This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The conversation started in my post on how to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale… is it even worth it any more? I get you, I too am sick of Barefoot Dreams cardigans and Spanx faux leather leggings, and I have ben burned by items that seem like great deals from great brands only to have them arrive and find they're subpar quality not usual for the label. So I went through the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale preview and put together the things I think will be worth your money and time if you are still considering this sale.
Is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Worth it This Year?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale preview is up, and you are able to see everything that will be included and save to a wish list to shop quickly when you are available. I went through every single page to see if the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is worth it this year. For reference, the sale dates are:
- July 11: Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for cardmembers with Icon Status. To be eligible for Icon Status, you must purchase an annual minimum of $15,000 in net purchases from Nordstrom using their credit card.
- July 12: Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for cardmembers with Ambassador Status. To be eligible for Ambassador Status, you must purchase at least $5,000 a year from Nordstrom and put it on your Nordstrom card.
- July 13: Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for cardmembers with Influencer Status. Some places on the Nordstrom site it says you have to spend $500/year to be Influencer status, some say just having the card puts you in this status. If you click this link you can find out which level you are at.
- July 17: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the general public.
I went through the preview and while I still see a lot of Barefoot Dreams, I did also find a lot of quality items that may be worth your time and money. Instead of focusing on specific individual items, I am going by brand I know and trust, and items I myself have purchased from previous Nordstrom Anniversary Sales.
My Picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
I have separated my picks by category, and share why I think this category is worth buying during the sale, and then bullets of what brands and products caught my eye. If you think I missed anything that is worth it in this year's Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, do share in the comments!
The Best Beauty Sale Picks
IMO, beauty (makeup, skincare, haircare, and tech) is the best deal during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. No worries about subpar quality, you're often getting gift sets and multiples for a lower price. Stock up on your favorites, buy now for holiday gifts, and use the lower price to try a product you have been considering. My picks:
- SUPERGOOP! is part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and there are some good deals if you love this sunscreen brand. This link offers a bundle of a 5 oz of SPF 30 and an 18 oz of SPF 50 SUPEGOOP! Play everyday lotion for $68 (a $102 value). This link has two sizes of SPF 40 Unseen Sunscreen and a tube of SPF 50 play for $52 (a $78 value).
- L'Occitane is a high-quality body and skin care brand that is a great gift and personal treat; I have loved the brand for decades. Their Almond Shower Oil smells delightful and cleanses while leaving skin soft and hydrated. This link offers a 16.9 oz. bottle plus a 16.9 oz. refill of this shower oil for $49 (an $84 value).
- I adore Nécessaire body products, especially their body wash. The whole family loves the scents and how it leaves our skin feeling clean yet soft. This link offers two bottles of their cult-favorite eucalyptus body wash for $35 (a $50 value).
- I love Sunday Riley skincare, it's effective and high quality… and not cheap. So save during this sale. If you love their Good Genes lactic acid serum, Sunday Riley has an exclusive jumbo 3.3 oz. option for $185 (a $284 value). This set has Good Genes and the C.E.O. Vitamin C serum for $114 (a $165 value).
- I've been pretty clear about my thoughts on NuFACE, but I do recommend if you try the device, buy from Nordstrom so you can return if it craps out on you too. The MINI+ starter kit is on sale for $165 ($250 value), the TRINITY+ version is on sale for $265 (regularly $395), and the FIX is on sale for $99 ($165 value).
- If you love NARS makeup, some of their cult favorite are available in discounted bundles. Get two Climax mascaras for only $32, two Orgasm blushes for $40, two PowerMatte liquid lipsticks for $38, or two Afterglow lip balms for $38.
- Kiehl's is a brand that is a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale mainstay, and if you love the brand, check out what is in the sale as you can stock up for less. If you are new to the brand or looking for a small gift for a person who is hard to shop for, the Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is the shizz and on sale for $14.50 (usually $22).
- Looking for stocking stuffers for a tween or teen? Buy now and break up this Mario Badescu gift set. A $45 value, for $30 you get a lip balm, facial spray, and SPF 30 mineral sunscreen. I personally use both the sprays from this brand and this lip balm so it's also a good gift to give yourself!
The Best Apparel Sale Picks
Apparel is the category where I am the most hesitant to recommend for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I've been burned far too many times by a brand I trust and receiving things that look like sloppy fast fashion. So while I am a fashion blog, this will be the section with the fewest picks because I don't want to lead you astray.
- Eileen Fisher is a brand I know many of you love, and a brand I trust for quality. There are several new Eileen Fisher pieces part of the sale, they're all really basic classic pieces that can work with your existing wardrobe or mix and match for a mini capsule. Misses and plus sizes included (EF goes up to 3X), most items require you to put them in your virtual cart to see the price.
