This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
After writing my piece about where to find petite clothing over a size 10, I received comments, emails, and DMs on Instagram asking me to next research the best clothing retailers that offer tall options for women. I did some research and here are some places where I found you can shop for tall fashion for women. I was happy to find so many fashionable brands offering talls, though every retailer seems to have a different idea of what tall means. For some, the inseam is 32″ and for others it's not just more length in the leg but also an adjustment in rise, knee placement, and more. For each retailer below that offers tall fashion for women, I share their size range, and when available, the inseams they provide and any other details I found regarding how they design their tall clothing.
- Alice Alexander is an ethical and sustainable clothing brand based in Philadelphia that goes up to a 4X/30 and offers talls.
- Alloy Apparel is totally focused on providing tall apparel. This retailer has all types of fashion with a focus on tall pants, jeans, activewear, and jumpsuits. Alloy Apparel has clothing available in sizes 4 through 26.
- Amalli Talli was created by two tall sisters desiring trendy fashion; they test all samples to make sure they work on their frames (5'10” and 6'4″). Amalli Talli offers tall clothes in size 0-20.
- American Tall carries basics for women in sizes XS-XL.
- Ann Taylor offers a good variety of tall fashion with a focus on workwear in sizes 0-18.
- Ashley Stewart carries a selection of plus size tall dresses, tops, and jeans in sizes 12-26T.
- ASOS has a tall collection designed for those 5'9″ or taller. While they have plenty of fun fashion for a night out, ASOS also carries jeans, sweats, tees, and other basics in talls.
- Athleta offers activewear and athleisure created for women 5'10” and taller with two additional inches on the inseams of their bottoms, two additional inches on the length of their tall tops, and two inches on their dresses and jumpers. Athleta offers sizes 0-18 in tall lengths.
- Avenue has a selection of plus size tall pants and jeans in sizes 14-32.
- Banana Republic offers everything from suiting to casual knits in talls up to size 18.
- Catherine's has a selection of plus size tall bottoms in sizes 0X-6X.
- Chadwicks offers classic pieces like blazers, pants, and blouses created specifically for women 5'7″ and taller in sizes 6T-18T.
- Chico's offers several of their styles of jeans and pants in tall inseams, which is usually 3″ longer than the regular length. Chico's offers talls in sizes 00-22.
- DL1961 offers long lengths with the best selection on their website. Depending on the style of the jeans or jumpsuit, their long inseams go up to 35″ with sizes 23-34 or XS-XL.
- Dorothy Perkins offers trendy pieces as well as wardrobe staples and outerwear in tall sizes 2-18.
- Eddie Bauer offers several styles of tops, bottoms, and outerwear in tall sizes XS-3XL.
- ELOQUII doesn't offer tall lengths per se, but they do have their bottoms available in long lengths in sizes 14-28.
- eShakti doesn't have tall sizes per se, however, you can have any of their styles hemmed for your height or custom made to your unique measurements for a reasonable price. eShakti offers clothing up to size 36.
- Express offers long lengths in several styles of their jeans with inseams that go up to 34.5″ in sizes 00-18.
- Full Beauty has a selection of tall pieces in sizes 10-36, with a focus on comfortable pants and stretch jeans.
- Height-of-Fashion was created by a woman who is 6'3″ so she understands the need for truly tall clothing. The line offers trendy pieces like sundresses, knit tops, jeans, jumpsuits, and sweats in US sizes 4-14.
- JC Penney carries a great selection of tall clothing for women in almost any category. JCP offers talls up to XXL or size 20T.
- J. Crew carries not only tall options but also long torso options up to size 3XL.
- J.Jill carries tall offerings in the majority of the clothes in their collection. J.Jill offers talls in sizes 4-20.
- Lands' End has an extensive selection of tall clothing up to size 18, including outerwear, swimwear, and sleepwear.
- Lane Bryant offers tall lengths in their pants and in their jeans in sizes 14-26. Occasionally, Lane Bryant also has tops and activewear in longs in the same size range.
- Levi's offers a selection of their women's jeans with inseams up to 34″ and waist up to 34″.
- LOFT offers tall options in several styles of pants, jeans, leggings, jumpsuits, and dresses in sizes 00-18.
- Long Tall Sally said it was closing, but it was purchased by an apparel conglomerate and plans to remain open for the foreseeable future, at least online with plans to bring back stores. A fashion destination for women over 5'8″ since the 1970's, Long Tall Sally offers clothing up to US size 24.
- Lululemon offers leggings up to 32″ inseam and pants up to 33″ and has select styles up to size 20.
- Madewell offers dozens of styles of jeans and pants in tall lengths, and their talls are designed for women 6′ tall and higher. Madewell offers talls in sizes 00-22.
