This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lands' End is my secret for summer style. Sure, they have some of the best bathing suits, but they also have pretty amazing fashion especially for the warmer months. Find me at the farmer's market, a backyard barbecue, or running errands at the mall and it's likely at least one thing I'm wearing is Lands' End. Lands' End Friends & Family is taking place through May 15 where you get 40% off full-price items, below I share my picks for women's apparel, swim, bags, and a bit of home goods that are part of this sale.
To save 40% at Lands' End through the 15th, use the promo code JOY and PIN 5135.
Lands' End dresses are awesome. I have some that are a decade old and still look like new. Wear it on vacation, shove it dirty and damp at the bottom of your suitcase, bring home and throw in the washer and dryer and it will come out like new.
- The Lands' End Sleeveless Fit and Flare Dress is a classic. I own two of them and they are the most worn dresses I own for summer. Made of a jersey that isn't too heavy but isn't thin and clingy, it has a wrap bodice that flatters the bust without showing too much, goes in at the waist without being tight, flares out without being too cutesy, and ends at the perfect point near your knee to be cute and flattering without being too short. The only thing missing from this dress is pockets, if it had pockets I'd likely wear it every day from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- This link has the dress in four patterns, in sizes regular, petite, tall and plus. I am partial to the Dark Balsam Leaf Print which looks tropical without being too trendy, can be worn with sneakers and a denim jacket or dressed up with nude-to-you delicate sandals and pearls. Less than $60 for regular sizes before the discount.
- This link has it in two bandana-inspired prints. Again, available in Regular, Petite, Tall, and Plus and same price as the previous dress.
- This link has it in a very pretty orchid-colored print in Regular, Petite, Tall, and Plus sizes.
- And this link has the same dress in four solids. I have this dress in navy and this will be my third summer wearing it and loving it. Again, comes in the broad size range and this one is $5 less than the printed dresses.
- Lands' End's Sleeveless Knit Surplice Maxi Dress is another classic. I do not own this dress… yet. I never got it because I had some other jersey maxis. However, I am a different size this summer and may get one. My sister and several friends have this dress and love it.
- This link takes you to the dress available in five different prints. They're all nice but I'm drawn to the Light Watermelon Sorbet Floral which looks so summery and the pretty pattern will look dressy even with flip flops and beach hair. Regular, petite, and tall sizes and it's less than $80 before the promo.
- This link has four of the same prints, but available in plus sizes.
- This link has the dress in a navy and white stripe. Regular, petite, and tall sizes for $79.95 before the promo.
- This link has the dress in plus size in black and a gorgeous pink color. Also $79.95 before the Friends & Family discount.
- And this link is the same two colors of solid dress but in Regular, Petite, and Tall sizes.
- Another Lands' End dress I've owned is their elbow sleeve ponte sheath dress. Wear it to the office in the fall with a cardigan or blazer and boots. In the warmer months pair with pumps. Wear to a day wedding with a statement necklace and heeled sandals. Style it for a casual affair with sneakers or sandals. I've dressed it up with a skinny belt, tied a scarf at my throat, worn under a denim jacket and a long waterfall cardigan. All this and it's machine washable!
- This link has the dress in three solid colors and in Regular, Petite, Tall, and Plus sizes.
- This link has the same dress, but in a few different prints. Again it comes in Regular, Petite, Tall, and Plus sizes.
- I own this striped dress. It's a bit heavier, but it's not clingy and it doesn't shrink even in the dryer. It comes in Regular, Petite, and Plus sizes.
- I've had sleeveless shirt dresses from Lands' End before, and this one looks just as great. It gets great reviews, comes in two prints, and Regular, Petite, and Plus sizes.
- Here's the perfect travel dress. Made of matte jersey it won't wrinkle, and dresses up and down with ease. Wear with sandals for sight-seeing, heels for a nice dinner. Only regular sizes available, less than $70 before the 40% discount.
- Another easy summer dress is the Flutter Sleeve Surplice Dress. A faux wrap style with loose and breezy sleeves and shape, this can also dress up and down with ease and be a travel favorite.
