If there's ever been a best time to shop Lands' End it's right now. They excel in spring and summer fashion and gear. Even better, their Friends & Family sale started with 40% off full price purchases with promo code FAMILY and PIN 6894. I've been a fan of Lands' End for years; they do classic style well along with good quality and a nice size range. This sale is so worth it, I decided to dedicate a post and search the Lands' End site for the best products for you!
Must Buy – Lands' End Swimwear
I've raved about Lands' End swimwear before. The size range, the quality, the options for cup sizes and mastectomies and the variety of swim bottoms for your level of comfort and activity… I have Lands' End swimwear that is a decade old and still looks great and performs well. As I've mentioned in other blog posts, no need to buy your swim top and bottom from the same retailer. Most are the same fabric and mix and match with ease. Lands' End has the best variety of swim bottoms with regular, petite, long, and plus sizes (up to 26) but also such a great mix of lengths, fits, and needs for modesty, comfort, and activity. For tops, Lands' End has the best mix of necklines, cup styles, cup sizes, and fits for different activities and needs. I'm also a fan of their one-piece suits which are chic, stylish, timeless, and high quality. As an FYI for my links below, I focus on pieces that will work now and summers from now. I am not linking to clearance pieces since the size range is limited, and no textured pieces because they usually only work best with other textured pieces from the same year and collection. However, if you're looking for a specific size or color it's worth it to visit Lands' End and use their filters as there are so many available that I haven't shared!
Lands' End Swim Bottoms: My Picks
- I love the idea of a true swim short; fabric that can handle getting wet, but also a style that works for street style. Great for kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, canoeing, or just having more coverage at the pool or beach. Style with a bikini top, a tankini, or a rashguard. No need to match, the trend this season is mixing and matching of patterns and colors so treat it more like an outfit where you'd pair a floral with stripes, a pastel with navy, a bold color with black, or any combination that makes you happy. Coverage has finally become cool, so wear what makes you feel comfortable and have fun in the sun!
- These swim shorts look surfer cool, not frumpy, have a 5″ length and come in regular and petite sizes. These are the same shorts in solid colors and they have options for panty or no panty. And here is a link for the 5″ board short in plus sizes.
- If you want a bit shorter, the same style but with a 3″ inseam. And if you'd like a bit of smoothing, the same 3″ shorts but with tummy control built in. Here is the link for the same shorts in plus sizes.
- If you desire a bit more length, Lands' End has a 9″ board short with or without an attached panty and an 11″ board short in plus sizes with or without panty.
- If you prefer the look of a swim skirt, Lands' End makes ones that are classically chic, not frumpy that come in a variety of lengths, silhouettes, and with different features. They too are easy to pair with a pullover and sandals to leave the beach and head to the cafe and provide a retro-chic effect with coverage.
- Their popular SwimMini comes in regular, petite, and long lengths and an option for tummy control. Here is another version of the SwimMini with tummy control. Here is the link for the same item in plus sizes (and yes, they have more colors than just black). And here are more options of this skirt in plus sizes.
- They also have a shorter version available in regular and petite, with or without tummy control. The shorter option also comes with a flounce for a bit of swish as you strut around the beach. Here's the flounce mini in plus sizes.
- If you're looking for a bit of tummy coverage as well as control, Lands' End has that as well. This is a high-waisted version of the SwimMini with tummy control. Here is an ultra-high waisted option in regular and petite sizes (also with tummy control). This is the same item in plus sizes.
- For the best coverage, consider swim leggings with an attached short skirt. This is especially great if you are snorkeling or doing activities where your legs will get a lot of sun. Here is the link for regular and petite sizes; here is the link for plus sizes.
- Lands' End makes traditional swim bottoms in a variety of styles and they're great quality (I have several that are years old and still fit and look great).
- I'm a fan of their high-waisted bikini bottom which isn't too high cut or too low cut, it's high enough to cover from belly button down even if I am active, and it doesn't ride up. Available with and without tummy control. Here is a link to the same bottom in prints. This is the plus-sized version with tummy control.
- I also love their retro bottom with the ruching in front. Not only does it look cute but it offers coverage and an optical illusion. This is the link to straight sizes, here is the link to plus sizes.
- If you're looking for a high rise to either provide coverage under a looser tankini top or rash guard or to have it meet closer to a bikini top, this bottom is a great option. Here is the link to plus sizes.
Lands' End Swim Tops: My Picks
- When a tankini top gets reviews stating, “the best I ever had” and raving about support, fit, and style well I have to share it! Their Wrap Underwire Tankini Top comes in regular, petite, and long, with or without tummy control, and up to a DDD cup (FYI, I am an F and their DDD cup works for me). Here is the link for the same top in plus sizes. Here's the same top in prints in plus size; and here it is in straight sizes. I think this top would look great with any traditional swim bottom as well as all the swim skirts.
- If you're looking for a tankini top that is still full of style but has more coverage, check out this top. It comes in regular, petite, and long and up to a D cup. Here is the link for the plus-sized version, which also comes in long lengths. This would look great with a traditional bottom, a swim skirt, but also look great with board shorts.
