This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I originally wrote this blog post about the most stylish buys from Target in the spring. Then I updated it for the summer. Now we're deep into fall winter right around the corner and I had to check out Target's fashion New Arrivals to see their offerings for the season. While a lot of their apparel skews Junior, I found a lot of great pieces that would be perfect for us grown women.
Of course, any grown woman can wear whatever the heck she likes. I have chosen pieces I think are on trend but won't be passe in a season, styles that will work on softer frames, and will mix and match with one's existing closet. Going through reviews, I chose pieces that get positive ratings for fit and quality because whether a top costs $5 or $500 it's too expensive if you can't get a lot of joyful wear out of it.
The Most Stylish Buys from Target Right Now
I don't believe in the look for less, but I do believe you can find cool, on-trend style at most any retailer. These pieces available at Target are highly rated and high on style. Not flash-in-the-pan looks, they can elevate wardrobe basics and be worn far beyond this current season. Below I share not only my picks of the most stylish buys from Target right now, but why I think they're worth your time and money (and some styling tips too!).
Holiday Style from Target
When I am discussing holiday style, I am not meaning ugly Christmas sweaters or beanies embroidered with dreidels. I mean the kind of sparkly, dressy, and fun clothing you may wear for an office holiday party, a New Year's get together, heading to a bar or restaurants with friends to celebrate surviving the year. And Target has a few items I think us grown-ass women can totally rock, and for less than department stores and boutiques.
- If you're looking for a going out dress for this season, I think Target has some styles that will look more expensive than their pricepoint. This stretch velour dress comes in two colors, this turtleneck sweater dress is short but so chic (wear with tights and tall boots), this off the shoulder dress comes in three colors and gets great reviews, this slip dress has been popular since this spring and comes in so many colors, and this ponte dress is the kind of thing you can rock all year long and dress up and down with a switch of shoes and accessories.
- In my Talbots Holiday Collection post, I recommended a camisole to wear under a suit; this is a budget-friendly alternative that is more size-inclusive. I know folks IRL who own it and think it's great.
- A pair of satin pants can glam up a basic sweater already in your closet; these come in blush, red, and black in Target's full size range.
- Paliettes are large sequins and they are a popular trend right now. This top comes in black and pink and is a nice price. Wear with high-waisted pants.
- If you don't use dressy handbags often, don't spend a lot. This one looks like a size big enough for your essentials, comes in a range of fun textures, and is not so trendy you can't whip it out a year or two from now and still look cute.
- The best thing I saw at Target were these dressy straps to switch out the everyday strap on your purse. If you have a small leather, microfiber, or textured bag with a leather or webbing strap, you can switch it out to glam it up for the holidays! This short one is so chic, this rope style shoulder strap comes in two colors, and this one is a crossbody length.
Everyday Style from Target
I am pretty picky with fall and winter fashion. Unlike a cotton sundress that can look chic at a $25 or $250 pricepoint, things like sweaters and blazers can quickly look cheap. That being said, looking at Target's newest arrivals as well as the customer reviews, I found a selection of pieces that look good and would be great in a grown-ass woman's closet.
- Just as with the holiday style, you may be looking for a dress like this for family portraits, Thanksgiving dinner, or an social event where you'd like to wear boots. This dress comes in two prints and solid black and would look elegant with gold earrings and heeled boots, ankle booties, or flats. However, it can also dress down with a denim or leather jacket and more rugged of boots.
- Faux leather boots can look cheap, but faux suede can often look pretty good. These black suede knee-high boots get positive reviews for comfort, and with a 16″ shaft they run more roomy than most standard boots on the market.
- You know I love a belt bag, and I continue to wear them into the colder months often under my coat or will take off and wear as a shoulder bag until I take my coat off. Not too big but roomy enough for your necessities, this belt bag comes in a range of colors, gets great reviews, and has a 36″ strap fitting up to a 45″ waist.
- This twill jumpsuit has a zipper front, making it easy to get on and off. I see it as a cool-weather version of the Target boilersuit I wore all spring and summer. I like the self-belt to give the body shape. Wear with your stompy boots or sneakers. Add warmth with a lightweight fitted turtleneck or striped tee underneath.
- This corduroy blazer is part of a collab with designer Reese Blutstein. While I think some Target blazers can look cheap, I have had success with their designer collabs and the corduroy gives it the heft necessary to look chic.
- Reviews say this striped sweater (which comes in three colors) is soft, stylish, and comfortable. I always think a striped sweater is a great idea, looking more “polished” than a solid when thrown on with jeans and boots.
- You will see plenty of faux leather puffer vests and jackets this season, especially in this tan color. Get the look for less from this highly-rated option.
I know as the season continues, Target will add more cold-weather style and festive options for holiday style. If you own any of these pieces or have tried them on, do share your feedback in the comments to help others in the Wardrobe Oxygen Community!