I've been raving about the Dagne Dover Allyn tote for many many months. If you follow me on InstaStories you've seen this bag many times and I've shown how much this bag can truly hold. However, I realized I never did a review of this tote on the blog. This bag came up in a discussion in the Wardrobe Oxygen Community on Facebook and I saw it as time to do a Dagne Dover Allyn tote review on the blog and give it the attention it deserves.
Once I received the Large Allyn tote from Dagne Dover (as an FYI they sent it to me as a gift but I wasn't required to write this review, they don't even know I am doing it), it replaced all bags as my daily work bag. Made of leather, this bag is elegant while being significantly lighter weight than my other Dagne Dover bags. Like all my other Dagne bags, it is so smartly designed with a place for everything. The 11″ straps are a perfect length to fit over my shoulder even with a winter coat (I somehow forgot to take a photo of it over my shoulder), but also can carry in my hand without it dragging on the ground. You can see photos of me carrying the bag and the Allyn Tote full with all the contents shown below in this blog post.
I have the Dagne Dover Large Allyn tote packed for a normal day of me teleworking in a coffee shop or other place away from home. It's amazing how much this bag can hold.
- There's a neoprene zipper pouch that easily holds my MacBook but also held my larger work laptop that had a big battery increasing its size.
- There's a neoprene sleeve pocket next to it which is great if you're also carrying a tablet; I use it to hold my notebook and planner.
- Like my other Dagne Dover totes, the Allyn tote has a detachable neoprene water bottle holder. The fabric keeps condensation from touching anything else in the bag, and having the holder keeps the bag upright at all times.
- There's an outside tiny pocket perfect for a Metro fare card or ID card for your office.
- Inside is a zipper pocket great for quick-grab essentials. I use mine to hold my cords, batteries, plugs, earbuds, and such.
- There's also an interior pouch pocket. In there I place my lip balm, a protein bar, hand cream, and things I want to be able to grab quickly.
- To the right of this is a pocket perfect for your smartphone and a small slot within it to hold business cards (it will even fit the Dagne Dover card case)
- There's a side pocket that's big enough to hold a change of shoes (brilliant for walking commuters). I put my sunglasses case in there.
- There's a large main compartment. In mine I have a zipper pouch with purse essentials, my wallet, business card holder (also from Dagne Dover), and my laptop cord.
- The bag has a cord with hook on the end to tether your keys.
- There's two slots to hold pens.
- The bag has an interior snap to keep the bag nicely shaped and helps prevent items from falling out or the bag from falling over.
A leather bag will always be heavier than one made of nylon, but I find this bag a comfortable weight to carry, even when stuffed to the gills (the bag is 3 lbs). What I love is this bag has really taken a beating and still looks polished and professional. However, the look isn't so corporate that I feel weird wearing it on weekends or using it on travel.
Shop My Favorite Dagne Dover Bags:
The color of Allyn Tote I have is no longer available, but the other colors are equally as gorgeous and those bags have the same exact specs. If you have any questions regarding this bag, ask them in the comments and I'll help as much as possible!