If you follow more than one blog you're likely aware that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is here. Nordstrom cardholders get to shop early starting today, the rest of the public can shop starting July 20th. This is a much-hyped sale; unlike many sales that just have old merchandise they're trying to get rid of to make room for the next season, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is new stuff, fashion that is perfect for fall. Some are stellar deals, some are items made just for the sale that vary in quality, and some are previous season items at a drastic discount. I look forward to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale because it's a great time to stock up on staples but also score some fall fashion at a great price.
It's easy to get lured in by the prices and trends. You need to be careful with sales like this and shop with a strategy. Last year I wrote a piece on how to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale; it's the tactics I use to shop Nordstrom at any time, as well as what I do to search for items for blog posts. I recommend you read it before visiting the sale so you can use your time wisely, stay on budget, and not buy anything you don't need. Speaking of budget, nothing recommended is over $200.
Before even clicking a single link to Nordstrom, make a list of what you need, and what you think will update your existing wardrobe for fall and winter. Having a guide before you get swayed by pretty little things on sale will keep you on track. Whether it's $5 or $500, it's not a good deal if it's not what you need. Below I share the categories I find the best to shop during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and the items I find to be the best deals, the best style for fall, or items I already own and know are awesome.
Please note that items in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale sell out fast. Many complain that by the time the sale opens to the public lots of the good stuff is gone. I have a Nordstrom card that I pay off as soon as I use it for special perks like early access to sales. You can apply for a Nordstrom card at this link and shop immediately.
Coats and Jackets
- Shearling isn't going anywhere this fall and this faux shearling moto-inspired jacket from Caslon is a way to wear the trend without having the trend wear you. I mean, come on how snuggly and chic is this jacket? Regular and petite.
- Patagonia on sale! This jacket is lightweight, warm, water-resistant, and comes in a bunch of great colors. This may or may not be in my shopping cart!
- Chic and practical, I love this anorak-style raincoat from Bagley Mischka. This is begging to be taken on travel, but is also perfect for the weekend. Plus sizes only.
- This blanket-style cape is pretty chic in a Sundance/Pendleton sort of way. The perfecgt topper for cool nights and casual days.
- I have this jacket from Bernardo and it has been a favorite for two winters. Hood, great length, nice high neck, not too heavy or bulky, and comes in regular and petite sizes. A great buy.
- This anorak-style parka from Gallery is a great purchase as well. Detachable hood and fur lining, plenty of pockets, a waist to cinch for style and wind protection, and quite chic too.
- A fab puffer coat from Bernardo made to flatter. I love how the waist comes in at the back, and the practical yet chic collar. Plus sizes only.
- A classic trench from 1901 with a removable vest interior. Wear with the vest for warmth, alone on warmer days, or wear the vest on its own. Regular and petite sizes.
- This oversized trucker denim jacket from Levi's is such a chic color and I love the tonal shearling collar. Plus sizes only.
- Another classic trend, this time from Lauren Ralph Lauren and in plus sizes.
- This faux shearling and leather moto jacket is utterly badass and looks so luxe. Plus sizes only.
- I love the unique yet versatile color of this classic London Fog trench. Regular and petite sizes.
- The Natori ‘Feathers' bra is a cult favorite because it's pretty, comfortable, and supportive. While it's not my favorite, I have many friends who adore it. 6 colors on sale for $44.90
- The Chantelle ‘Rive Gauche' bra however, is a favorite and some of my “pretty bras” in my lingerie drawer. I bought my first one at last year's Anniversary Sale and glad to see it back this year. Three colors on sale.
- Spanx on sale? Yes please! The Spanx Higher Power Mid-Thigh Shaping Shorts are great for when you need compression and it's summer – chub rub prevention and smoothing in one and this price is awesome.
- Their Conceal-her shorts are a grat alternative if you don't want the high waist. Plus sizes only.
- Looking for a little less coverage? The Spanx Undie-tectable lace hipster panties are pretty and hard working and on sale for $15.90.
- Want a happy medium? The Spanx Higher Power Shaper Panties are also part of this sale!
- The Calvin Klein Modern T-Shirt Bra is a highly-rated classic and comes in eight different neutrals and skin colors. On sale for less than $30, now's the time to stock up!
- Another great every day seamless bra, this one from Wacoal and made for fuller figures.
- This lace bralette from Spanx is beautiful, gets rave reviews, and on sale for $31.90.
- The same bralette in plus sizes.
- Liked matched sets? Here's the briefs to match the bralette. What a pretty set!
- The same in plus sizes.
- Another fantastic bra from Chantelle, this one has memory foam which helps balance out your breasts, provide support without stress. Sounds hokey, but I have a memory foam bra and it's one of my favorites!
- The perfect spaghetti strap camisole to wear under most anything. I have one, it's pretty great. Ten colors, on sale for 2/$38 or around $20 each.
- The same tank but in plus sizes.
- If you desire a bit more coverage, this seamless tank is fantastic. Turn it around for a different neckline. Nine colors and the same price and shop and save deal.
- The same tank but in plus sizes.
- One of the best everyday briefs is these from Chantelle. Super comfy, tons of positive reviews, nine colors to choose from, and a great price or buy and save deal.
