This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you all for sticking with me through a wonky week on Wardrobe Oxygen. I'm looking forward to getting back into the rhythm and have some good things on the horizon. How does a review of white jeans sound? I want to get a full range of brands and as always will have detailed shots to help you choose the right pair for this season. YES, white jeans can look great on anybody and I'll share tips on how to wear them, style them, what to wear under them and how to keep them looking crisp! I actually have a long list of ideas of what I want to come on the blog and get excited when I can erase each one that I complete. As always keep the ideas coming, I want this site's content to remain relevant to your lifestyle and needs!
This has been a busy time on the homefront. My daughter has a project for Women's History month as well as a research paper for her STEM project due next week, she's been selling cookies, working on her Girl Scout Junior Aide award, and has two camping trips coming up. My husband is an avid gardener; the past few years he's shared a large plot at the community garden and just got another plot this week so he'll be growing even more awesomeness. I was away last week and now have TWO blog-related trips next month. And we promised Em that when she turned 10 we'd paint her room any color she wants. The plan is to do it over spring break and I am so psyched she's switched from two walls black and two hot pink to three pastel pink and one either white or a pale turquoise! I mean, I'll keep by my promise but I know from experience it's far easier to repaint pastels than dark colors when you're an angsty teen who feels her room just DOES NOT REPRESENT MY SOULLLLLL. As always, keep up with life beyond the blog by following me on Instagram Stories!
For those who mentioned the font is a bit too small for comfort, I increased the font. And for those who follow my blog by email or RSS and complained they're being delivered late – I don't have any control over that. You are following via Feedburner. I am updating my newsletters and will be controlling them manually so click here to subscribe in this manner to get personalized emails that will be on time (fingers crossed this will be before March is over!).
Anthropologie has 20% off this weekend! You do need to sign up for Anthro Perks to receive it, but it's free and gives you legit perks like first peek at new releases, free shipping on orders $150+ and more. Click here to sign up. My picks:
- This slouchy, comfy, yet oh so chic and refined jumpsuit that will work for beach evenings, backyard barbecues, date nights with gold jewelry, day weddings, and more. (comes in petite and plus sizes!)
- This cardigan which is the quirkiest and chicest mix of patterns (also comes in petite and plus sizes)
- This slouchy blouse with fantastic sleeve detail. I'm partial to the red pattern though all three are fab!
- I shared this maxi before but it's so perfect it deserves a repeat performance (petite and plus sizes available).
- Same with this jumpsuit that I shared last week and am still dreaming about (regular, petite, and plus sizes)
- The perfect sandal to wear with denim shorts, linen trousers, sundresses, maxi dresses, your favorite jeans, and essentially everything in your closet.
Madewell has 25% off season essentials (all the items at this link) with the promo code HEYBUDS. It's a varied selection of pieces that will work now but also transition beautifully into summer.
- I think this tote is so beautiful, so classic, and will only get better and more lovely with everyday wear and tear.
- Denim jackets may be a classic, but their silhouettes change with trends. Right now the look is a bit more oversized and this one looks pretty perfect.
- A twist on the classic striped t-shirt, just as comfortable and wearable.
- The striped t-shirt dress – a spring through fall essential.
- Another classic bag, this one for everyday and your next vacation.
Net-a-Porter is offering 15% off with promo code NEWSEASONREFRESH through 3/31 and this sale is worth looking at even if you usually find this site to be too high-end. As I've mentioned before, Net-a-Porter is a great place for sneakers, accessories, and even mid-range brands. My picks:
- This is a great way to get designer sunglasses for less. I've ranked sunglasses from lowest to highest price; no surprise I'm drawn to classic Ray-Ban aviators, Clubmasters, and Wayfarers. These also look amazing as they change color with the brightness of the sun.
- Stock up on beauty at a nice price: snag a new Beauty Blender, lash curler, organic deodorant that gets rave reviews, and this illuminating tinted moisturizer that is making me fall in love with a no-makeup-makeup look even with my winter death pallor.
- While Madewell has 25% off a select mix of their collection, Net-a-Porter is offering 15% off all of these items from the brand.
- Snag some trendy sneakers, from Nike to Converse to Veja to Golden Goose at 15% off.
- Update your luggage with popular brands on sale; I've sorted them lowest to highest price for you. I gotta say, I'm obsessing over this one!
