This article may contain affiliate links; if you click on a shopping link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Through November 15th, Nordstrom is having their Fall Clearance Sale. If you didn’t score your deals during the Anniversary Sale, now’s the time to replenish your wardrobe with wallet-friendly staples and update with current trends. I’m a big fan of Nordstrom for their free shipping and returns (with no time limit), variety of sizes, brands, and pricepoints. My picks from the clearance:
Don’t have your winter coat yet? Now’s the time to get one at a great price!
- I’m drooling over the Cole Haan Signature Belted Asymmetrical Wool Blend Coat. In two colors, the cool collar and belted style will flatter the figure and add style plus warmth to your winter looks.
- This classic single-breasted lambswool blend coat from Kristen Blake is a great addition to any wardrobe. The style that works with skirts or pants, can pair with jeans as easily as a cocktail dress, and will stay in style for seasons to come. Regular and petite sizes available; gorgeous selection of colors too!
- I bought a single-breasted trench at a Nordstrom sale many years ago and it remains one of my best purchases. This trench from Via Spiga is similar but has more perks like a detachable hood and classic trench details like the chest flaps and cuffs. Three colors, regular and petite sizes.
- Oh this wrap coat from Steve Madden is delicious; I love the basketweave and the three color choices are elegant. Great style and warmth for under $100!
- I’ll be sharing this fur-trimmed wool jacket from SACHI in an upcoming post; it’s elegant, flattering, comes in regular and petite options and four colors.
- A classic down puffer coat from Calvin Klein with a faux fur trimmed hood and three great colors to choose from. Plus sizes.
- If you’re looking for a long quilted coat that has some style to it, this long down coat from T Tahari is a great choice. Two colors, detachable hood with faux fur trim, cool extended cuffs yet plenty of warmth.
- You know I love leopard, it’s a neutral! This collarless coat from Steve Madden is pretty fabulous; the clean lines make it a versatile piece that can be rocker with jeans and boots, or elegant with a cocktail dress and heels.
- Another fab leopard coat from Steve Madden, this one I have featured in many an advice post for it’s flattering wrap style and cool print. Excited to see it on sale!
- A peacoat is a classic, this one from MICHAEL Michael Kors has gold buttons to add a bit of luxe to this wintertime staple.
- This plus size boiled wool jacket from Eileen Fisher is minimalism chic but comes in five great colors.
- It also comes in Regular and Petite sizes.
- Don't you need a purple faux leather moto jacket from ELOQUII in your life? Wear over shift and sheath dresses, style with jeans, or wear in place of a blazer with work trousers and skirts. Plus sizes.
- Well then, how about a silver metallic biker vest from Rebecca Minkoff? I really really want it, I'd wear it over striped tees, black sheath dresses, a turtleneck and dark jeans… buy it and let me live vicariously through you!
- Well then, can I tempt you with a green leather quilted detail moto jacket? Knit panels give a great fit and the color is to die for! Plus sizes.
Fall and Winter Fashion
Nordstrom always has great sales on fashion, but these events are great to score good prices on clothes you can wear right now.
- This red plus size poncho from Lauren Ralph Lauren is gorgeous and not so trendy it will look passe once the poncho trend has passed. A cotton linen blend means it will be comfortable more months of the year; style over a black dress and boots now, or a white tee and jeans come spring.
- This navy chiffon dress from Eliza J is so elegant, so versatile, so flattering. The color and style makes it work three seasons out of the year, and you could easily dress up with the addition of a sparkly skinny belt and change of shoes. Regular and petite sizes.
- I like the variegated stripes in this tunic from NIC + ZOE, makes a statement while keeping things simple and will be warm and cozy this winter.
- Always sweet to get Eileen Fisher on sale! The ballet neck jersey top has great drape, a flattering neckline, and comes in three gorgeous colors.
- A pretty not-so-little black dress from Eliza J has you ready for all your holiday parties. Plus sizes available.
- This bright green leopard dress from Gabby Skye has such a flattering shape and will make a statement for a super nice low price.
- I live in sweater jackets all winter, and this one is structured enough to work with trousers for the office yet be cozy with leggings around the house. Two colors available.
- Gold crushed velvet drapey cocktail dress – perfect for staying comfortable for holiday affairs. Pair with black heels and you're set!
