Through this weekend, Talbots has 25% off your regular-priced purchase and free shipping on orders of $175 and more (no promo code needed). On top of that, this weekend from the 28th – 30th Talbots is donating 10% of their net proceeds to Dress for Success, and for each top bought from their New Arrivals, they will donate one professional top to Dress for Success (up to 5,000 tops donated). Now more than ever, women seeking jobs need Dress for Success. How can you resist saving money while also helping fellow women?
Talbots sent me this Breton stripe sweater (large, if in doubt size up) and flare jeans (14 petite, if in doubt size down) to promote this Dress for Success campaign on Instagram, but I think this sale with the campaign is so good I also had to share here on Wardrobe Oxygen. Also, Talbots' New Arrivals are pretty fantastic so I am going to break down my favorite pieces from Talbots:
Y'all know I love a good stripe, and Talbots has become one of my go-to retailers for classic and quality striped tees and sweaters. Stripes add interest to a look, so you can be wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans or a sweater and knit pants but it looks like a chic ensemble. Stripes don't go out of style, and they are the best for pattern mixing. Seriously, try stripes with a floral, with tweed or a glen plaid, and I love stripes with leopard print. The four above aren't the only great striped tops in Talbots' New Arrivals; I've collected more in the carousel below:
green sweater jacket (available in four colors and plus sizes) | blue knit blazer (available in three colors and plus sizes) | blush soft blazer (available in three colors and plus sizes) | tweed knit blazer (available in plus sizes) | ivory and black sweater jacket (available in plus sizes) | camel knit band jacket (available in two colors and plus sizes)
I think many of us are looking for cardigans and soft jackets that will be comfortable but also add a level of professionalism whether on Zoom or at the workplace. Talbots has several this season and most are available in a variety of colors and plus sizes as well as petites. I'm happy to see along with the neutrals, Talbots has a lot of cheery colors like greens, blues, pinks, reds, and a gorgeous goldenrod shade. Below are all the great soft jackets and cardigans I found at Talbots:
paisley-print bateau-neck tee (available in plus sizes) | pink silk camp shirt | faux wrap blouse (available in two colors and plus sizes) | heart-print shirt (available in plus sizes) | blue floral blouse I think I may get (available in plus sizes) | gray paisley blouse (available in plus sizes)
Your blouse and top game may be ready for a makeover after a summer of Zoom tops. I've mixed together knits, shirts, and blouses because they all can be Zoom ready, and also great with knit pants or jeans for everyday. While my top picks are above there are plenty more to choose from in Talbots' New Arrivals:
As for items I am considering from Talbots' New Arrivals:
- As I mentioned I really like this floral blouse. I'd pair it with the denim flares I'm wearing, wear it with white jeans, style it with gray trousers. I love the little details of it.
- When shooting the look above I realized I don't really have any slip-on shoe for fall. The photos are cut off at the knee because on my feet were my EVA Birkenstocks! Sneakers were wrong, boots were wrong, but these leopard calfhair loafers would have been perfect.
- As we know from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I am a sucker for a raincoat and don't really love mine. But I really do love the blue of this one…
- While I wasn't a big jegging fan last year, this year I'm drawn to them and I know that Talbots jeggings look great and are comfy. I like the wash of these.
- Talbots' Audrey sweaters are a favorite and I wear them from fall to spring almost weekly. I'm tempted to get another this year in the Dark Malachite
- I am really digging this long belted sweater vest in tortoiseshell over this turtleneck in the indigo/spice combo with these leggings for the perfect polished yet comfy look for home, weekend, and business casual offices (just add a pair of tall boots).