I Think I Figured it Out!

This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. 

Blue cheese. Those who are allergic to mold and such are often allergic to things like blue cheese. Recently I have been eating every day for breakfast, oatmeal with blue cheese, some hot sauce and pepper. May sound disgusting to many, but for me I love it and look forward to it. I also often put gorgonzola or blue cheese in my lunchtime salad. I have always liked this kind of cheese, but only int he past month or two have I been consuming it almost daily.

It reminds me of college where after a night on the town, the next morning my neck would be swollen and stiff and I would feel swollen under my arms. My doctor said it was the large quantity of yeast I was consuming in the beers. Since college I haven't drank such large quantities of beer at one time so I forgot about that problem.

One week until i see the doctor, one week to go blue cheese-free. Today i haven't had any… let's see if taking it out of my diet will heal me!


  1. February 20, 2007 / 1:41 pm

    It may take 3 weeks to get the dairy totally out of your system, so be sure and give it a good try to find out for sure.

  2. February 17, 2007 / 3:20 pm

    hope it works and you are feeling better soon, my lovely.

  3. February 17, 2007 / 5:00 am

    Oh great! You finally solved the mystery! 🙂

  4. February 16, 2007 / 4:34 pm

    People who have issues with blue cheese are also likely to have problems with mushrooms and red wine (again, fungus related), so might want to give some thought to the other tings in your diet that you might be reacting to.

    Hope that helps!

  5. February 16, 2007 / 12:55 am

    Hmmmm. Are you going to stop eating it and see how you feel in a week or so?
    D and I lived in an apartment that had a mold problem which we did not discover until a good 7 months into living there. During that time we suffered from daily headaches, rashes, and irritated eyes. We even switched laundry detergents and like you, got pillow coverings and skin friendly products. For the longest time we both thought we had lingering colds. It was the mold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

powered by chloédigital