When I wrote my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale picks post last Thursday I wrote it that day, early in the morning, and it seems during a time when the site was having a ton of glitches. I thought I did a good search but seems I missed a ton of really good items in the sale. In fact the filtering still seems glitchy as I searched once for just plus sizes and got pages and pages of items not plus. I will have a second post going live today 3pm ET with all the deals for Amazon Prime Day so I didn't want to have something really fab go live this morning and get lost in the sale sauce. So here's the things I missed Thursday that look pretty fabuloso. And don't worry those who hate sale posts, we'll go back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow!
I can't believe I said there were no decent faux leather jackets in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. What was going on with the filtering tool because there ARE and they're good brands at good prices! Also some other fab coats and jackets I missed:
- This faux leather moto from BLANKNYC has an extra cool edge with a removable hood. Basic black and a badass green color available and it goes up to XXL/16.
- Another hooded moto, but this time in real leather and plus sizes.
- Another moto jacket from BLANKNYC, this time in suede. BLANKNYC makes great faux suede and leather that is soft, breathable and looks quite real. Love the Ruby color.
- This boiled wool topcoat from J. Crew is a classic that will be chic for years to come. Five utterly fabulous colors to choose from, I'm in love with Winter Pine.
- A similar silhouette but from Lauren Ralph Lauren and in plus sizes. The camel reminds me of my Tommy Hilfiger coat I wore to death last winter.
- The perfect weekend throw on and go jacket. Like a hoodie but much more stylish, a great longer length, looks great open or zipped.
- This wrap coat from Tahari is part of the NSale every year but that's because it's eternally chic, flattering, and a classic. Four colors available and $100 off.
- This boiled wool drape front jacket reminds me a lot of a cashmere and leather jacket that I own and wear the heck out of all fall, winter, and spring. Lined sleeves keep the jacket comfy, cool neckline looks chic (and is also great to hide your old sweatshirt when heading out for a Starbucks run).
- The same jacket in plus sizes.
- A longline puffer coat with a hood but what makes this one from MICHAEL Michael Kors stand out is the faux leather trim. Not in a cheesy or trendy way, but in a chic this coat costs a lot more than $150 way. I'm partial to the black on black but both colors are good. BTW it also comes in petites.
- “Wubby” is the right way to describe this fluffy cozy fleecy pullover. I wish I had this the other chilly weekend at the beach!
- Super chic glen plaid double-breasted midi coat. Only larger sizes left, on sale less than. $85.
- Sleek and sophisticated real leather moto jacket from Halogen in regular and petite sizes. I like the black hardware, it makes it look more elegant.
- The same jacket in plus sizes.
- Another chic leather moto jacket, this time from Badgley Mischka. Two colors, I'm partial to the rich burgundy shade. Plus sizes only.
- Cool, a leather moto jacket with removable sleeves. Two looks in one and on sale for almost $100 off!
- This ruffle-trim leather jacket is so sassy. Wear with a striped tee and jeans on the weekend, but it's sleek enough to wear over dresses to the office. Plus sizes only.
How did I miss all the good jeans part of this sale?
- Wit + Wisdom makes amazing jeans. Good quality, good fit, and great price. These skinny jeans are a great color and on sale for less than $45.
- The same brand but in a straight leg.
- The same in plus sizes.
- The same brand but in plus sizes, a slim ankle style in a wash that is great now and into fall.
- SLiNK Jeans makes an amazing fitting jean for curves. This stretch ankle boyfriend jean is a great silhouette for sandals in summer and booties in winter.
- Those with curves love Good American jeans. These high waist skinnies look great and are on sale $50 off.
Sooo many good pants in this sale. I shared a lot in Thursday's post but found even more pairs that are great for work, for nights out, for weekends, for fashion, and much more!
- These plaid skinny pants from Wit + Wisdom would look amazing with a leather moto or a classic denim jacket and message tee, with a sweater and booties, a blazer and silk shell.
- Slim stretch ankle pants in crepe from Halogen. Regular and Petite sizes and seven colors and prints make these pants pretty fantastic. Did I mention they're under $60?
- I'm digging these wide leg pants from Halogen and I may or may not have ordered them to wear with t-shirts and sneakers now, blouses and sweaters and ankle boots come fall and winter. Also in regular petite sizes and also under $60.
- Another wide leg pant from Halogen, this one with a tie waist. Same sizes and price.