- Whether you're looking for more coverage or more sun protection, this high-neck tankini top is so chic and so pretty and comes in regular, petite, and long lengths and up to a DDD cup. Here is the plus-sized version which has a long option and also comes in up to a DDD cup.
- I don't fully get the trend for blouson-style tankini tops and those with lots of ruffles. Enter the water and suddenly you become a floatation device! I understand wanting the fabric to distract from your shape, but they're not terribly functional. This peplum tankini top has fabric to camouflage the figure but also looks functional and stylish. Available in regular and D cup options. This is the link to the plus-sized version.
- For those looking for a bit more coverage… how about a swim dress? Here is one in straight sizes; the same suit in plus sizes.
- I think a strapless tankini top is so chic, but they often get terrible reviews for support and fit. Lands' End gets great reviews. This is the top in solids which comes up to a D cup. This is the same top in prints. This is for the solid colors in plus size; and here is the link for prints in plus size.
- For those who use their suits for regular time in the pool, Lands' End has chlorine-resistant suits that are made for time in the lap lane while still looking great. I love the print on this tankini (and here's the matching bottoms). This one has a high neck great for laps and will go with any black bottom. And here is a great one in plus sizes.
- For those desiring a classic swimsuit look but want two pieces for fit, for ease of use, etc. this square neck tankini top is a great choice. Regular, petite, and long with up to DDD cup and the option to choose tummy control. The same top in plus sizes which comes in regular and long lengths and up to a G cup. This is another top that would look great with a bikini bottom, skirt, or shorts.
- For those looking for a sports bra concept for coverage, an athletic vibe, support and the ability to survive water activities this tank-style bikini top is ace. This link is for regular and D cups in straight sizes. This link is for the top in plus sizes.
- If you're looking for a bikini top that accommodates a large bust, Lands' End is a great choice and where I've found great fitting bikini tops. This is a “midkini” which has more rib cage coverage, comes in plus sizes as well as cup sizes. The same but in prints. The Twist Front Bikini has a retro vibe and comes in a variety of cup sizes. This is the link for straight sizes; this is the link for plus sizes.
- If you desire a tankini top with a bit more… style, these two have prints and gathering and look quite sophisticated. I'm partial to this one in straight sizes and this one in plus sizes.
I didn't share one-piece suits, but do know they have several styles that are quite gorgeous, practical, and timeless. Click here to see all their options! For reference, this is my Lands' End Tugless swimsuit review.
Lands' End Rash Guards and Swim Coverups: My Picks
I love that rash guards are now stylish. It's easy to find a variety of prints and styles and no one looks twice if you're wearing one for modesty, sun protection (Lands' End rash guards are UPF 50), or to have fun in the surf. But don't keep rash guards like these just for the water; the prints and silhouettes make them wearable for other casual activities!
- I am obsessed with this one that has stripes and the coolest floral print on a bit of the sleeve. It also comes in a lot of other prints. Here is the link for straight sizes in regular, petite, and long lengths; the link for plus and plus long sizes.
- Another classic long-sleeved rashguard in different prints. This is the link for the regular, petite, and long straight options. This is the link for plus and long plus options.
- We discussed rash guards in the Wardrobe Oxygen Community on Facebook and I shared that I own this striped rashguard. Available in regular, petite, and long lengths it looks great at the shore but also with shorts or a skirt for a beachside cafe. This is the link for plus and long plus options.
- If you desire a rash guard that can do double duty as street wear, try this boatneck version. Reviews share it's great for travel as it looks like a nice top with pants and even under a blazer. This is the link for plus sizes; this is the link for straight, petite, and long options.
A good coverup can add style, comfort, sun protection, modesty, and make it easy to head to the snack bar or a beachside cafe at lunch. Lands' End has great styles that are quick drying and can also do double duty as a casual summer dress.
- I'm seriously considering this hooded terry coverup. The reviews are all raves about how it's a cute dress, coverup, work from home loungewear, and more. Some days you just want coverage but some days you want to ward off the chill and this one is perfect for it. Note reviews say if in doubt size up. This is the link for regular, petite, and long options. This is the link for plus sizes.
- If I didn't already own a shirt-style coverup from Tommy Bahama (going on my third summer with it), I'd totally get this one. In fact it looks awfully similar! Here is the link for regular and petite options; this is the link for plus sizes. I love wearing it as a coverup, but I've also worn it tied in the front with shorts and jeans and worn it as a shirt around the house with a cami and leggings.
- Lands' End Sleeveless Tunic Coverup is a classic. This is the kind of piece you wear to the pool, on weekends with sandals, even with capri leggings. All this and it gets rave reviews from customers. This is the link to the regular, petite, and long options in solids; this is the link for the same style in stripes and prints. This is the link to the solid colors in plus sizes, and this is the link for stripes and prints.
- Another great coverup that doubles as a summer dress is this striped t-shirt option. Here it is in plus sizes; this is the link for regular, petite, and long options.
