This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
With up to 40% off there’s some awesome deals during Nordstrom’s sale, which is on until February 21st. While there’s plenty of winter stuff they’re trying to get off their hands, there’s also lots of fashion that works now and into the spring and summer and pieces that will be stylish now and a year from now. I already shared my picks from the Nordstrom Winter Clearance Sale for plus size fashion; this post features my picks from shoes, bags, and standard-sized fashion:
- I featured the Cole Haan ZeroGrand in my silver shoe post and a reader shared how comfy they are. The gold metallic version is on sale 25% off and a few colors on sale 40% off (the metallic blue is pretty fab and would look awesome with jeans!).
- My Vince Camuto Effel sandals are one of my best buys ever. A neutral color, a blend between bootie and sandal that looks great with skirts and pants, and a wearable heel height make them the most worn shoes in my closet come spring. These are a very similar concept, come in three colors, three widths, and are 30% off.
- These are the silver booties from BCBG Max Azria I’ve worn in a few of my most recent outfit posts. They’re not a low heel, but I find the shoe surprisingly comfortable. 40% off.
- Highly rated, low priced, and versatile? Score! The BP ‘Luminate’ ankle strap sandal is 40% off (less than $40) the perfect shoe for most any dress in your closet and will also dress up jeans and cigarette pants. This link is for three fun colors in suede and a leopard print, this link is the same shoe in sparkly metallic and snakeskin finishes.
- An adorable pointed toe loafer from Marc Fisher LTD in silver will look great with cigarette pants, ankle jeans, or work trousers. 25% brings them under $100.
- I regularly suggest these almond toe animal print calfhair flats in capsule wardrobes. It doesn’t hurt that they’re comfy and from Dr. Scholl’s and even better that now they’re on sale for less than $60!
- Leopard calfhair pumps from Nine West with a nice 2 ¼” heel and on sale for under $70.
- Aquatalia boots are not cheap, but they are extremely well made, classic enough to be stylish for years, and are weatherproof. No worrying about ruining your riding boots in slush! The elegant Aquatalia ‘Olita’ weatherproof riding boot is on sale 40% off and comes in regular and wide calf options.
- Another waterproof leather boot, this one from Andre Assous with a bit chunkier of a sole but still a classic look. Wide calf, and two shoe widths available. 65% off so it’s only a hair more than $100!
- Another shoe I recently featured, the classic Vans slip-on sneaker gets upgraded in a silver finish and right now it’s 40% off!
- I know many of you love a block heel for the stability and walkable height. This one from Nina is super cool because it’s business in the front and a party of an accent heel in the back. Fun, but still office appropriate, four colors available and the sale price makes this shoe under $90.
- A wedge pump is great because it’s comfortable for longer periods of time, but still looks professional peeking out from suiting trousers. The ‘Woodstock’ from Franco Sarto is an elegant shape and on sale for less than $70. This link has three colors in suede, and this link offers the same shoe in black leather.
- Sometimes brands send me things that I love but I can’t get into an outfit post in time. These pumps from Rockport were sent to me, and like all other Rockport shoes I have tried, they are insanely comfortable and well made. This light gold metallic snakeskin finish is so chic, and would look great at the office or paired with dark jeans. They come in widths and the sale price makes them a hair over $100. I hope to style these on the blog once the weather is better!
- A classic Chelsea boot is a smart addition to any wardrobe. This one from Bella Vita comes in four colors AND four widths to fit and flatter anyone. On sale 25% off so you can score these for less than $150!
- For those who are just dipping your toe into the leopard shoe waters, this subtle print calfhair pump from Johnson & Murphy is a great option and on sale for less than $150.
- A pointy toed flat gives a more professional vibe and looks great peeking out of trouser legs. This one from Calvin Klein has a 2 metallic finishes that are fun but still office appropriate. 25% off makes them less than $70.
- A funky strappy heel that is under 3” in height is always a treasured find. This one from Via Spiga would look appropriate at many offices with trousers or sheath dresses but would also be a great dressy shoe, glamming up a LBD or expertly pattern mixing with a floral frock. 40% off.
- For those of you who love an extra strap for support or a vintage vibe, this elegant Mary Jane from Calvin Klein is for you. 15% off makes the price under $90 and the style is elegant and timeless.
- A mirror-finish silver pump with a nice low heel… and under $45? Awesome!
Jackets, Blazers, and Outerwear
- I have the longer version of this packable jacket from Bernardo and love how it’s lightweight but still keeps me toasty warm. It also is shaped for a woman’s figure so you don’t end up resembling the Michelin Man. Regular and petite sizes, two colors to choose from, and 50% off.
- For those like me who are always on the hunt for petite leather jackets that won’t be too long in the arms, this Bernardo leather jacket is a great choice. Classic styling and shape, two colors, and petite sizes available. 50% off and a great price for real leather!
