This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
– Ann Taylor: White cotton wrap shirt and black tropical-weight wool trousers
– Mossimo: Black leather heeled thongs
– Jewelery: Silver hoops and cuff, teal glass necklace from Italy on white gold chain.
– Second day, just brushed
– philosophy: The Present clear makeup
– L'Oreal: True Match foundation in C3
– Cargo: Matte BeachBlush in Tenerife
– Clinique: Long Wear Lipstick in Beauty
– Revlon: ColorStay shadow quad in Neutral Khakis – the ivory in inner corners and on brown bone
– Pop Beauty: shadow palette for brown eyes – the khaki on lid
– Maybelline: UltraLiner in black on top lash line, brow powder in Dark Brown
– Cover Girl: LashBlast mascara in black
– Shu Eumura: Lash curler
– Bath & Body Works: Body spray in Sheer Energy
Allie, thanks for your tips on dressing for DC. My students and I were there this Mon-Thurs–perfect weather! We had a wonderful time seeing the sights, and I appreciated being in casual skirts and capris rather than shorts and t’s like the kiddos, just as you suggested. Happy Weekend!
Sizing is sort of like spray starch, yet not so heavy-duty. I learned it from my husband who was in the Navy – it doesn’t yellow, get weird, but just adds some heft to lightweight cotton fabrics so they keep their shape and resist wrinkles just a touch. It’s in a can, usually found int he laundry aisle 🙂
Thanks for the laundering/care tips! When you iron using some sizing – what does that mean – that’s new to me.
I wash them on the gentle cycle, hang them to dry, and then iron, occasionally using some sizing. With the white ones I sometimes cheat and take them to the dry cleaners and ask them to launder like a man’s dress shirt.
Allie – what kind of laundering/care is best for Ann Taylor’s cotton shirts, like this seasons’ wrap arounds? (I too bought two – one black and one white!) Whenever I buy their cotton shirts, they tend to look like old, tired rags within a few washings – and I do follow the care instructions…yours look nice and crisp. Any ideas?
I love it! Whenever I wear a white tp with black pants I feel like a waitress, but adding that bright necklace really does add some punch! Of course, the wrap style top is divine, too bad I can’t get my company logo on one of those! 🙂
Boutique Girl says
I love the necklace!! It is stunning!!