- New York & Company has a whole line of clothing cut specifically for those 5'9″ or taller. The collection is available in sizes 0-20. This collection spans from casual knits to workwear separates to fun fashion for a special occasion.
- Nordstrom has a selection of plus size jeans with an inseam of 32″ or longer and misses size jeans with an inseam of 32″ or longer.
- NYDJ has an entire section on their website of jeans they offer with a 36″ inseam. NYDJ offers sizes 00-18 in their tall jeans.
- Old Navy has an extensive collection in tall lengths. Unlike some retailers that just add to the inseam, Old Navy also has longer sleeves and longer rises and lower waist and knee positions. Old Navy offers their tall clothing in sizes 2-20.
- Only Child is a sustainable and ethical clothing company that offers tall lengths in their pants. Only Child offers sizes 00-28.
- Paige Denim offers several styles of their pants and jeans in extra-long lengths. Depending on the style, this means the inseam is anywhere from 34″ to 36″. Paige offers their extra-long lengths in sizes 23-34.
- QVC has a strong collection of tall fashion, ranging from jeans and pants to sleepwear and loungewear. QVC has talls in sizes 00-28.
- Silver Jeans has misses jeans in long inseams (some even go up to 37″ in length) up to waist size 38, and a whole selection of plus size tall jeans in sizes 12-26.
- Simply Tall is an entire online shop dedicated to clothing for taller women offered in sizes 4-22. While Simply Tall has jeans and pants, they also offer dresses, activewear, sleepwear, and more in tall lengths.
- Soft Surroundings offers jeans, dresses, jumpsuits, loungewear, and more in tall sizes 6-18.
- Sotela is a sustainable and size-inclusive clothing brand that has petite and tall offerings, a unique size range, but also the ability to custom create any piece for your unique measurements.
- Spanx offers several of their styles of leggings and pants in tall options. The inseam depends on the style of the bottom, but they are usually 2-3″ longer than the regular inseam. Spanx offers their tall clothes in sizes XS-3XL.
- Taylor Tall is an ethical clothing brand that focuses on fashion for tall women. Offering wardrobe staples, Taylor Tall has sizes 4-18.
- Topshop offers trendy fashion, jeans, and athleisure in tall sizes 0-14.
- Torrid offers a selection of jeans with tall (32″) and ex-tall (34″) inseams in sizes 10-30.
- Warp + Weft is an eco-friendly denim brand that offers a few of their styles of jeans in 35″ inseam. Warp + Weft has misses and plus sizes 00-24.
I know this list isn't exhaustive and I look forward to hearing from you. Do you know of a women's fashion retailer that offers great tall clothing? Please share in the comments!
L H Carter says
Thank you so much for taking such good care of us kinda taller and for sure TALL people.
I appreciate your time and research efforts to meet our needs.
I look forward to taking a gander at the possibilities presented by your list.
Wow, great list! Thank you!
I would add that, similar to Old Navy, Banana, and Athleta, Gap also has a good tall department. If you’re into buying pre-owned clothing, ThredUp allows you to filter for Tall clothing and they generally have a decent selection (although nowhere near as massive as their selection of standard size items).
Tori Owen says
Hi-there is a clothing company that works for all heights! Check out https://loveyourpeaches.com/ You can adjust sleeve length, pant/skirt length and fabric. Endless choices and very well made. If you have questions, the owner, Janelle is so
helpful. I’ve been buying from her for about 10 years and it is a fantastic resource!
Cat W. says
I’m always on the hunt for good tall purse options. Especially cross-body bags. I’m 5’10” and most of my height is in my torso, so it’s really hard to find something with a good length.
Cat — that’s the very reason I carry a wristlet and a backpack. I gave up on cross-body bags, although a few years ago, I had a men’s Skagen city bag that was awesome.
Cat W. says
I love wristlets for nights out! When I’m stomping around really getting stuff done, I prefer to be as hands free as possible. The theft-proof Travelon cross-body bags are pretty long, but not quite fashionable in the way I’d like.
Very excited to check out the retailers on this list! I am always looking for tops in tall – pants I am usually okay in regular.
Shared this post with my sister, who is several inches taller than I am. 🙂
New Look and Next , both UK based but I think they ship to the US. Both have Tall lines.
And any retailer that thinks a 32” inseam is tall needs to go look up the definition of tall in a dictionary!
Thanks for this great list. You’ve got most of the retailers I would have thought of already. Duluth Trading has longer inseams in some of their bottoms – they have a great selection of durable workwear.
Wow, thanks -have never heard of many of these companies!
The way you listen to your readers is so refreshing. Thank you for this stunning list!
Wow! What a compendium! I look forward to new options.
As you noted, sometimes there’s a different between Longs (longer inseam) and Talls (longer everywhere). It can take some experimentation to find what works best.