- A statement coat is always a nice addition to the outerwear wardrobe and this clutch coat from Helene Berman fits the bill. I love the fuzzy texture and the bold black and ivory stripes; it would look chic with a sweater and jeans and so smart over a brightly colored frock! On sale half off.
- I always suggest trenchcoats during sale picks but that’s when I got my DKNY one that I wear like crazy and have for almost a decade. It’s such a good purchase, and this one from Halogen is a classic style, has a detachable hood, comes in three colors, regular and petite sizes. 33% off AND machine washable!
- The Hinge ‘Expedition’ jacket is a modern take on the utility jacket. Available in navy and olive and with a flattering shape, this is a casual jacket that can replace your denim jacket and look great with a tee and jeans or slipped over a sundress in spring. 33% off and less than $60!
- A classic leather moto jacket in unexpected colors. This leather jacket from Truth & Pride comes in fire engine red or cobalt blue, gets good reviews, and is on sale 55% off.
- I try to keep my picks to items with a decent size selection. This cape from Finders Keepers isn’t one of those but it’s so utterly cool I had to share it anyway. Only available in a Medium/4-6 and maybe that’s a good thing because if it came in my size I’d likely buy it! On sale 40% off.
- My sister has the ‘Baily’ from Vince Camuto and adores it. Perfect size, design, shape. This bag is on sale 40% off in two statement finishes that would look great in winter and through the summer.
- I’m not a huge fan of bags with visible logos, but this mini satchel from Kate Spade is such a perfect combination of shape, texture, and color I’m making an exception. It’s also pretty nice to get it at 40% off.
- I’ve been in love with this fringed Milly handbag for a year and was torn between the orange and this silver metallic version. Now that the silver is on sale for less than $200 I may have to take the plunge!
- A bucket bag is a classic shape for a purse; this one from Rebecca Minkoff gives a rock and roll vibe with the lacing and buckles but the black metal hardware keeps it from being too extreme and provides elegance. This is a chic bag that would add a cool touch to many wardrobes and the under $175 price is super nice.
- This tumbled faux leather tote from Halogen has a clean timeless shape and look but the contrast tassel detail makes it modern. Two colors available, plenty of room to hold all you need to carry, and on sale for less than $25.
- How fun is this black beaded fringe clutch purse from Natasha Couture? This would glam up any dress in your closet and make even a simple tank and jeans look ready for a night out on the town. On sale 40% off which makes it less than $50!
- I shared this dress as an alternative to the Issa for Banana Republic dress I wore a couple weeks ago and now it’s on sale for a hair over $70. I’ve owned Many Maggy London dresses over the years and they are always a great fit and great quality.
- The perfect sheath dress! This elegant dress from Classiques Entier is of Italian ponte, comes in two colors, and is on sale 40% off.
- Super flattering, super modern, but something that would be at home in the workplace. I want to style this navy and white ponte knit wrap dress from Classiques Entier with a pair of heels in some dramatic color like orange, though this would look so chic under a white blazer with pumps or ankle booties. On sale 50% off.
- This simple tee-shirt swing dress from Socialite isn’t anything fancy, but the perfect throw-on dress for summer weekends, to wear as a bathing suit cover-up, or even as a nightshirt. At $20.40 and with five colors to choose from, you can find many reasons to add one of these into your closet.
- This chiffon surplice gown from Paper Crown is the type of piece you don’t think you need but end up wearing all the time. Envision it with gold hoops and metallic flat sandals. With a denim jacket. With a long strand of pearls and heels. With a wide beaded belt. The dark red color works all year round and can better dress down with brown or tan leather. 40% off (other colors are still full price).
- This pleated crepe sheath dress from Adrianna Papell doesn’t have a lot of sizes left, but I still had to share it because it’s so pretty, so flattering, so versatile. Two colors, regular and petite sizes, and on sale for a bit under $72.
- This isn’t a dress, but it’s the only skirt in my picks so I stuck it here and since I wrote the post I can write the rules! Anyway, this tea length taffeta skirt is from Monique Lhuillier’s Bridesmaids line but it’s perfect for non-wedding days. Consider my formalwear capsule post to get some ideas on how to rock it for a multitude of social occasions, but don’t be afraid to pair with a band tee, a tank and denim shirt, a turtleneck sweater and tights. Four colors to choose from. The sale price makes it cheaper than other retailers who sell such skirts as everyday fashion!
Sweaters, Cardigans, Ponchos, and Ruanas
- I have this sweater, I love this sweater. I even put it in my real-life capsule wardrobe. It runs big, so if unsure size down. I bought it and found it worth it full price, now it’s just over $40!
- I bought this same sweater in black several years ago and love it. Trouve knows how to make an effortlessly slouchy sweater and it has held up nicely over years of wear and washing. Now on sale for a bit over $45. Here’s a link for the sweater in black.
