed toe, this stylish boot from Vince Camuto comes in two colors and is perfect over trousers, skinny jeans, and styled with a variety of skirts and dresses.
- Cognac leather riding boot: Classic sophistication from Sam Edelman, this boot has been a perennial favorite for years for its versatility and style. Available in four colors.
- Black over the knee heeled boots: An on-trend look from Good American, this stretch suede boot comes in two colors and will add drama to dresses as well as leggings and slouchy sweaters.
Stylish Wide Width Ankle Boots
When shopping for wide width ankle boots, the selection often skews into the comfort/practical realm which is great for foot issues, but not so great when you're seeking truly stylish wide width shoes. When your ankle boot goal is style and fashion, check out the selections below:
- Cognac Chelsea boots: Elegant and classic, this Chelsea boot from Clarks is sleek and sophisticated and available in three colors.
- Green combat boots: With a lace-up front and side zipper, these badass boots from ASOS will give you the current trend in a fun color with plenty of room for your tootsies.
- Red ankle boots: Plenty of architecture, style, and a pop of red to update your wardrobe. These ankle booties from RAID are modern and budget-friendly.
- Black suede sock booties: I love a sock bootie to winterize ankle pants and jeans and they also slip under leggings and jeggings quite nicely. These booties from 27 Edit will be a welcome addition to your wardrobe.
- Pewter snakeskin ankle boots: A bit of shine will add texture and drama to most any ensemble. These ankle boots from Marc Fisher is available in nine different colors and textures.
- White and gray snakeskin ankle boots: With Western-inspired details, this ankle boot with a v-cutout is from Franco Sarto and comes in three colors.
- Cognac lace-up platform bootie: This on-trend lace-up bootie from Naturalizer would work great with this spring's wide-leg pants and jeans as well as midi and maxi dresses.
- White woven heeled boots: Mod and also modern, this trendy ankle boot from Simmi London will add a fresh spin to your wardrobe.
- Forest green heeled ankle boots: These slip-on boots from Glamorous have an elastic gusset will add style and flair to everything from skinny jeans to shift dresses
- Leopard calfhair kitten heel boots: An elegant style and walkable heel makes this slip-on ankle bootie from Clarks a great choice for work or play. While I love the leopard print, it also comes in three other color/texture options.
- Glen plaid lace-up boots: How cool are these plaid lace-up boots from Naturalizer? Style with kick-flare jeans, work trousers, and with tights and dresses.
Stylish Dressy Wide Width Shoes
I think the style of shoe that is the absolute hardest to find is truly stylish wide width shoes appropriate for dressy and more formal occasions. While many of the companies that create dyable shoes for bridal and formal events offer wide widths, the shoes aren't usually on trend or even that comfortable. Below are some great options of dressy wide width footwear:
- Bone linen strappy heels: With a subtle metallic finish, these heels from Paradox will go with everything from pastel cotton sheath dresses to glamourous silk gowns.
- Gold ankle strap kitten heels: A classic style at a budget-friendly price, these gold heels from Glamorous will work year-round for all your special occasions.
- Patent leather bow flats: Who says formal shoes have to have heels? These flats from ASOS would look lovely peeking out from wide-leg silk trousers, or with a Lady Tux, or even with a fit and flare style dress.
- Red satin peeptoe pumps: Available in 11 different colors, this open-toe pump from Nina is a classic that works with so many formal looks. Don't feel you need to match your dress, this shoe is available in some of the best colors to be an accent or pop to your dressy ensemble.
- Champagne crystal-accent heeled sandals with ankle strap: Up the glam factor with bling and satin heels from Blue by Betsey Johnson. These shoes are available in three colors.
- Black patent heeled sandal: A wardrobe workhorse; this heeled sandal from Naturalizer's block heel makes it comfortable for longer spans of time and also makes it work with linen trousers as well as silk gowns.
- Jewel-encrusted ankle strap D'Orsay pump: How utterly fun are these heels from J.Renée? Sparkling crystals create a dazzling butterfly at the pointed toe of a glamorous ankle-strap pump.
- Soft gold ankle strap block heel sandal: A walkable heel height and a subtle metallic make these sandals from Naturalizer a great shoe year-round for pants for a night out or all your dressy frocks. Also available in soft silver, blush, black leather, and black patent.
- Blue velvet heels: A sweet statement shoe; these heels from ASOS will add glamour to everything from vintage jeans to a ballgown.
- Silver sparkly pumps: A glitzy textured fabric makes these pumps from Sam Edelman appropriate for day and evening dressy affairs. Also available in five work-friendly colors and finishes.
- Soft silver crystal-embellished low block heel sandals: Just as dressy as many of the higher heels in this collage, but with a low block heel that is more enjoyable to wear for a night of dancing. These dressy shoes from Blue by Betsey Johnson come in four different colors.
- Soft gold pumps: A lower heel than the previous pumps shown in this collage, this shoe from Nina comes in nine colors and fabrics and most of them are formal or glitzy.
- Silver metallic ankle strap heel: Also available in green python and black satin, these sexy strappy heels from Good American add a glam factor to any look.
- Black embellished flats: Chic and comfy, these highly-rated embellished flats from Badgley Mischka are perfect with dresses and trousers.
The Best Places to Shop Stylish Wide Width Shoes
Over the years I have learned of the best retailers and brands for truly stylish wide width shoes. Below are my favorites:
- Nordstrom: If you want to shop a variety of brands and have options from sneakers to stilettos, Nordstrom should be the first place you shop for wide width shoes. While Nordstrom carries many comfort brands and utilitarian styles for everyday and activities, they have a great collection of boots, heels, trendy styles for a night out, and sophisticated options for the workplace. You can filter by size, width, and pricepoint.