- Same in plus sizes.
- Why buy mediocre undies from the big box retailer when you can get Wacoal for only $10?
- Another nice everyday undie, same great price, and in plus sizes.
- I love control garments that have shoulder straps but still let you wear your favorite bra. This one from Spanx is pretty great.
- These are in my cart! I ADORE the Smartwool Hide & Seek no-show socks. They absorb moisture, they don't slide down, they're comfy all seasons of the year, and they really don't show. Also, they hold up. I have pairs that are years old and still look and work great!
- I Spanx shaping tights, and love them even more when they're on sale!
- Hanky Panky boyshorts on sale and a ton of colors to choose from.
- Hanky Panky Vikini briefs $13 off (these are some of my favorite everyday undies).
- Zella makes some of the best leggings at a good price, and with this sale the prices are even better. Their Live In High Waist Leggings are a fave because they don't cause a muffin top, don't ride down, and are a nice thickness and opacity. 3 colors on sale for $35.90.
- The same in plus sizes.
- Another Zella legging, but a cropped style with a fun mix of patterns.
- The Zella Mira Tank is simple, flattering, and functional. Oh, and it's on sale for less than $25.
- I have this Wacoal sports bra in a different color. I like it so much I may get this one too!
- I love my Nike Flyknit sneakers, they're like socks with a supportive cushioning sole. These look like a great replacement pair as I know I'll have worn my current pair out in a couple months!
- This doubleknit hooded jacket from North Face is great for chilly morning jogs as well as weekend errand runs. Three colors to choose from.
- A quick-drying long-sleeved tee from Nike perfect for cool-weather runs and outdoor activities. Two colors to choose from, plus sizes only.
Beauty and Gift Sets
- Love Keihl's Creme de Corps? Know someone else who does? This is the time to buy it as they have the big 33.8-ounce bottle on sale 1/3 off!
- A pillow that fights wrinkles? Sign me up! I'll admit the Iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase has intrigued me and it's even more intriguing on sale almost 50% off.
- I kinda want to get this just because it says Nordy Girl and I've been a Nordstrom lover since the '90s! It's a great gift set from MAC with wearable matte shadows, a bit of highlighter and all you need for a gorgeous eye. A $202 value for less than $45.
- I've been curious about LightStim for Wrinkles and know many who have used it and felt it has improved their skin. Tempting to try at this Anniversary Sale price!
- If you love Clinique Moisture Surge, this set is a phenomenal deal!
- Almost 20 years ago I sat at a Trish McEvoy makeup counter and left $400 poorer. I don't wear the makeup any more, but the brushes remained. I am still using many of the brushes I bought that day and love the quality so much I have replaced any lost or damaged brushes again with Trish. It's still not cheap, but this brush set is a fantastic value especially knowing you can still be using these same brushes decades from now.
- I know a lot of you rave about Philosophy Purity, there's a trio set part of the sale with two sizes of the wash and a small bottle of exfoliator on sale $25 cheaper than the value.
- If you love Mario Badescu or have wanted to try the skincare line, this kit of bestsellers is a good buy!
- This gift set from Benefit has some of my favorite pieces from the beauty line and at a great price!
- Paula's Choice BHA exfoliant is gentle yet extremely effective. Check out all the rave reviews to see how loved this product is. A nice price for two bottles!
- Every Nordstrom Anniversary Sale I purchase the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner set. This stuff is not cheap, so this is a treat. My hair thanks me, it makes my hair so soft and smooth and happy!
- I received a T3 hairdryer as a gift over a decade ago. That thing is still working great, it doesn't fry my hair. Can you say the same about drugstore hair dryers? Sometimes it's worth it to pay more, and it's nice when that pricey item is on sale!
- Jenny Bird on sale! I love this jewelry designer and have several pieces from her. I may have to add these open disc earrings to the collection.
- I'm into open disc earrings this season and these sparkly ones are super chic and less than $20.
- Super chic modern earrings and a super low price. Loving these curved disc earrings from Halogen.
- Bandolier on sale! I just raved about these iPhone cases earlier this week and now they're part of the sale! This one is very similar to the one I have and love.
- The same case but for an iPhone X.
- These double circle earrings from Gorjana are subtle but not boring. Enough to glam up a night out but classic enought to wear to the office.
- Brixton makes fantastic hats, and this classic fedora is no different except it's on sale!
Suiting and Office Fashion
- Last year I wrote about the best summer jacket for the office, and I was specifically talking about this one from Caslon, which I owned. It's the kind of jacket you can throw over a dress, a blouse, a sweater and it somehow looks chic. Buy one on sale and keep it on the back of your chair for those frigid office A/C temps.
- You know I love ponte and many of you do as well. These ankle pants from Vince Camuto are a classic, are comfy, will work now and through the winter and are on sale for less than $50.
- The same in plus sizes.
- Stretch wool trousers from Lafayette 148 in four classic colors on sale $100 off. This is an amazing deal for an elegant quality brand.
- Bobeau makes wallet-friendly and figure-friendly work blouses. I've owned many over the years and am crushing on this wrap style blouse they have this year. Less than $40 and five fantastic colors (I'm partial to the green).