- This link has the dress in two pretty patterns. Regular, Petite, and Plus sizes.
- This link has it in seven different solid colors. Regular, Petite, Plus, and Tall sizes.
Lands' End is a great place to find quality shorts that are longer lengths and comfortable fits.
- I think a 5″ short is a flattering length on many. Long enough to cover (and not ride up when you walk), but not so long it can shorten the leg line. I have a pair of Lands' End's Mid Rise 5″ chino shorts and like them very much.
- Many prefer a bit more length, and 7″ is a great option that is still flattering.
I've been buying Lands' End swimwear for decades, and now I also buy it for my daughter. It is high quality, well-designed, and there's so many sizes so you can find the perfect fit. I love that they offer so much variety in their separates – at Lands' End you can find plus sizes, large-cup sizes, slimming, maternity, mastectomy. and sun protection. Rash guards, shorts, petite, tall, plus, and tall plus are all available. When writing this post Lands' End had over 400 options for women's swimwear; I share a few below but it's worth a search of the whole collection.
- I think this bandeau one-piece suit is so chic. It looks like a designer suit that would cost at least twice.
- Another gorgeous suit that looks designer and is available up to a size 18.
- This swimsuit is worth a closer look. First glance, it's a tank suit, but if you examine it, you'll see there's strategic rouching to flatter the figure, underwire to support your bust, and Slendertex fabric to suck you in. Regular, Petite, Long, Plus, and Long Plus sizes.
- I have one of Lands' End Tugless Tank Suits and they're awesome. Cute, but also functional enough to play in the surf or swim laps. I love it in this black and white knot pattern, this magenta and navy pattern, and then in solids.
- I mentioned previously that I have this bandeau top from Lands' End. This link has regular sizes up to DDD, this link has plus sizes up to G. This top will go with all the different styles of swim bottoms that Lands' End carries.
- If you're looking for a suit with more coverage, this slender tunic style is really beautiful.
- I think this tankini top is adorable and genius. Softcup bra and shirring supports and flatters the bust, shaping fabric to slim, adjustable straps, and a longer length that provides stylish coverage. Pair with any of the bottoms Lands' End carries; this one is high waisted and also has tummy control.
- I adore this plus size midkini top. Offering more coverage than a bikini, yet still sassy and in a gorgeous mix of colors and comes in plus and DD sizes. Here is the link to the matching high-waisted bottom.
Lands' End is a great resource for high-quality t-shirts and knits. Available in a rainbow variety of colors, their knits can survive the dryer and years of wear without fading or falling apart.
- If you're looking for a casual everyday t-shirt, Lands' End's Relaxed Supima line is perfect. The crewneck is only $19.95 before the 40% off promo, and comes in 12 colors and sizes for Regular, Petite, Tall, Plus, and Petite Plus. The v-neck comes in the same colors and sizes, and is the same price.
- Their Shaped Cotton T-Shirts are awesome. Not too tight, but a great shape that looks good tucked in under a blazer or cardigan or left out over jeans or shorts. The crewneck comes in eight colors and Regular, Petite, Tall, Plus, and Petite Plus for just $15.50. The v-neck comes in three classic colors. The scoopneck is $19.50 and comes in eight colors.
- The Lands' End Cotton Tank is a perfect layering piece but also is fit to look great on its own. 12 colors, Regular, Petite, Tall, and Plus sizes and only $15.50.
- Their Cotton Linen shirts are pretty great for summer – nice and breezy, great tied at the waist, tucked into a pair of ankle pants, worn over shorts, or open over a tank. This link is for three gingham and one stripe in Regular, Petite, Plus, and Tall sizes. This link is for solids, same size range.
- I have one of Lands' End's Supima cardigans; it's a decade old and still looks and fits great. Less than $50, 16 colors to choose from, broad size range.
- Turn the cardigan into a twinset with this short sleeved sweater.
- This cardigan is the perfect length to wear with dresses!
Like Lands' End's knit tops, their sleepwear is classic, well-made, and holds up over the years.