- Super cute slouchy striped crewneck sweater. Two colors to choose from and on sale for just a few coins over $25!
- A classic cable knit crewneck sweater from Treasure & Bond in two excellent colors, comes with a ton of positive reviews, and on sale for less than $50. This is such a score.
- This button-cowl neck poncho from Woven Heart looks so cozy, and I can’t decide which color pattern I like best. I also like that it’s on sale for less than $35!
- This intarsa-stripe crewneck sweater from MICHAEL Michael Kors is so crisp, so modern, and oh so flattering! Choose black or navy stripe and pair this with trousers or a skirt to work or jeans for the weekend. 50% off makes it less than $50!
- The fine gauge crewneck sweater from Halogen has a trim fit that looks great for the office, weekends, and under layers. Two stripes and a bright red available, regular and petite sizes, and on sale for less than $35.
- How cozy is this turtleneck poncho sweater from Cupcakes and Cashmere? Even better that it’s 40% off!
- This sweater from 1.State is called a poncho, but it really just looks like an oversized cableknit crewneck. No matter what it is, I like it and could totally rock it with jeggings and booties on the weekend, every weekend. On sale 40% off.
Jeans, Pants, and Leggings
- Not a bad price on faux leather leggings, and decent reviews too. I love Trouve, and bet these have a nice realistic looking finish in person. On sale for less than $50.
- Another option is these faux leather skinny pants from BLANKNYC. With jeans styling, these are often the pants I share as “similar” when I wear my leather-front pants and I love that they’re on sale for less than $60.
- A pair of menswear-inspired trousers are always chic, and these from Lafayette 148 New York are perfect (and get fabulous reviews). While the other colors are still full price, black is on sale 40% off.
- Flare jeans are back, and these light wash flares from Madewell are perfect now with black boots and a turtleneck sweater and come summer with a bateau tee and wedge sandals. On sale 15% off.
- I love the comfort of JAG Jeans’ pull-on jeans; these are their pull-on skinny jeans, they come in four different colors and are on sale for less than $40!
- The NYDJ Alina Skinny jeans are one of my favorites; I have them in black and wear them all the time. Nine colors, regular and petite sizes, and on sale for less than $55.
- Classic skinny pants from Halogen on sale for less than $30 – perfect now and great come spring!
- I love me some JAG Jeans, in fact as I write this I am wearing a pair of their pants. Their ‘Rowan’ stretch ponte slim leg pants look like a winner. Only petite sizes available, but two colors and on sale for less than $50.
Blouses, Shirts, Tops, and Tees
- I have never been disappointed by Nordstrom Collection – luxury fabrics, excellent fit, beautiful craftsmanship. However, I can’t afford it except during Nordstrom clearance sales like this one. This crisp and classic white shirt looks perfect and is on sale 55% off.
- I love a lightweight striped tee with a scoop neck – great under sweaters, blazers, cardigans, tucked into skirts, or worn with skinny jeans and boots. And when it’s on sale for a bit over $10? Can’t resist!
- This pleat-front tank from Ellen Tracy is all about the detail. Simple white shell for work or dressing up, but the pleat detail makes it elegant. And on sale for less than $42 makes it a great buy!
THIS IS THE TIME! This is the time of year when I get all my high quality cashmere from Nordstrom. While their Halogen brand is pretty budget-friendly year round, this is the sale when you can get their higher-end Nordstrom Collection and other designer brands for much much less. Stock is low, so I apologize in advance if your size is out but congratulate you if you get a great cashmere score!
- This gorgeous cashmere cable knit sweater from Nordstrom Collection is thick and has a flattering funnel neck. Regularly almost $400, it’s on sale for less than $200. This link is for the sweater in black, http://bit.ly/1oHAVKW this link is for the sweater in ivory.
- This cashmere v-neck from Halogen has a drapey shape that will look great with slim jeans or half-tucked. Usually $158 it’s on sale for less than $95.
- This long cashmere cardigan from Nordstrom Collection is luxe. The tan color would look great with pastels, olive, other brown-based neutrals, and denim. Usually almost $400, it’s on sale for less than $190.
- This cashmere sweater from Nordstrom Collection has a double v-neck which is a pretty touch. Three colors available and on sale 50% off.
- I am loving the subtle rib on this cashmere v-neck sweater from Nordstrom Collection, and love the four colors available. I also love that it’s 50% off!
- What a flattering drape neck on this cashmere sweater from Classiques Entier. The red color is on sale for $118.80, ivory and black are on sale for $84.98.
- A classic cashmere turtleneck from Nordstrom Collection in two classic colors and on sale for less than $100 – this is such a steal! Here’s a link with two more colors of the sweater.
- It also comes in a navy and ivory stripe that’s so chic and while it’s a bit more, it’s still 50% off.
