This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
In the Wardrobe Oxygen Community on Facebook, a member asked about zip-front robes. She preferred that to a tie front, and I get it. Especially in the winter, I want full coverage and ultimate coziness that often is lacking in a robe that falls open when you sit and leaves your collarbone cold. These are the coziest zip-front robes I found:
The Coziest Zip-Front Robes
One thing I have learned with robes is that in general, you get what you pay for. This is even more true for zip-front robes. While I don't see any need for something like a $500 robe, you will find that design, fabric quality, manufacturing, and durability will improve if you're willing to pay a bit more. A robe is a piece that will get laundered often and comfort is paramount; I recommend sticking with the robe you have now and saving up for the right robe rather than trying to find a bargain.
Follow laundering instructions and if in doubt, be even more gentle. Zip closed before tossing in, wash inside-out, line dry when possible. Robes are large and bulky and can easily stretch out, get caught on other items, and get damaged in the machine. The more you care for your robe, the longer it will last and the better it will look and feel.
- Please note while I put these blue and black print zip-up robes together to make a nice color palette, most of these robes are available in other colors. For example, robe seven from L.L. Bean comes in six different colors with many more photos online of models who are different sizes.
- The leopard robe from Natori (five) is on final sale for $21.89 and at the time of writing, has the full size range available (XS-XL). The cream leopard version is still full price at $140. Natori is a high-quality intimates brand; while I haven't tried this robe in particular I have had other Natori robes and loved them and found they fit true to size. Check the size chart though, as this robe is a great price but it is final sale.
- The teal robe with sherpa collar (six) is also from Natori and on sale, though still around $100. It gets great reviews for quality and coziness.
- The pale blue fleece robe from L.L. Bean (four) can be monogrammed which I think is a lovely touch for a gift or to treat yourself. It comes in four other great colors and reviews say it runs a bit large.
- The dark green quilted robe (one) from Miss Elaine gets high ratings for comfiness and quality. If you have tried this brand before and been disappointed, this one may prove a better choice. It also comes in Storm (a dark gray), Rose (a soft pink), and the Misses version comes in Indigo.
- Again, just because this is a pink/red/cream color palette does not mean the robes featured only come in these colors. For example, the burgundy robe (six) from Youbuy comes in 14 different colors.
- For the folks who think zip-front robes are only for the elderly, know that brands like Barefoot Dreams makes robes (two) and it's sold at all the major department stores. Not only that, this robe sells out FAST!
- Speaking of trendy brands creating zip-front robes, the gray patterned hooded robe (eight) is from UGG and comes in two colors.
- The gray-blue high-neck robe (five) from Stan Herman also comes in blush and light gray. The Misses version has a few more colors. It gets a 4.5 out of 5 for both size options, with over 100 reviews on each link and a lot of the low reviews are from customers who didn't read the description carefully. At the time of writing this, it's on sale for less than $40 and if you need it fast a free store pickup may be possible depending on your proximity to a Kohl's.
- The dark navy robe from Avenue (one) is on clearance for $23.70; regularly $79. Shop fast, as when I first wrote this it had 2X-6X but when I came back to do an edit it only had 3X-5X.
Zip-up robes are cozy, and available at most every major retailer. I found them at intimates stores like Bare Necessities, department stores like Kohl's and Saks Fifth Avenue, multi-channel site like Zappos and Amazon, and reputable retailers like L.L. Bean and Vermont Country Store. They sell for $25 and for $250 and come in a pretty good range of sizes. If I missed a super cozy zip-up robe, do share it in the comments!