When I do sale pick posts, I usually mix all sizes together because I think it’s crap that larger sizes are separated (and usually hidden in the corner of a store if existent at all). Also many of you Wardrobe Oxygen readers are cusp sized and shop from both departments. However, when perusing the Nordstrom Winter Clearance sale I was impressed by the plus size options and found so many it warranted a separate post. How refreshing to be able to make an entire post of great fashion in sizes 12W and up from a department store! My picks, separated by category:
- A pretty floral wrap dress from Adriana Papell for work and for weekends. This is a print that will take you from the office to a date to a daytime wedding with ease and is 40% off.
- A pretty lacy frock from Eliza J to wear to all your weddings this spring and summer. Pair with nude or a soft metallic heel. Consider switching out the belt for a different color or even a grosgrain ribbon in a contrast color. 40% off.
- I love the flapper vibe of this beaded dress from Pisarro Nights; the navy color makes it work year round and the under $100 sale price makes it a great buy for weddings, cocktail parties, holiday fetes and everything else that may pop up on your 2016 social calendar!
- A classic wrap dress in two perfect colors; this is the type of piece that can easily dress up or down with a quick change of accessories. The fabric makes it perfect for travel and wearable three seasons of the year. 40% off from MYNT 1792.
- What a gorgeous black and white print wrap dress! I love how the print changes size as it goes toward the hem and is different on the belt. From Adriana Papell and on sale 40% off.
- A super pretty printed shantung fit and flare dress from Gabby Skye that is begging to be worn to your next social occasion. The color story makes matching shoes and bag a breeze! 40% off makes it less than $65!
- Chic and classic, this black lace overlay wrap dress gets rave reviews for being quite flattering and such a style will work year round for so many social occasions. On sale 40% off so it’s only a hair over $100.
- The tomato color of this short sleeve shift dress from Tahari is so pretty and works year-round; the cutout detail at the neck keeps it from being boring and reduces the need for jewelry. Wear now with a black blazer and tights, and come spring with nude pumps. 40% off.
- I love the simplicity of this cap sleeve maxi dress from MICHAEL Michael Kors. It’s a great basic that can transform with what you pair with it. A denim jacket, a beaded bolero, a scarf worn cowboy style, several long strands of pearls, a waterfall cardigan and boots… On sale 40% off.
- This gorgeous silver beaded mosaic-like metallic cocktail dress from Marina is a work of art and will garner many ooohs and aaahs when you wear it. On sale for less than $135 but looks much more expensive.
- A classic trench from Calvin Klein in a classic color and a flattering length. From Calvin Klein, and the 40% off sale price makes it less than $150!
- Ditch the black cardigan and frumpy shawl and upgrade your dresses with this faux fur capelet from Eliza J. 40% off.
- If brown faux fur is more your style, check out this short faux fur jacket from Marina, on sale 40% off.
- Or maybe you’re the type who needs this black faux monkey fur cropped jacket from ELOQUII in your life. Pair with dresses for formal events, or style with a simple tank and jeans for a night out on the town. 50% off makes the price very nice.
- The stand collar and ruffle placket detail of this car coat from Tahari makes it so feminine, so elegant, but still timeless. The pale beige color is a nice change from black but just as versatile. 33% off.
- This faux Persian lamb coat from Gallery reminds me of my own coat, and I find mine to be such a warm and luxe alternative to wool. The material has a bit of shine and plenty of texture to catch the light and stand out in a crowd. It also helps it dress up well being a more formal coat for cold nights and dressy affairs. On sale 50% off.
- This grey heather car coat from Larry Levine is simple, elegant, and looks far more expensive than its sale price of under $200. I love how there’s not obvious hardware, just makes it look more refined.
- This belted coat from Ellen Tracy is begging to go on vacation with you. A fabric that looks chic even after being shoved in a carryon bag, a stowaway hood, plenty of secure pockets, and a length that is chic with skirts and pants makes this a versatile and stylish wardrobe edition. Two colors available and 33% off.
- If you’re tired of buying cheaply made coats and wraps that don’t last more than one season and don’t flatter your figure, this coat is for you. If you’re a successful woman but your coat collection doesn’t match your work wardrobe, this coat is for you. This wool and cashmere wrap coat from Fleurette isn’t cheap even on sale, but gosh it’s elegant and luxe and versatile and it’s refreshing to see brands create such luxury pieces in larger sizes. 50% off.