- Wit + Wisdom makes great-fitting jeans at reasonable prices, and a lot of their styles of jeans and pants are part of this sale. Called Ab-solution, the jeans have a panel in them to smooth the stomach, but it's not anything restrictive or that you even really feel when wearing. Their high-waisted ponte pants look great; link to black, black in plus, link to brown tweedy plaid, link to plus. I dig these under $50 straight jeans, these under $50 plus straight jeans, and these under $60 baby bootcut jeans.
- Halogen is a Nordstrom in-house brand. For years it was reliably quality pieces, but in recent years it has been hit or miss. I cannot guarantee quality, but based on my recent experience with the brand, the Halogen items in the NSale I'd consider getting are this cowl neck shell for $38.99, this long sleeve wrap blouse for $45.99 (here's the link for the same blouse in plus sizes), this button-up shirt for $51.99, and this base layer turtleneck for $25.99.
- I think this sale is a good time to get fancy-dancy brands for the price of the department store mainstays. This Reiss blazer is incredibly chic and over $200 off during the sale. This AllSaints leather moto looks like a perfectly worn-in vintage jacket and gets great reviews from customers. And actually, looking at the fancy-dancy brands I was able to make a work capsule wardrobe from BOSS, Vince and a Halogen top mentioned above. And yes, get that idea out of your head that red and green are Christmas. This isn't red, it's wine and rose. It's a dark green, and if you pair with cream and camel and black, it's chic and modern in 2023.
cropped pants from Vince | full-length pants from BOSS | leather jacket from BOSS | boxy blazer from Vince (same in plus sizes) | tailored blazer from BOSS | cashmere sweater from Vince | cowl top from Halogen | stretch silk blouse from Vince (same in plus sizes)
The Best Intimates and Hosiery Sale Picks
Every Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I seek out the bras, the socks, and the underwear because these are usually the same quality these well-known brands always offer, just in discontinued or limited edition colors or bundles where you get more for less. The items I recommend and may buy myself:
- Bombas socks. I know some folks love these socks, some hate them. I am a lover of Bombas, and so is my whole family so when the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale comes around, I stock up as Nordstrom has several styles in bundles for good prices. I really like their cotton no-show socks and this link offers three pairs for $26.99 (a $39 value). This link has six pairs of the same style for $54.99 (a $78 value). Their cotton blend ankle socks are a fave for sneakers, padding around the house, and I often wear on the Peloton bike. This six pack for $54.99 ($78 value) will be in my cart; they also have this link and this link for $26.99 three-packs.
- True & Co bralettes. While this brand doesn't work for my body, I know many of you are big fans of this brand and they always have good deals during the sale. This year, these are the five styles included in the sale, with each discounted $15-$20.
- Chantelle Lingerie is also a Nordstrom Sale mainstay, but that's a good thing as this brand carries high quality and a good size range. I am partial to their Soft Stretch undies, which aren't quite as invisible as my beloved Soma Vanishing undies, but a good alternative at a good price. Whether you like a high waist, hipster, French cut, bikini, or a full brief, they're all on sale for $14.90. Chantelle also has some bestselling bras on sale; the Norah and the C Magnifique Nouveau are two popular quality options.
The Best Outerwear Sale Picks
Where the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale shines is with outerwear. We're all sweating in summer and it's hard to think about winter coats, but this is one of the best times to get great brands at great prices.
- I have loved Bernardo outerwear for years. Great fit, great style, great quality, and good price. Almost all the Bernardo coats and jackets my family and I have owned have been picked up during this sale. My personal picks are this liner jacket, which is on trend to wear alone or put under your wool overcoat or trench; this quilted vest that I think is super chic; this water-repellant short parka with a hood; and I am drooling over this blue corduroy belted trench.
- Lauren Ralph Lauren is another brand I have had years of success with when it comes to coats. I have bought RRL during the Nordstrom sale and found the quality the same as I find it at all department stores and hope it is the same this year. If so, check out this chic wool blend plaid trench, this water-repellant belted trench (I especially love it in black), this classic trench, this wool blend coat with faux leather details, this plus size leather moto jacket, and this highly rated double breasted wool blend coat.
- If you are looking for a statement coat, I have bought Avec Les Filles and rented others from Rent the Runway and love the style, fit, and variety. This plaid overcoat is so cool and will elevate that run to the store sweatsuit and UGGs. This tweed coat is the perfect work/day dress coat and I love the colors; this is a cool alternative in a pretty plaid. I adore this brushed plaid coat, it's like a modern-day Mrs. Maisel. And this herringbone belted coat is so pretty and a subtle statement.
- I recommend that unless it's something you have wanted for eons, to not buy one of those wool blend belted robe-style coats. This kind of coat is the Barefoot Dreams cardigan of outerwear for the NSale. And it is practical for just a very short period of time as it doesn't really keep you warm or protected, but is too warm for southern winters. They're pretty, they're “flattering,” but they're impractical for most. Love, Alison
The Best Footwear Sale Picks
The majority of the footwear in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is either subpar styles designed for the sale or styles that are on clearance due to the style or color being discontinued. There are only a few brands and styles I would consider:
- Allbirds are fantastic, and they have their Tree Dasher sneaker on sale for $89.99 (usually $135) and Tree Breezer ballet flat for $69.99 (usually $100).
