Before you know it, winter and the weather that comes with it will be upon us. Wide calf snow boots and rain boots can be hard to find, and it makes sense to start looking early while there is selection. You want to protect yourself from snowdrifts and puddles, but it's tough when most styles won't go over your calves. Many wide calf snow boots and wide calf rain boots claim to be wide but don't go up to even a 16″ circumference. Below, I share several styles of wide calf winter boots and rain boots and all are a minimum of 16″ wide in shaft circumference. I share both the price and the width of the calf in the descriptions to help you find the perfect foul weather wide calf boot for you.
The Best Wide Calf Snow Boots and Rain Boots
- Bogs ‘Amanda' Waterproof Boot – I have a similar boot to this from Bogs (see in this post and this post) and they are one of the hardest working pairs of shoes in my closet. Camping trips, slushy commutes, shoveling snow, or just trying to look chic on a grody day, these boots are there. And because I own a pair I can attest that they can work with a wider calf. These go up to a 16.5″ shaft, but I have wider legs than that and they still work on me over lightweight skinny jeans or leggings. Two colors to choose from. $99.95
- Pacific Mountain ‘Whiteout' Snow Boot – With a memory foam footbed and 200g of Thinsulate lining, these boots will keep you warm while fitting up to a 16″ calf. Two colors to choose from. $89.99
- Pendleton Embossed Tall Rain Boot – A classic tall rain boot but with style – this boot from Pendleton has a subtle geometric embossed print. The boots have a Wool-Plus™cushioned insole with odor-control technology and fit up to a 17″ calf circumference. $130.00
- Sorel ‘Tofino II' Faux Fur-lined Waterproof Boot – I have always loved boots like these, they're ski chalet chic, but rarely do they fit a wide calf. These boots from Sorel are waterproof with 100 grams of insulation to keep you toasty on the most miserable days, and are made to accommodate up to a 19″ calf. Three colors to choose from. $169.95
- Hunter Original Insulated Slipper Boot – If you're looking for a boot to quickly slip on and off for your work commute, to yank on to take the dog for a walk, or to be able to easily throw on over slim jeans and leggings for weekends, this is the wide calf snow boot for you. A pull-on style with a warm fleece lining and soft knit top that won't dig into your leg, this boot from Hunter has a 17″ shaft circumference and is a cheery pop of color on a gray day. $125.00
- Tundra Boots ‘Sara' Snow Boot – Waterproof, a durable rubber sole, and rated to -22 degrees Fahrenheit, these boots are elegant enough to get you to the office and even a special occasion in the evening while being easy to slip off for your other pair of shoes. 16″ shaft circumference. $64.00
- Chooka City Tall Rainboot – Another classic rainboot with a 17″ shaft circumference that will provide you with many years of dry feet and timeless style. These come with a removable memory foam footbed, receive rave reviews for comfort and style, and are on sale! $60.78
- Bos. & Co. ‘Gabriela' Boot – It's near impossible to find a tall winter boot in a wide calf size, but these boots, available in three colors, go up to a 17 3/4″ shaft circumference. Waterproof, lacing plus a side zipper, a wool lining and comfort rated to 17 degrees Fahrenheit, these boots will keep you warm and dry through the worst winter storms. $244.95
- Kamik ‘Bushman' Boot – When you need a practical boot for the elements, this is it. Made in the USA, they have a waterproof rubber base and waterproof Neoprene stretchy mesh shaft that is 18″ in circumference. With a moisture-wicking air mesh and fleece lining, you'll stay cool and dry. Oil and acid resistant sole and rated to -40 degrees Fahrenheit these boots will take a licking and keep on ticking.
- Ilse Jacobsen Hornbæk Rubber Boot – Able to adjust up to a 19″ shaft circumference, this lace-up natural rubber boot has a lug sole that will give you grip and comes in three fab color choices. It is lined in cotton fleece to keep you cozy when the weather outside is frightful. $189.95
- Chooka ‘Versa' Rain Boot – You can't go wrong with a classic, and this traditional rubber wide calf rain boot in moss green is one you can wear now and decades from now. Adjusting from 16.5″ to 18″ for the calf circumference, this boot receives rave reviews for fitting wide calves while also being stylish and comfortable. $79.95
- Sperry Top-Sider ‘Saltwater' Duck Boots – These boots are too short to worry about a wide calf, but they are wide width which is also incredibly hard to find in such a style of boot. With a microfleece lining, they will be warm and comfortable as well as stylish while keeping your feet dry. Three colors to choose from. $109.99