- Macy's: Macy's is a sleeper hit for wide width shoes, offering several popular brands but also offering stylish wide width shoes from their in-house brands.
- ASOS: Whatever style is on the pages of the magazines or all over Instagram, there's a good chance that ASOS has it and it's available in wide widths. While ASOS is my go-to for trendy shoes in wide widths, ASOS is also fantastic for dress shoes (my favorite black strappy heels are ASOS) as well as loafers and other work shoes (like these aqua suede loafers I got from the retailer)
- Maryland Square: While Maryland Square isn't where I'd go seeking stylish wide width shoes, it is one of the best places on the internet for wide width shoe selection. And between the shoes that are wonderful for support and fit and comfort, there are some that are also quite chic.
- HSN: HSN has one of the largest selections of wide width shoes. If you see a style you like elsewhere, check HSN before you click buy as they may have more colors to choose from, plus they offer “as is” versions for much less.
What Brands Make Truly Stylish Wide Width Shoes?
While I have found truly stylish wide width shoes from a variety of retailers, these are the one I consistently rely on season after season for on-trend footwear in wider widths:
- ALLY NYC: I have done an ALLY NYC pumps review and an ALLY NYC flats review and I continue to love this small woman-owned footwear brand. Available in a variety of widths as well as half and quarter sizes, designed to accommodate bunions and be comfortable all day, these are high-quality, beautifully crafted shoes designed with a podiatrist that are classic, sophisticated, and comfortable.
- Margaux: My Margaux Uptown Sandals continue to be the most comfortable dress shoes I have ever worn (read my Margaux Uptown Sandal review). Margaux shoes are available in four widths and sizes 3-14.
- Bella Vita: If you have extra wide feet and struggle to find sandals that fit and don't look clunky or frumpy, check out Bella Vita. While some of their styles are a bit… dated, I have found many simple, classic, and chic styles in extra wide widths that have been stylish and comfortable.
- Naturalizer: Naturalizer is my absolute favorite retailers for well made stylish wide width shoes. Over the years, I have worn Naturalizer shoes for work, for play, for fashion events, and formal events. While Naturalizer is sold at most department stores, they often have more size offerings on their website.
- Vionic: Vionic shoes is another brand I regularly shop for stylish wide width shoes. Not only do they make great shoes, but their shoes are also supportive and often have great technology built in. Again, while Vionic is sold at many retailers you may find the best selection on their website.
- Nina Shoes: While I featured several styles from Nina Shoes above and you can find them at most department stores, the best selection for this footwear brand is on their website where they have a whole category for wide width shoes.
Thanks, Alison for the great information that you share here. Maybe I became your permanent reader because I read some of your articles here and found them very informative and helpful.
Can you also share information like this regarding flat feet ?
I was thrilled to find this site as I have “gifted” feet. Thank you so much for a comprehensive review.
Allie I remember you used to like Duo Boots before they became Ted & Muffy & then went under, right? May I ask how did you find their range to be for wide width feet?
Because I just saw some boots from them pop up the other day & it looks like they’re back, even during a global pandemic – with both their original name & wide range of calf measurements! I’ve not ordered from them before but was just wondering whether you’d recommend them for both wide feet & wide calves?
Alison Gary says
When they came back as DUO, I didn’t find the fit to be the same or as extensive. And then they reached out asking for my old photos of boots they don’t even carry anymore to use on their social without any recognition or payment. I replied and said that was problematic and it was also problematic that they had only one Black person in their feed for over a year and it was a blogger’s photo, they didn’t use Black models. That was back in early summer. I didn’t hear from them again. They may have a new social person, they may have improved their size and fit range, but I haven’t checked it out recently. If you try them, do report back and let me know if they are worth featuring again.
I used to swear by Stuart Weitzman for wide widths but since their acquisition by Coach a few years back their wides seem smaller (customer service even said they’ve had complaints)….
Love to know how the Ferragamo wides fit??
Alison Gary says
I haven’t tried Ferragamo myself, but have a reader who has C-D width feet and loves them.
Thanks for the information here! I want to HIGHLY recommend WideWidths.com for tall boots for people with fuller calves. Gorgeous leathers and suede and almost like a custom boot. I’ve been super happy with them because sometimes the brands above say they are wide calf, but they are barely 16 inches. Just in case you want to check out another brand. Thanks!
Alison Gary says
Yes, they are great for wide calf boots! I have shopped there in the past and their service is phenomenal! Here are more stylish wide calf boots over 16″ https://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/the-best-stylish-wide-calf-boots/
Thank you for doing this post.
Your wide width reader
You might want to check out Walking Cradles too. They have not only W but also WW and up to size 13. I wouldn’t say all of their styles are stylish and my favorites, but I have a boatload of them in my closet.
I can connect you with my contact if you’re interested. My readers have really appreciated the brand.
Did I miss your explanation of feet spreading during this time? Do you mean due to weight gain, being shoeless, or something else?
Alison Gary says
It’s from not wearing shoes or wearing Birkenstocks, slippers, and the sort which allows the foot to spread. I’ve been trying to get some good data to write about it, the sites I’ve found I don’t want to link to (spammy).
Another grateful wide-width foot here! I’ve always experienced what I call “Summer Feet” – my feet are definitely wider in the late summer than other times of the year. I’ve attributed it to wearing sandals and less structured shoes in the summer as well as humidity.