- A chic sheath from Sejour perfect for the office and beyond. Two colors available and a gorgeous neckline. Plus sizes only.
- A ruffle neck sleeveless blouse that would look so chic tucked into trouser or a skirt, untucked with ankle pants, peeking out from a blazer or under a sweater. Regular and petite and five solid colors.
- The same in a pretty red floral.
- The same but in plus size.
- These stretch knit trousers from NYDJ are awesome. Super comfy and stretchy but polished enough for the office. Regular and petite sizes.
- The same pants but in navy.
- A versatile v-neck sleeveless blouse from Vince Camuto for work that can also glam up for evening. Several colors, plus sizes only.
- The perfect work blouse that looks great on its own, under a blazer or cardigan, tucked in or left out. Five color choices and petite sizing too for less than $50.
- A clean, classic long sleeved shift dress from Eileen Fisher with a hint of flare at the cuffs to keep it from being too basic. Regular and petite sizes and two colors.
- Another classic dress, this bateau neck sheath from Eliza J has such a flattering sleeve length and comes in two colors.
- The kind of shell that is a must in any workwear wardrobe. The pintuck detail of this Vince Camuto blouse makes it interesting enough to be on its own, or go without a necklace when under a blazer or cardigan. Regular and petite sizes and five colors.
- The same top in plus sizes.
- Yes, you can wear leather to the office, especially when it's as chic as this skirt from Sejour. Pair with classic pieces so it looks more boardroom than bar. Plus sizes only.
- This ruched sleeve faux wrap dress from Eliza J can be worn to the office, but also for date night, to a cocktail party, or a wedding. Two great colors to choose from.
- The same dress in plus sizes.
- I absolutely love this floral chiffon overlay long-sleeved dress from Vince Camuto. Wear to the office with pumps and maybe a leather obi belt. Wear on the weekends with suede booties and a denim jacket. Wear to a wedding or other occasion with nude pumps or heels. Two colors, regular and petite sizes.
- The same dress in plus sizes.
- Waterproof suede knee-high boots chic enough for the office, a night out, or your weekend. These boots from Blondo are positively stunning and I can't decide which color I love most!
- I love that loafers are back, flat yet structured and supportive footwear that is also fashionable. These loafers from Sam Edelman are so utterly badass, wear them with work trousers, with ankle pants, or your favorite jeans.
- It's so hard to find a sleek tall boot with a pointed toe and slim heel. These from Marc Fisher LTD are so elegant and classic and so many colors to choose from.
- When I wear my decade-old tall slim boots, I usually link to these from Nine West which are pretty similar. And now they're on sale!
- A sleek ankle bootie from SARTO Franco Sarto that will work with your jeans, your work pants, and even opaque tights and a dress.
- A classic loafer inspired by Gucci but at a much nicer price. From Louise et Cie.
- I got a pair of AG Jeans when I visited Trunk Club and I am now obsessed. Amazing quality, they shape to fit you, they don't bag out, I love them though they are not cheap. This sale helps, and these skinny jeans look pretty lovely.
- For those who desire a bootcut fit, the Natalie fit from Kut from the Kloth is fantastic. Regular and petite sizes available.
- Another great bootcut jean, this time from Wit + Wisdom and in plus sizes.
- The same cut of jeans but in plus sizes.
- I love the look of these black coated straight ankle jeans from SLINK, they almost look like leather. Plus sizes only.
- And how could I resist sharing the matching denim jacket? It has a removable faux fur collar too.
- My Wit + Wisdom jeans are a favorite, so I bet these straight leg jeans from the brand are also great. Regular and petite sizes.
Loungewear and Weekend Style
- Halogen ponte seamed leggings for less than $30. These are a favorite, and get rave reviews.
- Another pair of seamed-back ponte leggings, these from Two by Vince Camuto. I love ponte leggings because they're thicker than normal leggings and give a more finished look.
- If leggings aren't your jam, these skinny ponte pants from Halogen are a great alternative AND they come in regular and petite sizes.
- Every year bloggers rave about the Barefoot Dreams cozy Lite Circle Cardigan. Last year I ordered it during the Anniversary Sale to find out if it's worth the hype. IT IS. I LOVE THIS CARDIGAN. It's soft and cozy but not bulky and it's been in the washer and dryer many times and still looks great.
- The same cardigan in plus sizes.
- Every year bloggers also rave about Spanx's faux leather leggings and I must admit they are pretty fantastic. I am partial to these moto-inspired ones.
- The same in plus sizes.
- If you prefer the classic Spanx faux leather leggings they too are on sale.
- The same in straight sizes.
- I owned these lounge pants from Nordstrom Lingerie and loved them. I think you may too. Plus sizes only.
- I was torn whether to put this long open cardigan in workwear or loungewear. It's perfect for both, the type of thing you'll reach for time and again for warmth, style, and to complete an outfit. Regular and petite and six colors.
This is clearly not all the good things part of the sale. But I went through 45 pages of content to find what I think are the best buys, the most classic pieces, the most wearable items from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that are under $200. But take a peek, there's much more and plenty in other categories like home, kids, men, and more!