- Blondo always has styles of their elegant waterproof boots in the sale, but all of them except for one have zero reviews which makes me think these are styles designed specifically for the sale. And IMO, most of the styles feel a bit dated. The only ones I would even consider are these loafers for $89.99, maybe these heeled knee-high boots for $159.99, and these lug soled knee-high boots for $139.99. If you do get any of these, please report back on the quality!
- Aquatalia is another waterproof work-friendly footwear brand that is always in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I can recall in previous years folks having mixed results with this brand, finding the sale items sometimes awesome, sometimes more like outlet/factory quality. The Rozario boot and the Riya Loafer are classic, but the other styles aren't awesome enough to consider during the sale.
- Camper makes comfortable yet cool looking shoes. The Right Nina Flat is usually $165 but on sale for $109.99. This link is for the shoe in navy, and this link is for the shoe in red.
The Best Bags, Jewelry, and Accessories Sale Picks
I always pick up some good accessories during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. While I am hesitant to buy bags (same issue as with apparel and footwear with some being subpar quality), I do find jewelry, sunglasses, and other accessories to be standard quality at a great price.
- I love Jenny Bird jewelry and have for years. I often buy this quality, but not cheap brand during this sale. The styles are often ones being discontinued but who cares? I am still wearing Jenny Bird pieces I bought years ago. The styles available in the sale this year are pretty tame, but that's great because they will be elegant pieces you wear for years. This may be the sale where you upgrade those budget hoops to something that will keep its shine and style for years to come, and for the price of BaubleBar. I'm partial to the Stevie earrings, the Chubby Huggie hoops, and the Balloon Link huggie hoops.
- I also am a fan of Monica Vinader jewelry, and last year splurged on one of her rings. I may get another piece this year from the selection part of this Nordstrom sale. This gold ring is usually $200 but on sale for $164.99 and available up to size 11. This is the same ring I own but with diamond accents; it's usually $225 and on sale for $149.99. This necklace is the perfect wear with everything little pop of shine and color and would make a lovely gift; it's usually $150 on sale for just under $100.
- Argento Vivo makes wallet-friendly jewelry in Sterling silver or 18K gold plate and a bunch is on sale. These hoops in silver or gold bring the drama without a lot of weight and are $44.99. This initial necklace is beautiful for yourself or to gift; it's on sale for $39.99. And these tube hoops are an elegant size in silver and gold, on sale for $49.99.
- If you're looking to invest in Tumi luggage, check out what this brand has during this sale. Two sizes of their spinner suitcases and three nylon bags and all at prices where you're saving $200-$400.
- There are a few Coach bags part of the sale. I am not sure if they are traditional Coach quality or outlet level. If they are usual quality, I think this is an elegant and timeless shoulder bag (usually $395, on sale for $268.99).
- Same hesitation with AllSaints, a brand I love but I have been burned by in the NSale. That being said, I have bought AllSaints bags during the sale and continue to love them. This black leather croc embossed crossbody is $100 off and a pretty timeless style but looks cool and not at all boring.
The Best Bath, Bed, and Home Sale Picks
- Last NSale, I bought this 6-pack of DKNY washcloths for $13.99. They are thick 100% cotton, and because they're black they don't get ruined by makeup or haircolor (they do also have gray and white). They have faded slightly but have otherwise held up beautifully and I think I may get another pack this go round.
- I love the color, print, and whimsy of Dusen Dusen and am psyched to see the brand is part of the NSale. I may get two of their fruit stripe hand towels to update the hall bathroom!
- Silk pillowcases protect curls and delicate hair, are kinder to your skin, and are great for those with seasonal allergies as they don't hold dust, mold, or mildew like cotton. I've been burned by cheap Amazon silk pillowcases that shred after a few washes. These from Blissy are nice, I own one, and they come in great colors and are on sale for $55.99 (some $62.99) when usually around $80-$90 each. These will hold up far better than the $35 ones and save you money in the long run.
- The Dyson V11 Extra cordless vacuum cleaner is $100 off during this sale.
- If you've always wanted a Le Creuset Dutch oven, or have a wedding coming up and need a lovely gift, this one comes in amazing colors, is usually $375 but on sale for $239.99.
This is not everything that is worth it this year in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but these are the items I feel most confident recommending to you. There is no need to even check out this sale if you do not need anything. It's not a lot of fun or frivolous things this year, which is good, because it's not quite as fun to peruse and will keep you on track and on budget. But if you do need some things, I hope this list helps you narrow it down and shop quickly, smarter, and have more success!