Another weekend, another 30% off at J. Crew with promo code NEWNEW. As I was typing this a bag from J. Crew arrived with a recent purchase. I haven't tried it on yet but I ordered
- These jeans
- This v-neck t-shirt
- Another one of these camisoles
- I didn't order this sweatshirt but I love it and think it will get better with time.
- I have several J. Crew graphic tees and love the fit, quality, and styles
Macy's has 30% off with promo code VIP plus an additional 15% off cosmetics and fragrance.
- Looking for a clutch that will go with every single dress in your summer wardrobe? Consider this one. This is an adorable frame-style that is as versatile and summery.
- Suits are a chic choice for holidays, weddings, work, and nights out. A switch of your top and shoes can go from desk to drinks with ease and Macy's has a great selection of styles and colors.
- We just discussed wide-width shoes last week; Macy's is a great destination for stylish wide and extra wide-width shoes.
Lands' End has 40% off full priced styles with promo code COCONUT and PIN 6789.
- Now is the time to get swimwear while there is still size and color selection. I love the Tugless, it's a classic in prints as well as solids. I also think this surplice suit with a subtle skirt is chic.
- 7″ is a pretty flattering short length for many; Lands' End has one with a mid rise available in 10 colors and petite options. Here's the link for them in plus sizes (oh why Lands' End did you separate the sizes???)
- My favorite cotton cable-knit, perfect for breezy spring and summer evenings as well as the feeling like winter though it's spring weather we have now.
- I have one of these dresses, it's five years old, still looks new and goes from work to weekend to bridal showers to travel so perfectly. Here is dress in prints in regular, petite, and tall sizes; the dress in prints in plus sizes. And here is the dress in solid colors for regular, petite and tall; the dress in solid in plus sizes.
Talbots has 25% off the items at this link, no code needed. It includes some gems like this perfect sleeveless blouse for the office, under blazers and cardigans, or paired with crisp white jeans. I also like their Hampshire Ankle Pants and this glen plaid blazer and matching trousers.
An amazing piece about how Swimsuits for All transformed the plus size industry. What I especially appreciate about this piece is how it spotlights what an impact Gabi Gregg has had on the plus size community and fashion industry and how she continues to push brands and bring fashion to an underserved audience. (Refinery29)
If you're in the Wardrobe Oxygen Community on Facebook you may have already read this, but I think it's worth a second read. If you haven't seen Shrill (I haven't yet, hope to this weekend!) you should. And if you have and are wondering where to get the clothes Aidy Bryant wears in the show… I have some bad news. But then, it's likely nothing new to you. (Vulture)
Ads for Shen Yun are as part of living in DC as ads with Krystal Koons selling cars and staring straight into your soul. It's something I know, but I know nothing about so I was fascinated to read more about this performance/cult/propaganda/surreal trip. (New Yorker)
“I believe that leading with vulnerability is a powerful way to create a more empathetic world.” Wow to so much of this piece by Ann Yang of Misfit Foods on being a successful entrepreneur and putting your mental health first. (Medium)
Cindy Gallop shared this piece on social media this week and I found it so powerful and painful and beautiful I had to share it with you. Scenes from life as a nurse in the late '70s and early '80s. (Avidly)
“Debra said that if she were a dog, someone would have put her down long ago. She had euthanized sick dogs before, dogs she loved, and even as a child had understood the act to be merciful. ‘I thought, Wow, this is such a wonderful thing, that I am able to ease the suffering and pain of my beloved.' When Debra watched her grandmother die, she wished ‘there was something we could do for humans.'” A powerful longread on owning your life until the end and dying with dignity. (The California Sunday Magazine)
And if you read that piece and live in Maryland, here's the latest for our state in regard to aid-in-dying. (Washington Post)
For Your Entertainment
By sharing BOOM by X Ambassadors I am preparing you for early summer where this song will be in every commerical, playing during the pool scene in every TV show, and drifting out of open car windows on every street. Not too poppy or syrupy, but terribly catchy. My feet go boom boom boom walking away from you. I've got the same old shoes but a new attitude. Play it while getting ready for a day or night out, while cooking dinner, when you're driving down the street with your car windows down, or when you want your theme song for being a fierce independent badass.