- I now own two Foxcroft cardigans and find them a great fit and exceptional quality. This plus size striped one is a nice sale price on a sweater that will give you style for years to come.
- A simple stretchy fit and flare dress with pockets is a great addition to the closet. Plus sizes and two great colors to choose from. I have an Eliza J dress that is a decade old that I still wear, it's a great brand for dresses.
- It also comes in Regular and Petite sizes.
- I guess you could wear this ‘Tossed Leaf' print maxi dress now with a denim jacket… I just think it's so pretty and a nice price to buy now and wear this summer. Plus sizes.
- This windowpane plaid sweater dress from Eliza J. is classic, flattering, and versatile. Wear to work with tall boots and/or tights, but it would also be cute with a denim jacket for the weekend.
- This is the kind of dress that will be a wardrobe workhorse. Simple fit and flare style, a fabric that can work year round, this dress can be dressed down with flat sandals and wooden bangles, glammed up with a sparkly belt and heels, worn with a denim jacket, a wrap sweater, as a jumper over a crisp white shirt or fitted turtleneck, with boots or with sneakers. Regular and petite sizes.
- This plus sized metallic twinset from Alex Evenings has you ready for the holidays in a flash. Pair with pants or a skirt and you're dressed to celebrate! The cardigan alone is perfect over dresses and the tank could be paired with jeans for a night out with the girls!
I’m impressed by the selection of shoes, especially boots, that are on sale right now at Nordstrom
- The ‘Dakotah’ riding boot from Hinge looks like a million bucks but is on sale for less than $100. Three colors to choose from, this is a classic that will look chic over skinny jeans or leggings or under skirts.
- The ‘Penny’ Boot from Sam Edelman is gorgeous and luxe, comes in regular and wide calf options, as well as six different colors. Great customer reviews and a great sale price!
- I really really want the ‘Joanie’ boot from MICHAEL Michael Kors. Stretch back and leather front, a tough lug sole, this is a badass boot that has a touch of elegance. Style with a floaty chiffon dress, slip over jeans or leggings. Reviews are positive and people say they are wearable for long days of walking.
- The Vince Camuto ‘Empa’ Pointy Toe Loafer Flat is an excellent work shoe. Great lines and a toe that will peek out from work trousers and look professional. Four great colors to choose from and under $70.
- I have the Converse Shoreline sneakers and love them as an alternative to classic Chucks, which hurt my feet. With an elasticized back and laces, it’s comfort yet still maintains that classic style. I love wearing with sundresses and cuffed jeans.
- The ‘Eleanor’ ankle strap heeled sandal is the perfect shoe for your holiday dressy events. Thin straps and an elegant style will look great with everything from silk cigarette pants to dresses of every length. Six colors available.
- I dig this moto boot, I own similar which I find surprisingly versatile. I wear with leggings or skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, and think it's a great contrast with tights and shift dresses.
- If you're looking for a classic Chelsea boot, the ‘Nocturno' from Lucky Brand is a great option at a great price. Available in two colors.
- I'm loving brogues right now; they're sassy and stylish yet quite comfortable and wearable all day. The ‘Lacey' oxford from Halogen has a fun leopard print that would look great with denim or peeking out of work trousers.
- These leopard print Mary Janes from Jessica Simpson are so sweet and would make a great contrast to most any color in your wardrobe. And for less than $60, you can't resist!
- The Cole Haan ‘Anya' bootie is the perfect boot for work and play. Sleek heel and pointed toe to look elegant and professional with trousers as well as opaque tights, yet it will also look fab come the weekend with jeans or a little dress.
I always buy my bags during Nordstrom sales because they regularly put current styles and hot brands at a nice discount.
- The ‘Mini Crosby’ crossbody bag from Rebecca Minkoff is adorable and a great bag for travel or everyday. Rebecca Minkoff makes great bags, and this one is a great price and comes in two fab colors.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors’ ‘Small Bedford’ bag is a great shape and size; many colors are still full price but this very versatile blush shade is perfect for now and into spring.
- A leather tote under $90 with a pouch that can be removed to be a clutch? Travel perfection! This leather tote from POVERTY FLATS comes in three colors and is soft enough to shove into your suitcase and use for sightseeing or make it your carry-on.
- Halogen makes great pieces – stylish but not too trendy, good quality but a reasonable price. The Halogen ‘Fremont' tote fits the bill; soft leather, three chic colors to choose from, and plenty of storage will make this a great commuter tote or travel companion.
