For me, every summer is spent in dresses. Breezy one-piece dressing is my jam, I wear bike shorts underneath for modesty and to prevent chub rub, throw on some sandals, maybe a necklace if I’m feeling fancy, and head out to the farmer’s market, to run errands, a cookout or most anything on my schedule. For work, I’ll top with a cardigan to adhere to dress code and battle the arctic breeze from the A/C.
But it’s hard to find such dresses. They’re too short, the neckline plunges too much, and more often than not they can’t be worn with a standard bra. So when I find one that fits the bill I get excited… and I of COURSE have to share it with you!
Meet my new summer dress, the Old Navy Cross-Front Dress. What makes it great:
- Solids and prints available, and they are wearable classic colors and prints!
- Knee-length and maxi length versions available
- Regular, petite, and tall lengths (I bought the exact dress pictured above in Large Petite)
- Straps that cover a standard bra in front, and in back
- Front not too low (I did pin it closed, some may prefer a camisole)
- Plenty of room for my bust
- Machine washable (I did gentle cycle in a lingerie bag and hung to dry)
- Faux wrap waistband so it won’t loosen
- Lots of coverage in the wrap for modesty even on a windy day
- Less than $40.00
- Makes my curvy figure look great!
Have you tried this dress? What do you think? Have you found any perfect summer dresses, if so share with us in the comments!