- I love my cashmere sweater dress, it’s a favorite when it’s cold. I put a whole slip under it, fleece tights and boots and am cozy and warm. This cashmere sweater dress from Classiques Entier is elegant enough for the office and on sale for 50% off.
- Autumn Cashmere makes great cashmere and it’s wonderful to get it on sale. This classic crewneck is a wardrobe staple and is the size that looks great untucked, tucked in, or worn over a collared shirt. On sale 40% off.
- Nordstrom Collection also has a cashmere boatneck in a relaxed fit and four great colors. On sale for less than $100.
- I have this Halogen v-neck cashmere sweater and it’s nice. Lofty, a flattering neckline, slits on the side so it looks nice untucked with slim pants or jeans or even tucked in. On sale for less than $50, 13 colors and petite and regular sizes. Also available in plus size.
- And Halogen also has a cashmere crewneck sweater. 12 colors, regular and petite sizes, and also on sale for less than $50. Also available in plus sizes.
- I have two of these cashmere beanies from Halogen and they’re soft, don’t give me hathead, and don’t look stupid when pulled down to cover my ears. On sale for $21.98 which is cheaper than an acrylic version at a big box retailer!
- The pattern on this cashmere poncho from White + Warren is fantastic and the perfect piece to tie together so many wardrobe staples. Wear with denim and chambray, neutrals, pastels, jewel tones, and everything in between. Throw over a striped tee and jeans, belt over a sheath dress, and you’ll want to wear it on every flight and take on every trip. Usually over $350 on sale for $131.
i liked the dress~!
Bridget Wall says
This is great! So many good things.
Random question of the day: I’ve read your comments about Eliza J quality and fit, and ponte in general, but all of the dresses I’ve bought in the past year are really starting to pill and look tired. I guess I wasn’t that surprised when this happened to items that I bought in grad school from thrift stores, but these are dresses that cost originally $50-$300, and dresses that I take care of (wash on cold/cold and line dry; washing perhaps every 5-10 wears since I wear silk long underwear and tights underneath, so they’re not even touching skin in the winter). Is this normal? Am I doing it wrong? I just thought that I’d be able to invest in good work clothes and that they’d be okay for 3-5 years, not just 6 months. Any thoughts?
Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen says
To be honest I don’t have an Eliza J ponte dress, I realize all the ones I have from the brand are chiffon overlay or matte jersey. I haven’t had issue with ponte dresses pilling, but looking in my closet my ponte is from Dobbin (RIP), Talbots, and LOFT (few years old). The only ponte item I have had issue with pilling on is one from Banana Republic and it made me never buy such fabrics from them again. What do you wash them with? I do mine on gentle, I only do with other soft fabrics (no buckles, zippers, denim, etc.), but that can’t be it since you’re not laundering on a regular basis. That shouldn’t be happening, in fact that’s grounds for a return it should survive much better than that! Sorry to hear this Bridget!
Bridget Wall says
Okay, I was wrong about Eliza J. I am mixing up blue patterned dresses (why do I have two blue patterned dresses? ha).
But, in the interest of science + not wanting to repeat my same mistakes:
2 Ralph Lauren stretchy polyester (labeled wash cold)
2 Calvin Klein ponte-like 77% polyester, 20% rayon (labeled dry clean only)
London Times ponte-like polyester (labeled wash cold)
Vince Camuto stretchy polyester (labeled wash cold)
Ellen Tracy ponte-like polyester (labeled wash cold)
Madison Leigh stretchy polyester (labeled wash cold)
Nine West half stretchy, half ponte polyester (labeled dry clean only)
This is about half the dresses I’ve bought within the past six months. It’s just strange that it’s so many different brands having such similar failure rates. It just makes it tough, because what lesson do I learn? Just don’t buy those brands I guess?
Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen says
Well I recently ordered some ponte pants from Lands’ End and was flabbergasted they dared to call the fabric ponte. It wasn’t much thicker than jersey, had a nice smooth finish and sure it stretched, but it’s not the dense fabric I associate with the term. I think ponte got hot and brands were cheapening the fabric but still using the same term. I have had success with Vince Camuto and Lauren Ralph Lauren and London Times but to be honest I haven’t purchased poly stretch or ponte from any of them for a long while. Calvin Klein and Nine West have both disappointed me in the past but I have also found winners. I think it’s brands using cheaper fabric to stay competitive or because they can get away with this. So unfortunate 🙁
Bridget Wall says
It’s funny, I ordered a ponte dress from eshakti and was shocked—it’s a bit stretchy, but much more like a thin cotton than a thick woven ponte! (And do be fair, the fabric is really holding up beautifully…but it’s just not ponte).
It’s too bad that they’re getting away with the cheaper fabrics and general confusion around the fabric type, because good quality ponte is such a great fabric! And one worth spending money on. Now, if I could only know before buying if it’s a piece that will last or not.