This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The danger of reading blogs is you end up buying things you never thought you needed or wanted.
Thanks to this piece on The Cut, I went on a search for a metallic pencil skirt, and found one. I got the silver ASOS one featured below but unfortunately my size is now out of stock. Here's a few reasonably-priced metallic pencil skirts I found online:
Now I can’t imagine my closet this fall and winter without a metallic pencil skirt! I've already started thinking of ways to style it for work and play and even through the holidays…
- With my crisp white Foxcroft shirt with the collar opened and a statement necklace (or my ascot) at the throat, finished with a classic pair of single-sole pointed pumps
- With a gray slouchy v-neck sweater, black ankle booties, and possibly a black leather cuff.
- With a black silk blouse or black turtleneck sweater, black tights and black booties
- With my gray and navy striped tee and a pair of leopard pumps, bold lips and my glasses
- With a dark heather gray Old Navy Vintage v-neck untucked, a sparkly statement necklace, and either my peacock pumps or my black leather booties
- With a jewel-tone silk tank or tee (imagining emerald for the holidays), sparkly bracelets (I have two rhinestone cuffs from Ann Taylor that will do nicely), and a pair of very high and sleek heels
- With my light denim biker jacket from Gap, a v-neck tee shirt and classic black pumps to balance the whole look. Oh, and probably some scarf looped around my neck
- With my gray short-sleeved sweatshirt and as for shoes… may be booties, may be pumps, maybe even Chucks!
- With my ivory Vince Camuto blazer, a black camisole, and black pumps or booties
I just hope I like the skirt when it arrives, since I have built an entire wardrobe around this one piece I never thought I would want or need. Okay Alison, back AWAY from the RSS reader!
Leave a Reply