- Another elegant coat, at a much more manageable price. This a-line wool blend coat from Ellen Tracy comes in three colors and is a classic that will look chic for years. 50% off.
- And for a belted coat look for less, this pick from Tahari is quite nice. Two colors and on sale for less than $250.
- Shearling is hot this season and I know is a trend that will continue into fall and next winter. The pale pink and cream colors of this draped coat from Laundry by Shelli Segal adds elegance and femininity and would look great with denim, black, olive, grey, and shades of tan and taupe. On sale for less than $200.
- If you’re going to wear faux fur, make it fabulous! This navy and black a-line coat also from Laundry by Shelli Segal is an awesome color, awesome texture, and flattering silhouette and can be your evening coat with cocktail dresses or just utterly badass with jeans and a tee. 33% off makes it less than $250.
- I love a leopard coat, it’s so fun and adds style to a grey winter day. This one from Via Spiga balances the print with a very simple classic silhouette making it stylish for many years. 35% off keeps it under $200.
- This collarless leather jacket can be worn with a scarf as a fall jacket, or replace a blazer. The zippers make it tough, but the tonal embroidery gives it a feminine and artsy vibe. The reviews are very positive and 35% off makes such nice leather a reasonable price.
- While I won’t be rocking cropped flares this spring, I do see the appeal and I think they look best on a tall curvy woman. These from Classiques Entier are polished enough for the workplace and if paired with a suit jacket or blouse can make corporate attire both appropriate and on trend. 40% off.
- This black, white, and blue print crepe blouse from Sejour is chic and not at all like the cabbage rose muumuus of the past. Wear to work with pants of any lengths, with or without a blazer, or a skirt. Style for a night out with leather leggings or dark skinny jeans.
- Another great blouse for work and play, this one in stretch silk by Classiques Entier (could look quite chic with the cropped flares!). 40% off.
- This drape front blazer with zipper detail has a rock and roll vibe but is completely appropriate for the office. However, it can also transition to the weekend or happy hour by being paired with a simple knit and jeans. 40% off keeps this Vince Camuto blazer under $100.
- It’s always nice to have long cardigans like this one from Lauren Ralph Lauren in the wardrobe to slip on when there’s a chill; with this gorgeous cobalt color and elegant finish it’s nice enough for the office and would look downtown cool with leather leggings and booties. 40% off.
- Foxcroft shirts are the best; opaque, shaped for curves, well made, and good quality. This white shirt from the brand is shaped, wrinkle resistant, and on sale for less than $50. Also available in two pretty jewel tones.
- I think I have a bit of a crush on this blazer cape from MYNT 1792. This is coolness all wrapped up in one garment and is a weight where it could be worn as a blazer or as a lightweight topper in fall or spring. 33% off keeps it under $200.
- This crepe tank from Lauren Ralph Lauren is a perfect shell for suits or can be worn on its own for a night out. In basic black or bright orange, the subtle lace-up detail on the sides adds interest without making it too wild for the workplace. 40% off.
- Super luxe leather asymmetrical jacket from Sejour is a great topper for cool weather or a chic alternative to a blazer or denim jacket. While the black is versatile, I’m partial to the gorgeous grey color. 50% off makes it less than $200 for real leather!
- The ‘Sydney’ suit jacket from ELOQUII has classic tailoring and receives rave reviews for the fit and quality. This link is for the jacket in black, this link is for the jacket in navy doubleweave; both are on sale for less than $65.
- The ‘Ela’ pants from Sejour get rave reviews for fit and make for a perfect work trouser. On sale for less than $45.
Jeans, Pants, and Leggings
- The NYDJ ‘Isabella’ stretch trouser jean is so lean and refined. No goofy pocket embroidery, just crisp dark denim that is begging to be worn on Casual Friday or styled with a silky blouse and kitten heels for a creative workplace or happy hour. 40% off and a plethora of positive customer reviews.
- Flare jeans are back in style, and these from Lucky Brand have a flattering color wash, a nice wide hem which gives a vintage vibe and looks great with a chunky shoe, and are 30% off (less than $65!).
- I never would have expected a pair of grey jeans to be so flattering or versatile, but since I added a pair to my wardrobe I can’t stop wearing them! While the ‘Barbara’ from NYDJ is a bootcut, it’s a subtle flare that just balances the figure and works with most any shoe. Available in ‘Eclipse’ (grey) and two other colors at 50% off.