- I had Lands' End Supima Cotton Robe for many years. The only reason I no longer own it is because I wore it in the hospital after Emerson was born and those weeks after and well… I just had to move on. But I'm tempted to get another especially at this price.
- Snag the mid calf gown for a matched set!
- Their terry robes are thick and plush and fantastic. Also had one until I destroyed it with hair dye (whoops!).
Lands' End makes the best outerwear. I have many and they maintain their style and quality over the years. While it's not the time of year to buy a parka, they have other great jackets, coats, and fleeces perfect for rainy days and breezy nights.
- This cropped trench is so cute. Hitting just below the hip, it's the perfect length for pants and casual situations. Less than $100, five colors, Regular, petite, Tall, Plus, and Petite Plus.
- If you're looking for a classic trench, this is a great choice. Regular, Petite, and Plus sizes, positive reviews, and $159 before the 40% off promo.
- I don't have this jacket, but one similar and I am so glad I do. The Essential Jacket is the kind you bring with you to the beach in case it's breezy or gets rainy. You bring it with you on the boat, when camping, and wear on cooler days when around the town. Regular and Tall sizes and three colors.
If you don't have a Lands' End tote, you need one. Their bags are excellent, well designed, and last forever. I love giving them as bridal shower gifts with the bride's future new name on them. When I graduated from high school, a family friend gave me a piece of Lands' End luggage and I still use it to this day.
- This is their classic canvas tote. Available in 12 colors, four sizes, the choice of zip or open top, and two handle lengths so you can design the perfect bag for your life. My XL tote with the longer handles and the4 zip top is one of the most used bags in our house. Great for the beach, road trips (easier to squish into a trunk than a suitcase), and Emerson loves for sleepovers.
- The same bags, but with more color.
- Want a little bling with your tote? Same bag, same options, but with rose gold straps.
- Same classic style, but turned into an insulated bag. My friend has this bag, the longer strap is so useful and it's the perfect size for an outdoor concert or beachside snacks.
- I love the retro vibe of the Seagoing Duffle. I'm really tempted to get one in orange!
One Christmas my sister bought me a Lands' End beach towel. That towel is older than my daughter yet is still gorgeous sand goes with me to every beach and pool visit. My daughter now has one, as does my sister and mom. They're big, thick, and I love how you can monogram them. I've bought Lands' End bedding and find the quality stellar. You can't go wrong with anything from their home department.
- The beach towels we own are the Rugby Stripe. It's only $29.95 before the 40% off promo, and comes in 10 colors. I think it's worth it to personalize it as this is a towel you'll own for many many years.
- If you don't like the rugby stripes, here's some other stripes to choose from.
- This link has the same towel but in nine different non-stripe prints.
- Their canvas storage bins are great for closet shelves, mud rooms, laundry rooms, and kids' toy storage. Use the personalization to label the contents!
- Continue the canvas storage theme with their canvas hamper.
- Their Waterblock Doormats are really amazing, and far better than anything you can find at a big box retailer. With the Friends & Family sale it's likely even cheaper than a big box retailer AND you can get it personalized! There's many different styles to choose from; this is the link for the Cordova pattern, this link is for the Foliage pattern, this link is for the Leaf pattern, and this one is for my favorite, the Diamond pattern.
I went for the sleeveless fit and flare dress in Navy (I’m trying to break out of my gray phase) and 2 pair of the knit shorts, which do look a bit dumpy but I do yardwork far more often than I walk the runway, so they’ll do. Thanks for the F&F code!
I have bought various Land’s End things in the past and they always feel vaguely dowdy or just wrong. I still buy occasionally but not very keen. I feel I am spending too much money for a lack of style. Maybe just me…
I was just about it email you about the striped dress in the capsule wardrobe and here it is! I love it, and the one on the left of it (is that one from lands end too?)
Unfortunately it’s not in stock in my size so I’ll keep an eye out. Hope the shipping to NZ is not too expensive!
Shout out to their rashguards as well! So great for a long beach day with coverage (and not worrying about sunscreen).