- I am low-key obsessed with this white kaftan, and I love that this coverup has UPF built into it!
Must Buy: Lands' End Beachwear
Towels, and water shoes, and totes oh my! If you've been reading for a while and follow me on Instagram, you know our family LOVES Lands' End beach towels. I have some over a decade old that are still thick and soft with saturated color. And my favorite beach (and farmer's market and Whole Foods and dry cleaning and taking food to a friend's potluck and camping) tote is from Lands' End. Below I'm sharing what I actually own and can personally recommend.
- We have this rugby striped beach towel in two colors, and we have both of them monogrammed (because why not?). If you're thinking of a bridal shower gift, a pair of these towels would be a nice one!
- We have a previous year version of this reversible towel and find it plush and richly colored. Yep, it's also monogrammed!
- I love their canvas totes. They're a nice weight with straps long enough to go over your shoulders even if it's stuffed to the gills. While we have a few in different sizes, our XL one with the zip top gets used the most (and it too is personalized with our last name). That's the bag I mentioned that is used EVERYWHERE. And this is also a great gift for a grad, a bride-to-be, or even a parent-to-be (use it as the gift bag and fill it with beach towels and honeymoon supplies, dorm room essentials, or baby necessities).
- This insulated tote is amazing. It's stylish enough to be used as a regular bag. Take it to the market to hold frozen foods, use it for your lunch at work, it's great for wine festivals and outdoor concerts when you can bring your own food. No need to keep it just for cold stuff, I've used it as a regular tote too!
I love a water shoe that looks like a normal shoe. They're great for the beach where you want to keep the sand out, your feet comfortable on the bottom of the ocean, but also want to walk up to the boardwalk. I wear them when we go canoeing or kayaking because I don't need to change when we go somewhere after for lunch.
- The Mary Jane version is my favorite (FYI they also come in wide widths); Emerson also prefers this style.
- If Lands' End offered them in a size 14, my husband would have and likely wear the heck out of these active water shoes. They have a similar version for women (which also comes in wide widths) that I ordered and liked but not as much as the Mary Jane. They also have it for kids which Emerson had in previous years.
Must Buy: Lands' End Bags and Luggage
Lands' End makes fantastic luggage and stands behind their quality and durability. I have bags decades old that still look and work great, and newer bags of just as great quality.
- I don't personally own this weekender duffle, but a friend does and she loves it. It has a sleeve on the back to slip it over the handle of a suitcase, a structured bottom, and a waxed finish so it doesn't get grody quickly. Though to be honest, this is the kind of bag that looks awesome as it gets dinged and smudged with use.
- This year Emerson got this Lands' End backpack for school. As a 4th grader, the bag gets a beating with a ton of weight, gross things that ferment inside requiring a washing, getting dropped and dragged and more. The bag seriously looks like new and the school year is almost over. It's not just for school, it's a perfect size for a weekend camping, sleepovers, and other activities. If you have kids, this is a great time to get these bags at an awesome price for next school year.
- Speaking of planning in advance of next school year, their Classmate lunch bag is also awesome. There are a few links for different prints; this link has five different prints, this link is for a pretty aqua print, this link is for solid colors, and this one is for a space print and an orange camo print.
- I adore the Seagoing line from Lands' End. It's retro cool and feels super fresh. I'm partial to the duffle and the signal flag backpack!
Must Buy: Lands' End Dresses
I have Lands' End dresses in my closet that are older than Emerson. I still wear them, and each time I wear them I get compliments. How many pieces in your closet can tell the same tale?
- Their banded waist fit and flare dress is perennially chic and so versatile. Dress it up, wear it with sandals, style it with booties and a denim jacket, take it on travel, even throw it over your bathing suit. Stuff it in a bag, throw it in the dryer, it can take it and still look polished enough for work on Monday.
- This link is for five different prints in regular, petite, and long options. The same dress in plus sizes.
- The same dress but in solid colors, also in regular, petite, and long options. The same dress in plus sizes.
- The same dress but in blue and white stripe, also in regular, petite, and long options. The same dress in plus sizes.
- This is essentially the same dress but in a maxi length. I used to have this dress and LOVED it. My sister and several friends also own it and love it and it wears well year after year.
- This link is for a few different prints in regular and petite options. This is the same dress in plus sizes.
- The same dress but in solid colors in plus sizes. And here it is in regular and petite options.
- The same dress but in red stripe in plus sizes. This is the link for the same dress in petite and regular options.
I love their elbow sleeve ponte dress and have owned a couple over the years. It looks polished, works year round, can dress up and down, and it has pockets!
- This is the dress in a pretty tulip print in regular, petite, and long options. Here is the same dress in plus sizes.
- This link has three different prints, also in regular, petite, and long. And here is the same dress in plus sizes.
- The same dress in solid colors in petite, regular, and long options.
Clearly, this isn't all that is great at Lands' End. I wanted to concentrate on what I know best, pieces I've worn or owned or I know people who have it. If you take advantage of this sale, do let me know in the comments. And if you have a Lands' End favorite not mentioned share that as well!