- Want the look of leather leggings but the ability to machine wash? Check out these coated leggings from MYNT 1792. Reviews say they’re made well and look like real leather. 25% off.
- Oh the silhouette on these ponte flare leg pants from MYNT 1792 is delicious! So modern, so on trend, and to be in stretchy ponte AND on sale 40% off? Yes!
Sweaters and Cardigans
- This cool fringe-detail cardigan from NIC + ZOE should NOT be styled with that camel top. Imagine it with a simple v-neck tee, or a band tee, or a Breton striped top or over a black shift with some knee-high boots, maybe the cardigan belted. See, isn’t it super awesome now? And even more awesome that it’s 40% off!
- Another piece styled wrong so you can’t see its awesomeness. Imagine this slouchy space-dyed sweater from Eileen Fisher with girlfriend jeans and biker-inspired ankle booties. With waxed or leather jeans and pointy pumps. With white jeans, a pendant necklace, and flat metallic sandals. See, isn’t it great? Even greater at 40% off.
- The ‘Oasis’ top from NIC + ZOE is pretty awesome and I love that you can remove the scarf for a completely different look. This color makes it work three seasons of the year.
- This faux wrap sweater from Sejour comes in the prettiest shade of blue and is a step up from basic knit tops yet just as versatile and comfy! 40% off.
- Any surprise that I love this bright orange ribbed sweater from Lauren Ralph Lauren? Imagine it against dark wash denim, paired with white come spring, worn with olive or a black and white pair of ankle pants… orange is a great accent color for a wardrobe of neutrals and the thick rib of this sweater is classic yet very on trend at the same time. 40% off makes it less than $60.
- Cashmere in nine different colors and less than $60!
- Much of Melissa McCarthy’s Seven7 collection left me underwhelmed, but one piece I always liked was this dip-dye fuzzy cardigan. Now it’s on sale 55% off!
Tops and Tees
- So simple, but so chic. This white belted poncho-inspired top from MICHAEL Michael Kors is elegant and would work for the office with trousers, the weekend with skinny jeans and booties, or a night out with skinny black pants and heels.
- For lounging on weekends in style, this cocoon-style knit cardigan from Yummie by Heather Thomson is perfect. Not too bulky, not too thin, super soft and a flattering shape will make you want to banish all your old worn-out sweats. 40% off.
- Another great lounge piece from Yummie by Heather Thomson is this oversized cowl neck tunic. Basic black or a delicious dark blue will keep you cozy on the couch or glam up with leggings and knee-high boots for weekend activities. Also 40% off.
- A classic black and white striped crew for less than $30. I have Halogen tees that are years old and are still in great shape and haven’t shrunk. This is a great basic for a great price.
- This past holiday season really made me wish I had a casual but sparkly top in my wardrobe ready to wear for a party at a friend’s house or a casual get together at a neighborhood bar. This metallic v-neck from NYDJ would have done the trick – pair with leather or denim and a pair of heels or booties for a casual, comfortable, yet festive look. In such a color you can wear this far beyond December. 40% off makes it less than $65.
- I love me some stripes, so you know I like this organic cotton sweatshirt from JUNAROSE. Nice details upgrade this from basic sweats and make it stylish and flattering. On sale for less than $45.
- Talk about a statement piece! This gorgeous wool knit poncho from MYNT 1792 is divine and gosh that’s a beautiful shade of blue! Wear it as a coat, with skinny jeans and a tee, or slip over an LBD for a sophisticated look. 33% off.
- I love a blue and white peasant top for spring. Style with lighter colored girlfriend jeans and some slip-on sneakers, with white jeans and tan heeled sandals, add some turquoise and silver jewelry and a touch of bronzer and you’re ready for summer even if it’s months away. This one from Lucky Brand is a breezy batik print and 45% off.
- I ordered this beaded and sequined tee from Adriana Papell as a possible NYE look. It’s truly gorgeous in person, and the wider neckline and fitted sleeves makes it elegant enough to wear tucked into a taffeta midi or ball skirt or under a cocktail pantsuit. Though don’t be afraid to pair with jeans and heels for a bachelorette party! 40% off.
Stay tuned I'll also have a post of standard sized sale picks, and my picks for shoes, bags, and other accessories!