- Heavyweight knit leggings from Sejour with zipper pockets to keep them from looking too loungewear. Five colors, less than $60, plus sizes only.
Dresses and Jumpsuits
I didn't share a ton of dresses last time because my focus was on workwear and not all the dresses were appropriate for that. But there's many I missed that could work for the office, but also for nights out, weddings, early fall days, cocktail parties, brunch, and much more.
- Y'all know I love jumpsuits and this one from Vince Camuto is so darn simple, classic, and chic. Three colors to choose from, regular and petite sizes. This is a piece you can wear all four seasons of the year. Summer with hoops and sandals, winter with statement earrings and heels. It's also the type you can wear to work with a blazer and an evening wedding with sparkly jewelry.
- The same jumpsuit in plus sizes.
- A beautiful wrap dress from Eliza J (such a great dress brand) with really pretty sleeves that would look lovely now with nude sandals and come fall with pumps or ankle booties. If I didn't have my ELOQUII dress I'd be buying this.
- This midi dress from Julia Jordan reminds me of a dress I used to have that I wish I still had. It's the kind of dress that's perfect to have in your closet for all those last-minute events. Stretchy, travel-friendly, can dress up and down with ease. Wear with sandals or flats, or heels and pearls. A silhouette and fabric that works year round. Three colors and on sale for less than $80.
- I love this belted shift from Eliza J, the flutter trim at the sleeves takes it up a notch but also creates a very flattering silhouette. Plus sizes only.
- How can you resist such a pretty dress with such positive reviews at such a nice price? Chiffon overlay long-sleeved midi dress oozing with style and femininity for just a few pennies over $85 (looks like it costs way more).
- Love a shirtdress, so chic, so versatile, so flattering. This one from 1901 looks pretty perfect, three colors, regular and petite sizes, and a fantastic NSale price.
- Similar from the same brand in a pretty plaid and plus sizes.
- I love the simplicity of this dolman sleeve shift dress from Vince Camuto. This is the kind of dress you can take on travel. Wear with sandals or Birks during the day, heels and a sparkly necklace at night. Depending on how you style it you can wear it all four seasons of the year.
Fall is right around the corner. While right now the idea of a sweater may sound like torture, now is the time to get them at a great price to be ready when the temps drop.
- This ribbed wrap sweater from Leith is chic and versatile. Wear with a cami to the office, take off the cami for after-work drinks.
- So much length and quality of cashmere for such a nice price. This long cashmere cardigan from Halogen is the type of piece you won't want to take off from October until April. I have a long cashmere cardigan and I wear it all. the. time. If I didn't have one, I'd be buying this baby.
- A sweater you can wear now and later. This is a really cool looking sweater, but the sleeves are detachable to wear now (or wear over a white cotton shirt). Seriously, this sweater is a statement maker for a super nice price.
- I love this cardigan from Nic + Zoe. The pattern and weight makes it a cardigan/jacket hybrid that is at home at the workplace but can also transition to weekend. Plus sizes only.
Blouses and Statement Tops
The NSale always has a great variety of cool tops and blouses that make an outfit just with simple pants or jeans. Here's a few cool ones I've found:
- I ordered this Trouve Wrap Top last year during the NSale. I would have kept it but mine ended up having a flaw in it and when I went to exchange it, it was sold out. This is a flattering top for just a hair over $45 but looks like it costs more.
- Another cool printed wrap blouse, this time from Gibson and in plus sizes.
- A super chic silk off the shoulder blouse from Vince. This isn't cheap even during the sale, but it's a piece that would bring style and elegance to anything from ankle pants to jeans.
- This long sleeve silk blend wrap blouse from Halogen is a great piece to have in your closet when you're short on time or creativity. Pair with trousers for the office, with jeans on the weekend, slip it under a blazer, wear now and in December. The blue is so delicious but all the color/print choices are great.
- Foxcroft makes amazing button-front shirts and many are part of the NSale. I especially like this stripe sateen one (plus sizes only) which would look great tied with a midi skirt or white jeans, or tucked into trousers. I'm also a fan of this one with foil dots, it keeps it from being ordinary yet is still quite versatile and wearable (imagine it with white jeans and gold hoops!).
- Equipment makes the best silk shirts, and this one in a rose pattern is feminine yet a bit rocker in a Guns-n-Roses sort of way. Wear to work with trousers and on the weekend with leather leggings (or the Spanx faux leather ones on sale).