This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You all are having some romantic falls based upon your emails! Trips to resorts, hotels up north to see the leaves change, B&Bs along Skyline Drive, and a couple of you have decided to visit Asheville after my trip recap! My capsule wardrobe today is inspired by you – a relaxing getaway that will have lots of variety. Hitting the gym to work off that decadent dessert, hiking through the woods to see the leaves change, heading downtown for some shopping and sight-seeing, evenings at a fancy restaurant or a dive bar, and plenty of porch sitting, hammock swinging, and wine sipping near a fire pit.
Slim Jeans | Slim Black Pants | Heavyweight Leggings | Ponte Dress | Denim Skirt | Turtleneck Sweater | Striped Shirt | Band Tee | Dressy Blouse | Moto Jacket | Anorak | Wrap/Ruana | Hoodie | Puffer Vest | Long-sleeved Athletic Tee | Chelsea Boots | Sneakers | Flats | Waterproof Boots | Scarf | Sunglasses | Pendant Necklace | Clutch Bag | Crossbody Bag
This capsule is based upon two classic Autumnal shades – burgundy and camel. These colors look fabulous with other neutrals like grey, black, and denim. They also make for gorgeous contrast with lavender, blush, mustard, and teal. There’s some on-trend pieces, but in general the collection is classic, simple, and travel friendly. The jacket doubles as a raincoat, the lavender shirt wicks moisture and repels wind, and all the shoes are kind to feet.
Shop the Capsule Wardrobe – Standard Sizes:
This time of year it can be 70 at noon, 50 by 4, and 30 in the evening. There’s a chance for rain, strong gusts, and blindingly bright sun. To make it work, layers (and a fab pair of sunglasses) are key. With layers, you can also create completely different looks with the same base pieces. Depending on where you are, consider adding to this capsule a pair of lightweight gloves (I personally love these for being windproof, comfortable, and able to truly work with touchscreens) and a beanie (I have this one and love how it’s lightweight yet warm and not too tight that it musses my hair).
Shop the Capsule Wardrobe – Plus Sizes:
- Leggings, lavender tee, puffer vest, sneakers
- Leggings, lavender tee, hoodie, waterproof boots
- Leggings, band tee, hoodie, puffer vest, waterproof boots
- Stretch jeans, striped shirt, anorak, waterproof boots
- Stretch jeans, lavender shirt, anorak, sneakers
Shopping, Museums, and Seeing the Sights:
- Jeans, turtleneck sweater, puffer vest or anorak, waterproof boots
- Jeans, turtleneck sweater, biker jacket, sneakers
- Jeans, turtleneck sweater, wrap, Chelsea boots
- Jeans, striped shirt, wrap, Chelsea boots
- Jeans, striped shirt, biker jacket, sneakers, silk scarf at throat
- Jeans, band tee, biker jacket (consider adding the hoodie underneath or tied at waist), sneakers
- Black slim knit pants, turtleneck, puffer vest, sneakers
- Black slim pants, striped tee, hoodie, puffer vest, Chelsea boots
- Black slim pants, turtleneck, biker jacket, Chelsea boots
- Black slim pants, dressy blouse, biker jacket, Chelsea boots
- Ponte dress, tights, Chelsea boots, scarf, biker jacket
- Ponte dress, leggings, Chelsea boots, wrap
- Denim skirt, striped shirt, biker jacket, tights, Chelsea boots
- Denim skirt, turtleneck, anorak, tights, Chelsea boots
- Denim skirt, band tee, hoodie, sneakers
Dinner and Evening Activities:
- Black slim pants, dressy blouse, flats, clutch
- Black slim pants, turtleneck, pendant necklace, Chelsea boots
- Ponte dress, silk scarf, flats
- Ponte dress, tights, Chelsea boots, pendant necklace
- Ponte dress, pendant necklace, flats, clutch
- Denim skirt, turtleneck, black tights, Chelsea boots, pendant necklace
- Denim skirt, dressy blouse, tights, Chelsea boots
Shop Capsule Wardrobe Footwear and Accessories:
Of course there are a lot of other combinations to make from this capsule wardrobe. If you have room and it fits your personal style you could add a pair of pumps, a matte jersey wrap dress, a pair of ankle or boyfriend jeans, another long-sleeved top, a crewneck or v-neck merino or cashmere sweater in a layering weight, a pashmina or blanket scarf.
Shop Possible Capsule Wardrobe Additions:
This doesn’t have to be camel and burgundy. This could be done with blush pink and dove grey, teal and brown, all shades of black and gray, navy with cream. Consider a brighter and more interesting neutral like cream, ivory, camel, dove grey, or navy to balance the other neutrals and denim and to help your signature color pop. Choose pieces that resist wrinkles so you can spend less time prepping your outfit and more time enjoying yourself. And don’t forget to pack some slipper socks, a robe (this is my favorite and goes on all my trips), and sleepwear that makes you feel fabulous so you can enjoy every hour of your getaway!