- Leopard and calfhair crossbody? Yes please! The ‘Eartha' crossbody bag from ZAC Zac Posen is awesome (and under $200). If you're not an animal print gal, it also comes in a chic neutral brown.
- This classic shoulderbag from Ivanka Trump is perfection – perfect size, perfect color, and perfect gold and tortoise detail to keep it from being too basic.
- Bucket bags have been in style for years but are quite popular right now. The ‘Bronte' bucket bag from Patricia Nash is clean, classic, and a great size for a great price. While black is lovely, I am partial to this bag in tan.
So many of my accessories come from Nordstrom; they do a good job of mixing pricepoints without including crappy quality.
- This long beaded stone pendant is in my shopping cart as I type this. Less than $25 for a long pendant that will add a bit of interest and sparkle to any kind of outfit. It's hard to choose which color to buy; I was really torn but went with Arabian Spice.
- This oversized scarf will add style three seasons out of the year; the price is phenomenal for a scarf of that size. It's so big you can get creative with it – make it a cummerbund, turn it into a beach coverup, and tie it in a multitude of ways!
- This cuff from Melinda Maria reminds me of my Rebecca Minkoff cuff that I wear all the time. It's so simple it makes for a wonderful signature piece, and I adore the faceted stone detail!
- You know by now how much I adore my silver wrist cuff; this domed cuff bracelet from Nordstrom isn't sterling or quite as big but it still makes a gorgeous impact. Also comes in gold and the price is fantastic!
- I adore the statement that this wide braided belt from MICHAEL Michael Kors creates. Slip over any sheath or fit and flare dress in your wardrobe for a complete transformation; it would also look great cinching a scarf or ruana.
- If you're in need of gloves this winter (or want to give a lovely gift) these knit cuff leather gloves from Fownes Brothers are classic, elegant, and I have a pair of gloves by this brand and can confirm they are well made. Three colors to choose from.
- I think this glasses chain is so pretty! If you wear reading or computer glasses, you're often slipping them on and off; this makes the process easy and not look granny at all.
Have you purchased anything during the Nordstrom Fall Clearance Sale? What are your picks?
Thrift Store Mama says
I LOVE it when you do these posts. Thank you so much!
The Cole Haan coat – I got mine in the bordeaux color at TJMaxx about a month ago for $119.99. I was on my way out of the store when I spotted the rack and it was love at first site. The color is gorgeous and it looks great on. I didn’t need a winter coat but I couldn’t walk away from it!
Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen says
What an awesome score!!
Allie, I have a quick question not about this post but I hope you can give me a short answer. What should a 46-year old stay-at-home mom wear to a retail job interview? I’m guessing my black interview pants suit is not quite the right thing. (The company is a discount shoe store if that makes a difference.) Thanks!
Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen says
No need for a suit unless you’re applying for store manager, DM, or RM. You could wear the pants with a stylish sweater or top, or a dress. I’d wear something that’s not uber trendy but shows you’re aware of current trends (a simple black knit dress styled with a denim jacket and/or tall boots is an easy way). There’s a good chance you will be interviewed by someone who is the age where s/he could be your child; I’ve been that manager in the past and I found I was drawn to those who didn’t seem too serious, too “old” or “mom” but still had a good sound head on her shoulders. I think of when I worked at The Body Shop, my best employee was a SAHM in I’m guessing her 40s, she usually wore a black sweater and pants or a black knit shift dress and flat shoes to work, but she had funky glasses, liked colorful lipstick, and wore fun necklaces she often made herself. She saw the fun in things, she could giggle with the teenagers on the team, customers of all ages connected with her, but she was reliable and took her job seriously. I bet they will be THRILLED to have you be on the team, being a SAHM means you’re an expert in multitasking, working under a deadline, having a great memory and used to cleaning up other people’s messes without taking it too personally. Retail is a fun community, I wish you the best on your interview!!!
Thank you so much. I have 2 teens of my own and also tutor high school math so I’ve got that going for me. (One is off to college next year so I NEED to get back to the workforce) In addition, my background is in engineering & computer science but haven’t worked in 15+ years. My only fear is them thinking I am over-qualified. I’ll let you know how it goes. You are such an inspiration to me! Thanks again.